1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

MeepFactions - MeepKingdoms - MeepEmpires

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Draqq, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

Although there isn't much competition for towny servers, there has been a huge decline to Meepcraft for whatever reason (currently there are only 23 people online at the time of writing this suggestion at 8:30 PM GMT) and now, there are Towny servers with more active players than Meepcraft at it's current state - therefore Meepcraft needs something that can bring towny back alive, there always used to be talk about everything on the server being unique but that was never really the case, but risks and new ideas are critical to raise the servers player count up and bring it back to it's former self. I feel my idea would be beneficial to the server as I haven't saw anything like it before and in my head; it seems that it could be pretty fun.

I really don't know how to propose this idea in writing but i'll try my best and if anyone has any further ideas to add - I'd be glad to add them in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MeepFactions - MeepKingdoms - MeepEmpires
    bringing towny, factions and rpg together.

To start this off, this is entirely based on the Towny plugin with some aspects of Factions in it; this doesn't need to be a brand new plugin as these suggestions could be added to the current plugin.

Upon starting your adventure to the towny universe, you will be prompted with a GUI (or just chat based) with a few options;

• Their race
    • Their philosophy/religion
    • Preferred jobs
    • (more to be added..)

After creation of their player, they will begin a single quest/job which will be the tutorial (this plugin would work greatly for this

After the tutorial, assuming they learn the basics of the server they will be prompted with yet another GUI (or again text based) asking the player to select which lands/part of the world they would like to start off in; players can change town/area at any time, just like the current towny. I'll try explain the whole world areas down below

The map/lands - The map would be split up into various different areas, each area will have it's own king and whatnot (and a general overseer/king of all the kingdom)

Area examples (these were just pulled from a generator)

Gliethien
    Etherrath
    Serrawia
    Acerahar
    Acudda

What exactly are the areas?

Like I mentioned above, the world/server is split into different areas (which will be known as empires; all with different towns within them.

What is the king?
    The king is more or less the nation leader, they will earn a small tax percentage of earnings from all players within that nation/area/empire (maybe 1.3% or lower like 0.3%). The king would have to be a town mayor and for the player to be the king, he/she has to have a castle (something 4-6 plots) which will be the same as townys current plots (embassy, shop, outpost etc) however, these plots will have PVP on whenever the king is on so that people can try kill the king and take the throne (not too sure exactly how this is going to happen yet, as just killing is pretty easy). The kings will also be able to set jobs/quests for their empire (will be explained further below) if the king is offline for a long period, the kingship will be passed onto a high up member in the kings town, this will also be done at random.

What is the purpose of the king?
    TO BE ADDED

What is the overall king/overseer?
    Similar to the empire kings, however instead of the kings getting a tax percentage of earnings from the players, they will be receiving it from towns; again, the throne can be taken from this king and i'll explain how in a bit below)

What other changes to the map?
    The wild/no mans land, this will be somewhat like the current wild server and could either be between the areas/empires. The terrain will be custom and will have many ruins, on top of that there will be real time events (info to be added)

BELOW WAS WRITTEN FOR VANILLA TOWNY BUT CAN BE TWEAKED FOR THIS SUGGESTION:

-----------------------Towny RPG/Jobs (Town Quests)-----------------------

What are Towny Jobs/Quests?

- Towny jobs are jobs/quests within the towny plugin, partially similar to the servers old /jobs plugin but has been enhanced to hopefully play a vital role in the servers towny system.

How can I my residents partake in these said jobs?

- Town residents can participate in these jobs by issuing server commands to start them. There will be two sides of the jobs, there will be set vanilla jobs implemented by the servers staff/administrators and jobs issued via town staff and mayors.

What can my residents achieve/be rewarded for completing these jobs?

- There will be town ranks (not to be mistaking for town staff ranks) and a levelling (xp) system, on top of general rewards. Your residents can earn xp from completing the jobs and by earning xp for simply, just being in the town! (which can be toggled off) which will allow the residents to gain enough xp to level up. The players will not only get to compete to climb up the ranks....TO BE CONTINUED

Town rank ideas -

Starter/Newbie (I,II,III)
    Trusted
    Respected
    Experienced
    (more to come)...

How can I expand on the rewards/levels?

- COMING SOON

How can I benefit from this as a mayor?

- First of all, you are always going to be needing help regardless of your current worth and what better way to get help than from your loving residents?
    You will be able to check and monitor your residents jobs activity and if you see that one of your residents is actively participating in these jobs and is being an overall good citizen, you can then recruit them as town staff.
    Reducing the constant rely vshop gets.
    Helping make towny a better and more fun place for everyone :)
    Reward your residents with items, money, bigger plots, houses..anything you want.

What are some of the jobs?

