1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Meeptimes #47: The Christmas Edition

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CluelessKlutz, Dec 24, 2017.

1. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

[​IMG]

Welcome to The MeepTimes, the twice-monthly update to keep the community in the loop with what’s new, behind the scenes, and in the works. This will be published every other Saturday.

We decided to skip the previous edition to prepare for the Christmas event.

Server Updates

[​IMG]

Christmas Decorations
    Spawn has been decorated for the holidays, merry Christmas, and a happy new year to everyone!

Hornemans Appreciation Month
    This special month has many different meanings, and there are a remarkable number of traditions that are celebrated around the world. For many, December marks the beginning of a very special time: Hornemans Appreciation Month. That is why, in honor of this very special month, we are offering a Hornemans limited edition head on the server store. #AppreciateHornemans

Bugs Squashed

Logging Out in Skyblock
    You will no longer get locked out of the server by logging into Skyblock! Instead, you will log back in at the last other world you were in.

Connection Issues
    An issue which prevented players from connecting has also been patched!

Community Events

[​IMG]

Christmas Building Contest
    The Christmas building contest offered a chance for residents and towns alike to decorate for the holidays, with winners to be announced soon!

[​IMG]

Hornemans Dinner Party
    Many enjoyed the banquet dedicated to the mighty Hornemans, with the castle host of @Fuzzlr.

The Project - Christmas Event!

[​IMG]

What is the Christmas Event?
    The Christmas event is a seasonal event created for everyone's enjoyment over this holiday season. With a unique quest, challenging parkour, high-speed boat races, and the mob arena with special rewards, it offers plenty to do and see!

Who’s been working on this?

Let’s Talk!
    What kind of things can we expect from the Christmas event?

In the Christmas event you can find a special quest, iceboat races, parkour, fishing comps and a huge area to explore. - @NinjaRoxy

Fun, fun, fun!! - @Oldchopper

Containing a quest, a parkour, and even a boat race, the Christmas event offers something for most players on MeepCraft to enjoy. - @LordInateur

How do you think players feel about it?

I can only assume that they love me and want to worship me - @Oldchopper

I think that they'll probably enjoy it. The community really comes together to enjoy these special events. - @LordInateur

So far most of the players love the event. I have had mainly really good comments about it sent to me. It gives the players a lot of options of things to do. - @NinjaRoxy

What benefits does this project offer?

As mentioned before, I think that these really help bring the community together, and I think that it's good to have these events during a time when our player count is starting to go back up. - @LordInateur

The project offers players something different and fun. Chopper and I worked really hard to plan this out. - @NinjaRoxy

More players - @Oldchopper

What was your favorite part of this project?

My favorite part is hard to choose. I love a few things. The iceboats are so fun, even tho I'm really bad at driving them. It's more like bumper cars for me. I think I hit everything possible. I also love the mob arena, there are some great prizes to be exchanged for the presents that drop. - @NinjaRoxy

I think that the work that was put into the architecture was quite nice. - @LordInateur

Watching Cleaves lose to teddypines in the iceboat racing - @Oldchopper

Anything else you’d like to add?

/warp Christmas, or go through the portal at spawn for some fun events!! And have a great Christmas!! - @NinjaRoxy

Storytime with the Crew - The Plugin Part 3
    The world shook. A massive force rippled the plains, the forests, the deep oceans. Ravines formed, water displaced. The world was falling apart.

Fuzzlr and Spongey had one mission – to find the plugin parts that were causing this mass destruction and disable them for good.

They had searched far and wide among the world, to find one part deep inside a ravine. They barely escaped, but managed to disable the part successfully. They had two parts to go.

“Keep looking. We need a purple stack of blocks, just like the last one.” Spongey nodded. She knew what to do. Scanning the world, she looks in every nook and cranny of jungle biomes, of mushroom islands, and of deep sea trenches. And at last, deep underwater, was the purple stack.

Fuzzlr immediately teleported in, and set about doing his business. Spongey waited outside, scouting for any sign of natural disaster, or danger, to be seen. Last time it was an earthquake; this time? It could be anything.

With her air tank intact, she decided to venture off a few chunks and look at a prismarine temple she discovered. It seemed remarkably intact. Entering inside, she saw that the spawner was still there, the guardians floating around outside the structure. She decided it would be a good idea for an outpost, but then thought against it. Last time that happened, it nearly ruined their whole plans. Not this time, she thought.

Continuing to search around, Spongey heard a low, rumbling sound. She hadn’t claimed anything, so the sound was unusual. Then again, this plugin was very unpredictable. Suddenly, a huge wall of the temple was thrown out into the open water, and Spongey could see what was behind it – a whirlpool, sucking all the blocks in a chunk radius down into the depths of the ocean floor, to destruction.

Spongey immediately alerted Fuzz, who suddenly had the ability to work double-time.

“Done. Let’s get out of here!” shouted Fuzz. Swimming as fast as they could, they escaped the reaches of the whirlpool, and continued the search for the last piece of the puzzle.

Taiga biomes, spruce biomes, everywhere. It was like a treasure hunt on the most extreme scenario.

“We have ten minutes. We need to find this piece now.” Fuzz alerted Spongey, and they both searched quicker and more efficiently for the last bit of the plugin.

