1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Meep Skywars: Why I don't like it

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Peero, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

This isn't a hate thread, more like a suggestion thread on some things I think they can improve upon. I, and many other people who play skywars often, have all thought the same thing. I know it's still in development, but we don't know whats being added so mine as well suggest some stuff.

1. Remove Kits or Change them - Edit: Kits have been changed a lot, were added and removed. I haven't tried all of the kits yet, so I cannot give an opinion.

2. The Maps - I love how the maps look and I know the archs put a lot of effort into them, but they just aren't skywars maps. The islands are to spread apart, and are also very hard to navigate (a lot having details in the way such as water or holes). I think that a good builder who also plays skywars should build the maps, as they would make the maps look good while also making sure they are fit for skywars. There is also a lot of obsidian (which is unmineable for most players). The maps are very big with the middle being VERY far from the player, so they should be shrunk down a lot. I personally really like the design and ideas of the maps, but they are more looks than actual gameplay, in my opinion.

3. The Loot - The loot is VERY bad loot, and I mean VERY. Sometimes I spawn with no sword in my chests, which is pretty much a death sentence. I also get a lot of duplicate loot. Things that I think should be removed are: The duplicate loot, the cakes, raw food and leather/gold armor. The leather and gold because some people can spawn with diamond and iron and just destroy others. Things that I think should be added: more food, player trackers and xp bottles (once lapis is added for enchanting).

4. The Bugs - This is literally just a list of bugs I've found and others found while playing in case staff don't know any of them.
    • Remove clearlag. It's skywars so loot should never despawn.
    • Remove the water at the bottom, just leave void like every other skywars.
    • If you update the water with a block, it falls down into the void.
    • The rates for lava and water buckets are pretty low, and should be upped.
    • A lot of the kits in /sw kit aren't capitalized smh. (Fixed)
    • There is no lapis on the map to enchant with.
    • Player collision really shouldn't be on. (it is on sometimes, other times not, It's weird)
    5. Remove 1.9 PVP - I really hope this is already planned. It's no question on whether the majority of the server prefer 1.8 or 1.9 pvp. Most of us want 1.8 pvp.

That's it for now. And once again, this isn't a hate thread, just a thread I wanted to make to point out some things that could be improved upon. Thanks to @ajlpikachu for helping me test and write this.

And yes I know that skywars is being worked on, but since we don't know what going to be added, this is just a list of some things that I think should be added. And for the 3rd time, I mean no hate by this thread, and just want to help make Meep Skywars enjoyable for all.

And if you have any suggestions or feedback, let me know and I'll edit the post! Thanks!

Also big thanks to all the people who liked and gave feedback (including Fuzzlr :O) This thread blew up overnight haha.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    Lady_Hestia, cooey, 2leah2 and 10 others like this.
  2. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

add in stacks of 8, 16, and 32 wood/cobble, its a nightmare when u get no epearls and have to mine ur base.

3. Acceleradiance

Acceleradiance Celebrity Meeper

Why is it expected that all of these items should be found in chests? In some of the first games of skywars I've played, gameplay depended a lot on collecting resources and crafting at your island, which I thought was more fun. Because of this, I believe that things like more ores, animals, and cobwebs should be added to islands to use. Gear doesn't make a difference, I have killed plenty of people with diamond gear with only low-tier gear such as wood or leather, as long as you can attack wisely. Additionally, is it really a big pain to mine 8 blocks of wood or 32 blocks of wool?

I really don't get why people hate 1.9 PvP; I like it a lot better than 1.8. I believe that the main reason why people want this removed is so they can start spam-clicking again and win easily. In skywars, I think it would be more fun to time your attacks and such, so that I would not have a random person with a powerful weapon to run behind me and hit me several times to die instantly with no time to fight back.

metr0n0me likes this.
  4. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

Chests and most kits were fixed by fuzzlr today !

me64 and Peero like this.
  5. nath.banana

nath.banana Popular Meeper

+1 except for 5 :D

Peero and Dockson like this.
  6. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

Small complaint, but enderpearls spawning 4 at a time is absolutely nuts, especially on starter islands. Another complaint, pretty important one, you can hurt your own teammates. And earlier I spawned on an island that wasn't even a regular starter island
    [​IMG]

Toostenheimer, Peero, cooey and 4 others like this.
  7. BlackJack

BlackJack Celebrity Meeper

You can't (and shouldn't) modify the game in such a way on a Vanilla server. If you want 1.8 pvp, you gotta mod the game, and this being a Vanilla server, that isn't going to happen.

Was told otherwise. Still don't agree with changing PvP, however.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Peero likes this.
  8. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Look up the "old PvP" plugin, you can do it for vanilla players.

Toostenheimer, Peero and metr0n0me like this.
  9. BlackJack

Peero, Dockson and CluelessKlutz like this.
  10. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Yes, it's already been made by someone else. All we'd have to do is download and apply it. Boom, back to 1.8 PvP.

Lady_Hestia, Peero, metr0n0me and 2 others like this.
  11. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

See, this is how you complain about things in order to be heard. I like you. Good job.

Aside from that, I know this is being looked at and stuff. If you have anything specific about kits rn that would be cool.

And yeah 1.9 pvp removal is a plan, not sure about serverwide but for stuff like this yes

12. nath.banana

nath.banana Popular Meeper

can we submit kits <3

Peero likes this.
  13. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

And that's why we should keep 1.9 PvP?

If people don't like change, then we should definately use the original system.

14. fasehed

fasehed Celebrity Meeper

First off when I hear this I get t-t-triggerrdd so I will sound angry.

But listen pal it's not called spam clicking. You know how long it takes in practicing to find the perfect jitter or butterfly click. Its a pain and takes tons of skill. On top of that you also need to focus on hot keying and strafing. It took me over 3 months to get a jitter of 12.7 cps and I needed to pvp everyday to not fall out of practice.

I doubt you can butterfly or jitter. Try to aim and jitter you can't, at least right away. People just get angry and call it spam clicking but its a skill thats hard to learn. And any good 1.8 or 1.7 pvper will easily agree with me.

15. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

I mean there is no guarantee of anything being implemented, but the suggestions forums is there for a reason, there is no reason why you can't post a thread or comment with kits for skywars.

Pmx728, Peero and CluelessKlutz like this.
  16. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

I say we ditch the leather and gold armour in place of diamond and iron, that way kits won't focus on armour or weapons and be more unique. I think most people would like op items for SkyWars. What do I know, though? I'm just a guy that complains about pineapple on pizza.

Peero likes this.
  17. BlackJack

People don't like change, it's inevitable. We add 1.8 PvP, those who like 1.9 flip out. Keep 1.9 PvP, people who like 1.8 flip out.

People were unhappy when terrain generation was changed, when hunger was added, food was changed, and regeneration added. That was all the way back in Beta 1.8, almost 5 years ago. Look at where we are now.

Dockson likes this.
  18. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Here's the difference: the majority of this server dislikes 1.9 PvP, myself included. Very few of those against 1.9 PvP actually fight seriously.

Anyone can talk about it requiring more "strategy," but the only difference is the delay on attacks. As if setting a delay on clicking a mouse makes the system so much more advanced, but annoys most serious PvPers.

Peero likes this.
  19. BlackJack

At this point, it's up to the higher ups to decide what to do. Appease the majority of the playerbase and add another plugin, or stick with 1.10 and have one less plugin to worry about?

I'm rather indifferent on the PvP issue, more or less playing Devil's Advocate at this point. I'm okay either way.

20. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

I dislike the kits on skywars.

Peero likes this.