1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

MeepCraft Relaunch 1.10

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Fuzzlr, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Fuzzlr

Fuzzlr Owner Staff Member Owner

slider.png

We are very happy to launch a new update that not only brings MeepCraft to 1.10, but also introduces some great new features to the game. I am very excited about the new changes and I hope you will be too.

A New World
    We released the new Towns Gamma world, which allows players to experience the Towns experience from the ground up. When you log into MeepCraft for the first time, you will notice that you will have a new Meebles balance and items.

If you play on the two original Towns servers, Alpha and Beta, don't worry. You can still access these worlds and play them. Items and Meebles are freely transferrable between both of these original worlds. We didn't take anything away from these worlds in order to preserve the experience for those who have invested time to building towns there.

A New Spawn
    One of the most exciting parts of the update is the release of our new spawn. The spawn was built from scratch by our Architectural Team, and it was modeled off of one of our original 2013 worlds. We have put a lot of time and effort into this spawn to ensure that it is not only aesthetically pleasing, but also convenient to navigate. By walking around this new world, you will be surprised by the unique character and colorful tones of this distinct building style that we have curated over the course of over 4 years.

The spawn would not be possible without the help of @andrewrobins, @Draqq, @DeerlandingXD, @kdocherty7 and @NicholasMeap, as well as the rest of the administrators and staff team who generously spent their time making sure that the finished product met our standards.

Learn more about the new spawn here:
    New Spawn Tour - 1.10 Update

Meep Quests
    The 1.10 update was a great opportunity to reveal one of our new projects, Meep Quests. When you log into the game, you will be greeted by the Quest Master, who guides you through your first quest. We are very excited to continue experimenting with this new feature, and expanding its potential through the addition of more quests.

This is only the tip of the iceberg of new features and improvements that have come to fruition by the virtue of this new update. These new features give us an exciting glimpse into the expanding potential of MeepCraft. We will use the 1.10 update as a platform to experiment, imagine, and facilitate a new direction for the server.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    FunGUY, jrs25872, MrTonycat and 24 others like this.
  2. Forest

Forest Popular Meeper

I like the new spawn a lot because it resembles the 2013 spawn quite a bit but, I am not the biggest fan of the new economy.

(#First)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  3. Niiicck

Niiicck Retired SuperMod

Awesome! So happy!

fasehed, ~Peper~, Courtneyyy and 5 others like this.
  4. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

Do you like pineapple on pizza?

Photoave12, Splendy, ~Peper~ and 2 others like this.
  5. Wiggle_Waggle

Wiggle_Waggle Popular Meeper

Thanks Fuzzlr and Staff team for working so hard on this new spawn/update!

6. KaiUsesThis

KaiUsesThis Celebrity Meeper

Looks amazing! Can't wait to try these once I get better!

7. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

The only thing I like is the quest master. Besides that this was a terrible update. Would have been nice if we could be able to voice our opinions on these big updates before it happened :/

8. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

Excited for this update!

9. wh00p8

wh00p8 Well-Known Meeper

Im a big fan of the new towny world, but I and many other players are quite disappointed to see alpha and beta die out as there is no new resources coming into each of the worlds from the wild. I would like to suggest that there is a alpha-beta exclusive wild made, as well as a gamma exclusive wild made. This way we can still all enjoy playing towny in the untamed gamma world, as well as being able to return to the towns we have invested countless hours on in alpha and beta and enjoy them to the fullest. To address a possible problem, if attracting players to gamma is a concern with a fully functioning alpha-beta, I would suggest that it be made that all meebles made from non-towny activities (minigames, events, etc..) would have to go to that player's gamma balance. I am thrilled about the new spawn and towny world, but I would feel it is best for meep to keep alpha and beta alive so that the players who have been contributing a significant portion of their lives to this server would not watch their efforts go down the drain. I hope that the staff will all be able to come up with the best compromise that satisfies all of the players desires on what this server should be, as well as the best decision on what will grow the server the best.

10. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

Ahhh it was worth the wait! So much to explore! Love it! Thanks so much guys!

11. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Not going to voice an opinion for or against it all yet, as I haven't logged in yet, and cannot do so until tomorrow.

But, let me ask, what's the difference between Gamma and A/B? Is it basically just a reset without deleting the old stuff? If there are differences, what features does Gamma offer that A/B cannot?

I am very happy Spawn and Skywars were released, and can't wait to log on tomorrow!

12. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

I get that meep basicly tried to reset, but this alpha/beta vs gamma thing is so confusing and dumb. I can't expect any new player to understand it. I find the spawn to be really squished. Also the new shop is a huge pain. As someone who is constantly positive and had high hopes for meep, this is very upsetting.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 21, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 21, 2016 ---
    Skywars wasn't released

13. Niiicck

Niiicck Retired SuperMod

Will be soon ;)

14. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Welp . . .

15. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Gamma is going to be as custom as we can make it, new features and the like (now would be a great time for one of your lengthy suggestions post ;) )
    skywars isnt done, but will be soon. And yeah, its a new eco, to make things more exciting.

16. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

LOL the quest. Bernie the Sailor, Captain Hillary, who wants to give you a small loan of a million Meebles... nice one, really.

17. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

o my god this is defiantly gonna increase our player count

Photoave12 and GroovyGrevous like this.
  18. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

It will, every ounce of money you make that has nothing to do with alpha or beta will go to your new balance. :)

GroovyGrevous likes this.
  19. fasehed

fasehed Celebrity Meeper

Wow that looks AMAZING and that towns gamma sounds great. Wish I could be there ;)

20. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

Eh.

Jkjk! Awesome spawn, awesome new plugins, awesome everything. I honestly didn't think this would happen and I am very impressed with the staff team that it did. I hope to see more to come, especially with Gamma. Keep up the good work you guys! :)