- Job ideas issued by town staff: no set jobs, so maybe jobs such as..

retrieve 3 horses for the town farm
    bring 5 stacks of cobblestone to the chest in town spawn and so on
    brew 13 fire res potions and return to one of the town staff members

Vanilla jobs: only the basic /jobs plugin as of this moment (these jobs could be tinkered or changed to suit the server staffs needs-

alchemist
    armorer
    baker
    brewer
    builder
    carpenter
    conjurer
    digger
    enchanter
    farmer
    fisherman
    miner
    soldier
    theurgist
    tinkerer
    toolmaker
    weaponsmith
    woodsman

Special/Occasional jobs: jobs issued by staff, usually daily/weekly/monthly challenge type jobs e.g -

?successfully complete 8 jobs this week
    ?earn a total of 25,000 meebles this month from jobs
    ?participate in at least 3 jobs a day

Why would this be worthwhile implementing?

- Reduces the rely on vshop
    Enhances the towny experience
    Allows town mayors and residents to get to interact more.

What are all the commands?

- /quests check: Allows residents to check current job offerings, job popularity and job pay-outs. (more information could also be displayed.
    /quests daily: Allows residents to check current daily special jobs offerings
    /quests weekly (extra, not really needed): Allows residents to check current weekly special job offerings.
    /quests monthly (and again ^): Allows residents to check curr..you get the drill by now.
    /quests stats (self explanatory, shows your quest stats)
    /quests start (jobname)
    /quests cancel (jobname)
    /quests recieve: Allows residents to claim their rewards from jobs (not sure if this would be better than automatically recieving the rewards)

Why is this different from the vanilla jobs plugin?

- The servers vanilla/old jobs plugin was only based on making money and players had nothing to look forward to or anything to gain from it (except the money). With this enhanced jobs/quests plugin residents can participate in the jobs, earning xp, leveling up, gaining meeble/item rewards and generally helping your town out.

How can the server staff further expand on this?

- Quests info Scoreboard
    - Rewards for things such as: "Most jobs completed by player this month!"

What will show up after entering commands? (This is how it would somehow look in-game)

For residents: "/quests stats"
    |============================================|
    Quests Info

Resident: (player)
    Town rank & XP: (e.g Newbie II, XP: 3452)
    Balance: (shows players balance, not really needed)
    Total jobs completed: (shows amount of jobs you have completed)
    Total amount earned from jobs: (shows your total earnings from quests)

For mayors: "/quests cp, /quests checkplayer"

Quests Info

Resident: ohDraqq
    Town rank & XP: Expereinced I, XP: 9452
    Total jobs completed: 43
    Town life: 4m, 7d (shows how long the player has lived in the town for, in month/day format)

For any town member: "/quests check"

|=============================================|
    Quests Info

Current Job vacancies

Job: (issued by town staff) Retrieve 14 book shelves for me
    Pay: 3000 meebles (random number)

Job: (issued by town staff) Retrive 2 horses for the town farm
    Pay: 2000 meebles (again, random number)

Job: (issued by server staff) Complete 5 towny jobs within this week
    Pay: 3000 meebles (same again)

"/quests check 2" for page 2

QUESTS INFO SCOREBOARD (Easier way for players to check basic quest information without having to enter in a command.

=========================
    | Towny |
    | |
    |Current Quest: |
    |Meebles: |
    |Rank/XP: |
    | |
    =========================

Basically, the jobs plugin implemented into my suggestion ^

*An MCMMO type plugin could also be useful to add to this idea.

Empire/towns war

Both empires and towns can go to war, they will be broken down into two types of war;

Town War - Where a town goes to war with an enemy town.
    Empire War - When multiple towns within an empire go to war with an enemy empire.

No one is forced to participate in these wars, for the town war; some of these towns who plan to go to war will most likely have residents who are all ready for the war and if not the members can join in on the war at any time with a simple command, this also goes for the empire wars; however it will be towns as a whole that can join in on the wars.

How do towny wars work?

Pulled directly from the towny wiki.

During war Nations fight each other. Towns without a nation are not included, cannot score points and cannot have their townblocks griefed.
    Nations can also pay a daily Neutrality cost to avoid taking part in a war.
    While war is in effect, each competing town has a health points property attached to it. Normal townblocks have an HP of 60 while Home Blocks have 120 points by default. This can be changed in the config. A townblock loses HP by enemy-nation residents standing within the townblock. When a townblock has lost all HP and fallen the town which the attacker belongs to gains one townblock and points to their War Score. A Town can be knocked out of a war when their Home Block falls or if their Mayor is killed. A Nation can be knocked out of a war if its capital city is knocked out of the war, or if the King is killed.
    Points in war given for the following:
    • A enemy killed: 1
    • A townblock stolen: 1
    • A town knocked out of the war: 10
    • A nation knocked out of the war: 100
    Towny war ends when there is only one nation who's Home Block has not been conquered or when the admin toggles war off. Although the townblocks are restored at the end of war, the damage from any griefing is permanent.