With two minutes left on the clock, they found the last piece. Deep inside a jungle biome, nestled among many leaves of the trees. Fuzzlr set to work, going as fast as possible. The loud, booming sound of the disasters combining was deafening. “We’re not going to make it! There’s not enough time!” he shouted.

“What do we do, then?” shouted back Spongey.

“You need to use this command! Did you get it? I messaged it to you!” yelled Fuzz.

Spongey looked at the command. She had no idea what it was, or what it would do. This was their only hope.

“You need to do it! Now! It’ll delay the plugin from deleting the save files for a few seconds!”

It was now or never. Spongey executed the command.

The world stood still. Everything was dead. The only sound was Fuzzlr tapping away at the purple blob of bricks. Then suddenly, as quick as it stopped, it started again. Fuzzlr worked furiously, disabling portions after portions of the plugin. It seemed as if they weren’t going to make it.

The roaring sounds of the environment came closer. Spongey felt closed in, realizing that all her hard work on this server would be lost forever. She leaned back on her chair, and closed her eyes. A small sigh, for effect.

It stopped.

The sound through her headset cut.

It was over.

Fuzz emerged from the blocks. “We did it.” A small smile.

Spongey grinned. “What now?” she said.

Fuzz stopped. Looked around at the devastated world they had formed.

“We rebuild.”

Humans Of MeepCraft - Feat. @EatSomeCheezCake
    What inspired your name?
    I LOVE cheesecake and eating things, one day etha_lightflame and I were coming up with ideas for my new username and decided on that. It was something that was easy to remember and that showed two things I love to do!

What is your favorite memory on the server?
    My favorite memory on the server has to be the time that I started a skin business with _Martha and BridgetIsBoring. The actual business kind of failed but I got to know both of these girls very well and become good friends with them, I am very grateful for this experience.

Given that you spend a considerable amount of time on Meep’s Discord, what would you say the best part about Discord is?
    The best part about discord in my opinion is the people, I always can talk to friends and meet new people there. It’s always lots of fun cracking jokes and discussing things with new and old players from meepcraft.

What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
    My favorite christmas tradition is having all of my sisters and I sit in the living room in our pajamas on christmas eve and watch How The Grinch Stole Christmas. It is something that I’ve enjoyed doing for a long time.

What is your favorite Star Wars movie?
    I would have to say Revenge Of The Sith, it was the first Star Wars movie I watched.

Welcomes and Farewells
    We bid goodbye to @Fire_Wolf04, one of our beloved helpers, and wish him good luck with his future!

We also say goodbye to one of our hardworking admins, @xT3Kx, who has spent countless hours working to better the server.

Joining our media team, we welcome @jrs25872 aboard!

Congratulations to @iKitten as she begins her journey as a helper!

Finally, we offer a major congratulations to our dedicated, hardworking @LordInateur on being promoted to administrator. Best of luck, and we cannot wait to see what you’ll do from here!

Social Media!
    Be sure to follow us on our social media platforms to get sneak peaks and be kept up to date on all things meep!

Instagram! - @officialmeepcraftmc

Facebook! - @meepcraftmc

Get involved with the MeepTimes

With every release of the MeepTimes, we pick a cover photo submitted by the community! The owner of each piece of content selected will receive a 5,000 meeble reward. To submit a cover photo for the next release of the MeepTimes, send a private message to @CluelessKlutz. Happy Meeping!

The next issue of The MeepTimes will be released January 6, 2018! See you in the new year!

This issue was created by @CluelessKlutz, @OKNEM

2. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

previous 2, ck

3. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

lovely edition, guys! can't wait to hear who's won the build competition!

iKitten and onceuponajano like this.
  4. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

why are there two bug squashed sections u dum
    b O
    xdddddddd

5. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

When you squash the bugs SO HARD

That it requires two sections

SuperDyl, iKitten and onceuponajano like this.
  6. Trexy

Trexy Celebrity Meeper

Is this an error made by the staff, or was this on purpose? Anyways, I love to hear about all the great new things happening, and so sad I missed the Hornemans Banquet.

7. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Meeptimes is every 2 weeks. Skipping one makes it once a month, and our last edition was on the 26th of November.

onceuponajano, lanekids40 and iKitten like this.
  8. iKitten

iKitten >^-^<

Great edition once again! I am excited to find out who won the Christmas contest!!

9. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

That Angel on the Christmas tree is stunning!
    Not mentioned in the project, feelsbadman :cry:

onceuponajano, iKitten and lanekids40 like this.
  10. lanekids40

wait your helper but not staff? hmm trainees get put on the staff list the moment the application is accepted...ill let you figure out where that is lol but gratz kitten! just be glad you dont need to take 2 years and a bunch of tests to become a mod, a mentor breathing down your neck and need to deal with trolling devs. xD
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 24, 2017, Original Post Date: Dec 24, 2017 ---
    feeling out of the loop? welcome to the scrub club kling.

iKitten likes this.
  11. iKitten

iKitten >^-^<

o, I am sure that has nothin' to do with that button that says 'STAFF'
    Nooope, obviously not

12. lanekids40

its actually the bottom option under the support dropdown menu that says Staff Members where the only listed, very reliable and very much #inboxspam developer is. If I say any more I might get forum banned for advertisement.

13. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

wow the next meep times is next year so long to go hahahaha

nice editiono!

onceuponajano and iKitten like this.