1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Meep Referrals

Discussion in 'Denied' started by diamondkid123456, Aug 18, 2018.

?

Like the idea?

1. Yes. YES.

2. Yes, But it needs work

3. No, I have a similar idea and its listed below

4. Yes, the names idea

5. Yes, the code idea

6. Nope

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. diamondkid123456

diamondkid123456 Popular Meeper

Idea: To introduce a referral system to meep.

Why: To encourage players to invite their friends and share the word of meep.

Positive consequences for the server: A higher player count due to enticement.

How will it work? I have a variety of different systems that we can incorporate. These are shown below.

Code Generation

1. A player who has been registered on meep for at least <numberof> months does the /referral command.

2. They will be given a "code" that expires in 24 hours. They can only share 2 codes a week.

3. The new player will receive this code prior to joining meep.

4. The New player will do /referral claim <code>.

5. After being registered for a week, the new player and the referee(old player) will be given 7k. After a month both will receive 15k. And if it so happens that the new player is really active, after a year of activity both parties will receive 50k.

Names

1. Player A(the referee) does /ref add <IGN>. This IGN will be the name of the new person who they invited to join.

note: Player A will be able to do /ref add <IGN> once a week. The /ref add will expire after 48hours.

2. Player B(The new meeper) will get a message once he/she/it joins the server. The message will read "You have been referred, do /accept to claim your reward).

3. Once Player B does /accept, both Player A and Player B will receive a 2k prize. Player A will not be able to refer anyone else for a week.

4. If Player B accumulates (Certain amount of game time), both players will receive a reward.

I.e. 10 hours of total gameplay=10k , 48 hours of total gameplay= 20k. The prize will be kept at a maximum of 20k.

How do we prevent abuse?

I have devised a variety of ways to avoid people abusing this system.

•1. You can add a new person, that invite will last 48hours. If they do not join meep within 48hours, you may invite someone else once the 48hour period has elapsed. If someone /accepts your /referral, you cannot refer a new player for a week.

•2. Disallow an individual to /refer someone with the same I.P.

•3. Introduce a cap on the maximum a person can earn per referral. I.e. 25k if the new player accumulates a total of ( x hours or such).

•4. You will earn a small amount from the original /accept of a referral. You will need to wait a week to do it again. This will prevent spam. To make this system appealing, if the other player is active on meep, you will receive greater rewards(i.e. a max reward of 25k if the player plays a total of 40hours for example).

•5. We could prevent people from referring anyone else for a year if 20 people did /accept their reference request for example?

•6. Current players on meep cannot refer each other. You can only refer a player that hasn't registered on meep for 3years or ever.

•7. The "total number of hours" system does not include time spent AFK.

These are just some ideas, but I think a referral system would be beneficial to meep. It would be like voting but would benefit server numbers further.

Lets try the "Names" Example

CasualNuker has convinced a friend to play meep. He does /ref add Bobius77 to reference his friend.

2. When Bobius77 joins MeepCraft, he will receive a message telling him that CasualNuker referenced him. If he does /accept, both him and casualnuker will receive 1-4k.

When this occurs, CasualNuker cannot refer another person for 7days.

3. Bobius77 plays meepcraft a lot. He plays a total of 40 hours. This is a big milestone. CasualNuker and Bobius77 both receive 30-50k after this milestone.

How can we check this system? Commands?

/reference List

Shows a list of your references. This will show your current reference and any previous references.

/reference add <ign>

This will add a reference. This IGN must not be registered with meep(or may not have been on meep for X number of years). If this IGN does not join or does not do /accept, there will be no reward.

/refaccept or /accept

Accepts a reference.

/Reference History

Shows a history of referrals.

List of placeholder commands(not sure what to do with these ideas):

/reference cancel <ign>

/reference history

If you have any further ideas, leave them below. Again, this is a rough draft.

2. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

This seems very complicated to just be an easy way to generate free money. There's enough of that introduced with voting. And staff have enough things to work on.

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  3. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

Lol I’m an example

SuperDyl likes this.
  4. OneBreadSlice

OneBreadSlice Celebrity Meeper

People would probably just use alts to abuse this and it seems to add work for moderation staff to enforce any abuse. Not saying this is a bad idea, but probably not the best way to implement.

SuperDyl likes this.
  5. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Meep Referrals
    This was already denied previously and is far too complicated to try and work around. Solid in concept, impractical in reality. The work needed to make this happen would be greater than it would be to just make the server enjoyable enough to play on to recruit players naturally.

SuperDyl likes this.