But if anyone would like to know more about towny wars, the information can easily be found via a google search (or watch a video on youtube).

Towny war will be adjusted to suit with this suggestion.

I'll edit and add on to this whenever I have time, I only simply posted the bare basics of my idea to see what feedback the suggestion gets at this state.

2. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

Wow. +1

3. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

How long would this take to implement exactly..?

4. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

Well, that all comes down to the techs.

GroovyGrevous, jmelara and Lilstokes like this.
  5. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

So a few years got it

6. SirCallow

SirCallow Legendary Meeper

I would actually be excited by this. Excellent idea Draqqy. +1.

GroovyGrevous likes this.
  7. WarriorHeart

WarriorHeart Celebrity Meeper

...i actually like this idea
    +1

8. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

Amazing idea, I love every aspect of it! Definite +1

cooey likes this.
  9. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

10. xXAdotXx

xXAdotXx Bibliophile Extraordinaire

This is absolutely friggen phenomenal how much effort you have put into this. It's one of the best suggestions I've seen in a while. So props on that.

I have a question though... (shh i know it's long)

I am a Mayor of a town in the current towny. You said at the beginning of the thread that kings could be dethroned, and whenever the king was online pvp would be enabled or something. I think its a good idea in the mind of a resident, but as a king/mayor I find it a little unsettling. I'm not the best at pvp, so I would constantly be on edge whenever I would be online in towns. Just the idea of putting a lot of effort into a town and just losing it within seconds makes me cringe. I've been building and improving my town since about February of this year, and I've put so much time and money into it. With this plugin would there be an option to turn off King overthrowing? I know it would be pretty useless to even put that plugin in if you could toggle it, but it makes me think that some noob will kill me when I'm afk or something and now he has a town.

Otherwise this idea is absolutely amazing and I hope to God that some staff member considers this. Omg just day Del's post and yay! I hope that this gets accepted so badly. I think it will take a while to implement and test and stuff, but in the long run it will be super beneficial to Meep.

Once again awesome idea.
    HUUUGE +1 to this

metr0n0me likes this.
  11. Phosslerpls

Phosslerpls Active Meeper

Ever since I first began playing minecraft, I fantasized something like this. With this suggestion, you have potentially created a reason for me to redownload minecraft. This is an extremely amazing idea, OhDraqq. Have my second born child. My first born will go to whoever makes this.

GroovyGrevous, Draqq and xXAdotXx like this.
  12. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

Oh. My. God.

How long did this take to write? I'm speechless. Definite +1; it would revitalize the community.

Draqq and xXAdotXx like this.
  13. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/heroes/
    Cooler than mcmmo imo

I feel like this plugin would help with a lot of the things you've suggested, as it has a sort of skill tree with classes, so players can climb through various ranks.
    How about the king of each nation is decided by the staff, and the position is reassigned every month, with a player only ever being eligible for one month. I also dislike the idea of the king and emporer gaining taxes from their citizens, as it could motivate players to pursue that position for the sake of gaining money, and not bettering said empire.

metr0n0me likes this.
  14. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

This. Is. Amazing
    I have seriously dreamed about something like this.
    Although it would take SO much time to implement everything and make it work, I think this is an amazing idea.
    The only difficulty is making it connect with the current server. Making it so there are good perks for donors would be one problem. As a donor, I definitely know that I would want lots of good perks and things for the new world. Maybe something like a God rank, or a Angel instead of Ultimate. Another would be making it so Meebles do carry over correctly and the rich keep some of their wealth. But it would also really change the server in a serious way. What would happen to the other servers? Wild would be used, but what about the other minigames? Games like Infected and Laser would not fit with the new idea.
    If these major problems can be fixed, I am putting the biggest +1 that I have ever put on this suggestion.
    +1

metr0n0me likes this.
  15. Killer2themx

Killer2themx Celebrity Meeper

This would be a new towny world, right? I don't want my stuff being reset. If so, +1!

SillySilver, cooey and metr0n0me like this.
  16. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

Sorry, I didn't explain this all the best but to clarify; town mayors and the king are two different things, town mayors will be more or less the same as they currently are. A player cannot overrule a town - however, I have an idea in place for something like this for the players who prefer that playstyle.

jmelara likes this.
  17. 1MinecraftLord1

1MinecraftLord1 Celebrity Meeper

Love it bb +1

18. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

I hope so....
    If separate townys
    [beta]
    [alpha]
    [kingdom-towny]
    +1

SillySilver and GroovyGrevous like this.
  19. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

how about the king always have a buff that protects him? (idk how, maybe the buff that god apples give you, the extra 2 hearts. but like 20 more hearts??)

LadyCassandra, cooey and Draqq like this.
  20. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

Great idea :)