1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

MeepDelivery

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Coelho, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Coelho

Coelho Onis_Luck Elder

To be implemented with another one of my suggestions, "Better ChestShop", http://meepcraft.com/threads/better-chestshop.25053/
    The past few weeks with ChestShop alone has shown that it is an unsustainable source of revenue for Meepers everywhere. To resolve this, we will be implementing a service on MeepCraft called MeepDelivery.

MeepDelivery is a service where the server will automatically find the lowest prices for items on the market, and deliver them to you immediately after purchase.

For example,
    @DianaB72 is selling Stone for 30 meebles each at their Better ChestShop, and only has 1,000 in stock.
    @Cooleysworld is selling Stone for 50 meebles each at their Better ChestShop, and has 10,000 in stock.

You need 10,000 Stone for your new building project, and you need it right now. For this, you will type "/order 10000 stone"

The server will notify you that this stone will cost 30 * 1000 + 50 * 9000 each, along with a 20% fee. If you accept this price, you can type "/order accept". If you do not like the price, you can type "/order deny".

Fees
    We will be charging, for this service, a 30% fee to all Citizens and a 20% fee to all donators on top of the item cost. This is subject to change.

Nitty gritty
    It may be worthwhile, later on, to allow Shop owners to pay for some of the fee themselves to allow them to take priority over other Shop owners in the order process. For example, @Cooleysworld selling for 35 but covering the entire 20% fee on the order process would be favored over @DianaB72 selling for 30 but not covering the fee (because Cooleys would be lower price)

Goal
    This will allow players to quickly get items as well as allowing shop owners to quickly sell items. If you want to not pay any fees, and get the lowest possible price, you can go to the shop yourself and not use the MeepDelivery system at all. It is your choice.

What is your opinion?

CG6843, Aarett, SpongeyStar and 27 others like this.
  2. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

Still not vShop

but, mehh +0.3

3. Ulfsaar221

Ulfsaar221 Well-Known Meeper

+1 I think this is smart but i'll take some time

4. ToonMichaela

ToonMichaela Celebrity Meeper

we need dis. everywhere. especially skyblock.

5. Coelho

Coelho Onis_Luck Elder

Hmmm. That'd be super cool.

smk, RaidByNightOnly and ToonMichaela like this.
  6. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

This is a good addition to the system.

7. ToonMichaela

ToonMichaela Celebrity Meeper

its especially usefull so we dont need our warps open to sell things if i understand what you mean with the /order ;)

8. Fangdragon1998

Fangdragon1998 Queen of the Nubs, La Elite Dragoness, Kæri On!

soooo a lot like vshop?

9. Owen Powell

Owen Powell Popular Meeper

+1, this would be really helpful, and satisfy fans of vshop and chestshops/ npcshops.

10. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

So it's basically vshop but with chests? I like it.

11. leodavinci9000

leodavinci9000 Popular Meeper

#3rdlike

+1
    Sounds really complicated to program, but still would be very useful and somewhat like V-Shop

12. Chunk_E_Cheese

Chunk_E_Cheese Popular Meeper

2 Questions-
    1. Could this be used to find the lowest sellers and go to their shop manually without the fee?
    2. Would this include all chestshop owners, or do they have to opt in?
    Other than that, it sound like a really cool idea!

Empoleon_master likes this.
  13. Cookies713

Cookies713 Celebrity Meeper

Make it 15% and 10%. I find thirty and twenty to be way to much for just ordering something.

14. JaMiiE_Londors

JaMiiE_Londors Popular Meeper

orrr..... just add vshop back?

15. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

^^^ So much easier..

kwagscraft likes this.
  16. superbros1211

superbros1211 Most Popular Meeper

I definitely agree with this idea!!
    It would solve so many problems.

17. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

So basically chestshop vshop. +1.

kwagscraft and Toostenheimer like this.
  18. semiblind

semiblind Active Meeper

This is what myself and other have tried to get the staff to listen to since the vocal minority on the forums began pushing for removal of the meepshop.

There were plenty of ways to fix up the system that was already there rather than making a drastic move.

Barring vshop or meepshop coming back, the best way to stimulate the current economy would be to open the admin gold market and let new currency flow. Right now everyone is selling, trying to buffer their cash reserves because there is only a trickle of new currency. If everyone is selling and nobody is buying, well... prices start to tumble. This coupled with the unneeded wild reset (and the plan to reset more often) just makes for a terrible economic situation.

Really, this idea sounds like a weak version of the vshop. If you are seriously considering it, you should also seriously conside putting tue vshop or the meepshop back in.

As a customer, i would not use this service as you have outlined it. I wont pay 20 or 30 percent just to buy something, ill pwarp and get what i need instead.

If your goal is to remove currency, make sinks. Give the players that dont have or want towns and pwarps something to spend their cash on. Currency only perks and currency only ranks (these dont have or need to be anywhere close to paid ranks/perks) that everyone can buy and use is the most efficient solution, and it will give the playerbase something new and fun to do, use, and work towards. Once the players have something they truly want to spend their currency on, they will spend it and it will be removed from the economy. I would go so far to predict that shops will prosper once currency actually starts flowing.

On the whole, id say there are larger economic issues that need taken care of way way before dedicating time and resources to finding a 5 meeble difference in shop prices.

Empoleon_master and Draqq like this.
  19. Coelho

Coelho Onis_Luck Elder

The removal of MeepShop was planned for half a year.

No. There was not. The old system was broken.

The gold system is already planned to be readded. There is no change.

I disagree. This accomplishes the goal of benefiting players for visiting other's towns/malls, while adding the convenience of the old vshop at the same time. You clearly don't know what our goal is.

Nobody asked you to use it.

It is not an intention to remove currency. It is an intention to make the option of visiting the shop and manually purchasing more beneficial. Sinks are an entirely different topic.

This is not a "solution to the economy", and it never intended to be that. This is simply an addition that readds functionality vshop used to offer to the server whilst sticking to our current plan.

If you want me to listen to you, give suggestions that have not been tried and failed in the past. As of the moment, I have no intention of listening to you for all you seem to be doing is disliking a perfectly good suggestion without understanding - at all - the reasoning behind it.

Those fees seem better.

It will tell you the names of the stores you will be buying from when placing your order.
    This would include all ChestShop owners by default.

Chunk_E_Cheese and Cookies713 like this.
  20. BobJonCreeper

BobJonCreeper pie

So it's like a Virtual ChestShop.
    #VChestShop

Empoleon_master and Username like this.