1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

MeepDev Community Project

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by LordInateur, Aug 19, 2017.

1. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

Hi everyone!

So there is no doubt in my mind that the members of the Meep Community have various strengths--some members can build really well, some run phenomenal MeepBusinesses, and still others host wonderful community events. But what I want to focus on are developers that are in the community, and those who want to learn more about development. So, I wanted to let everyone know that I've gained approval to launch the MeepDev Community Project. Here's the idea:
    • Members of the community can choose to work on open-source projects with the Meep Techs. The Techs and Admins will then work together to determine which plugins should be implemented.
    • Members who have their plugins integrated will receive 15k meebles from my personal account and will be recognized as a plugin contributor.
    • There are no time commitments... no member of the MeepDev Community Project is required to meet any deadline.
    • Becoming a productive MeepDev Community Project member is a good stepping-stone if you decide to apply for MeepCraft Tech.
    • Any member that wants help on their code, reach out to me! I'm more than happy to take a look.
    For those who don't know how to code and want to:
    • I will be hosting a session just to gauge interest-level and skill-level of interested community members on Saturday, August 26, 2017 at 4:00 PM CST in the MeepCraft Discord. If you don't want to make it at that time, feel free to message me on Discord or in-game.
    • MeepCraft's Minecraft plugins are coded with Java... I would highly recommend learning this before starting on Minecraft plugins. A good resource to learn Java is Codecademy.
    • MeepCraft runs on Spigot so definitely take a look at their resources if you're interested in learning.
    Disclaimers:
    • There are no in-game ranks associated with this unless you proceed to become a MeepCraft Tech afterwards. Becoming a MeepCraft Tech is no guarantee--this is only one stepping stone to prove to Techs and Admins that you are capable of software development.
    • You may choose whether or not to make your projects open to the community, but the source in its entirety must be open to the MeepCraft Techs if you want it implemented. No project will be added unless we can compile it ourselves after we have fully reviewed it.
    • There is no guarantee that your project will be added; the Admins will have the final say on this.
    • If you submit your project to us, you agree that we may freely implement and/or modify the project before implementation.
    Please feel free to message me on the forums, in Discord, or in-game at any point if you have any questions!

2. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Rip I can't make it, that's like 2 am in the morning for me lol

3. jadenPete

jadenPete Code Writer & Meme Trader

I'd like to see my plugin OpenMail get integrated. The card on Trello for the new mail plugin has been up for forever now and probably will get left behind because it's low priority. My plugin follows all those specifications and has been thoroughly debugged and tested. I don't really care about the money, just want other players to enjoy it.

OKNEM, SuperDyl and Natsu like this.
  4. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

im down!

can't make that time though :<

5. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

What's everyone's availability looking like? I'm definitely open to having more than one meeting and/or moving things around if need be.

GroovyGrevous likes this.
  6. jadenPete

jadenPete Code Writer & Meme Trader

Anytime on the weekend or later than 8:00 PM PST on weekdays.

7. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Any time between 8 PM - 8 AM EST

But from Aug 25 on Mon-Thu and Sundays, anytime from 4-8 AM EST well rip

8. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

Maybe I'll look at spigot soon then, as this sounds interesting, but it won't be too soon, sorry.

9. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

Got to give this a BUMP! Great idea Lord!

SuperDyl and riri30 like this.
  10. CasualMow

CasualMow Celebrity Meeper

Very fun, but I already have a headake xD I am more than willing to help out though!

11. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

Could I join I’d love to help out!