1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Media Application from Minted Cinnamon

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Blazetop, May 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazetop

Blazetop Popular Meeper

Member Name Minted Cinnamon

Additional In Game Names: None

How old are you? 16

Do you have Discord? Yes

When did you join Meepcraft? May 6, 2018

Have you ever held a media position on another server? Yes

Introduction: Heya~ I'm Minted Cinnamon, or just Cinnamon. I'm a Senior High School Student, currently taking a strand related to STEM or Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. And during my Junior High School Days, I was one of the editors on our school, which means, I am one of the persons responsible for making banners for events such as sports events and competitions for the entire institution.

I enjoy playing video games, mostly Steam games such as CS:GO and Battlerite, League of Legends and osu!. I also watch anime and read manga in my spare time. And also, when I'm bored, I sometimes make art of any kind using either my trusty graphic tablet or simply a pen and paper.

TL; DR - I'm a gamer, weeb, tech-savvy, artist, uninteresting person.

Why should you be on our Media team? I should be a part of the Media Team because of these following factors:

Experiences - I'm currently a Graphics staff on a GTA:SA Roleplay Community, and have also been previously a part of a Media Team/Public Relations Team as well on an another GTA:SA Roleplay Community called OG-RP , so I know how the media works and what to do.

Consistency and Knowledge- I have been working on editing both graphic and video content for the past 4 years and counting so I'm pretty sure I can offer something to the table. I know how to use my editing softwares effectively (Adobe Photoshop & Sony Vegas 14) since I have been using them for a considerable amount of time.

Flexibility - I'm always eager to learn and explore new styles of editing and content creation, and always open to constructive criticism and feedback. With that in mind, I gurantee that I can work on any requested content of any kind for everyone to enjoy, as long as it's within my capabilities.

And most importantly, I really enjoy making graphic and video content, moreover, making them for great communities such as Meepcraft. I truly enjoy playing in Meepcraft, which inspires me to help this server grow by sharing the word and showing others how amazing this community is.

What is the main platform that players can go and publicly view your content on, and what is your typical content comprised of? Youtube and Social Medias
    Mostly showcases, trailer videos and graphic-related content.

Example 1 of video content:

Example 2 of video content. "Imgur - My album of some of my graphic-related content

agnd, SuperDyl, CrohnZero and 11 others like this.
  2. Sqreix

Sqreix Celebrity Meeper

I've known you for a long time both personally and virtually. You're a good guy and I know that you can meet the expectations and standards of being a Media in MeepCraft. Your first trailer and your graphics are definitely top-notch and on point! You have the skills and the assets of a Media representative. Attitude-wise, you're pretty chill and listens to instructions. This guy deserves a shot, +1.

Trust me, I know him better than everyone and he deserves this!

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    iKitten, Pmx728 and Blazetop like this.
  3. CasualMow

CasualMow Celebrity Meeper

Oh yes we need more anime watching people on here! +1 even tho I have not talked with you fully!
    Although I would like to see you have more posts on here and get to be better known in discord and in game first.

SuperDyl, iKitten, Sqreix and 2 others like this.
  4. Blazetop

Blazetop Popular Meeper

This is supposed to be a Media Application, but for some reason it shows as a helper application.. Weird.. Just a heads up
    --- Double Post Merged, May 24, 2018, Original Post Date: May 24, 2018 ---
    I'll do my best to indulge myself more within the community. Thanks for the input!

5. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

I like your content, and you’re very nice in-game.
    +1 from me!

6. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

+100
    Content above explains all

iKitten, Blazetop, Sqreix and 2 others like this.
  7. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

+1, you've got some amazing content

iKitten, Blazetop, agnd and 2 others like this.
  8. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

+1

You can even make mooville look pretty

iKitten, _Bethany, Blazetop and 2 others like this.
  9. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

+1

Blazetop and Sqreix like this.
  10. Zesk

Zesk Well-Known Meeper

this is a mega +1 your video was really good

iKitten, Blazetop, agnd and 1 other person like this.
  11. agnd

agnd is a steely-eyed missile man

+1!! As it comes to content, you seem extremely talented, and you seem like an all-around great guy, you'd make a great addition to the Media team.

iKitten, Blazetop and Sqreix like this.
  12. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

Pretty good stuff, editing was pretty okay, idk anything about your personality but you can't have a worse personality than our other medias.

Using a copyrighted song is probably not a great idea, especially a more popular one. Newgrounds has lots of high quality audio that's copyright free, or just youtube if you aren't capable of creating your own (or ask one of meep's resident music producers and we'll hook you up)

Tl;Dr fine editing, would use free-for-use songs. (Also be like a half-decent human)

+0.5

agnd and Sqreix like this.
  13. J055Y_

J055Y_ Celebrity Meeper

The Towny trailer you made is pretty awesome. As per usual, I have my criticisms, being the geek that I am, however there is no denying the superb quality of the product itself.

As for the app, I have no criticisms. The length is decent enough to supply a good quantity of information without being tiresome and the quality of writing is without fault. I did manage to locate a couple of minor grammar mistakes, although you are a STEM student, so I won't hold it against you. The content is clear cut and to the point, something I personally value in documented writing. You have structured each section of the app in such a way that there are no concurrent or repeated instances, which are usually found in many other applications.

I have had the pleasure of being previously acquainted with you on the server, and every interaction I can think of has been positive. You are polite, sincere, and a genuinely nice individual; traits that are hard to come by in my experience. While this may not be entirely relevant for this specific application, I feel I should note that the candidate is an exceptional builder, as demonstrated in the subject video content and my interactions with the candidate.

+ 1 (Good Luck)

You called, father?

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    agnd, Toostenheimer, iKitten and 4 others like this.
  14. Blazetop

Blazetop Popular Meeper

Thank you for your remarks. I'll be sure to keep that in mind next time!

Thank you for your honest insights. I appreciate it!

Also, thank you to all others that gave their support and kind comments!

15. A__NOOB

A__NOOB Meeper

After i watched your vid i went and watched a bunch of meepcraft trailers and urs is in the top, very good vid, very good dude +1

16. iPolarFlame

iPolarFlame Popular Meeper

Great content, it's obvious you put a lot of effort into it and the editing is superb. As for songs, Media's can only use non-copyrighted songs for our vids but you can post whatever onto your personal channel. Great app and great personality, would love to work with you on our media team! ;)

+1

17. Lt_Sponge

Lt_Sponge Popular Meeper

+1 I enjoyed the Video, also meepcraft is low on media players! You're very kind and polite ig, i think you deserve being a staff member on meepcraft!

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Blazetop, Pmx728 and Sqreix like this.
  18. cdhoff

cdhoff Well-Known Meeper

I mean, IDK. It does look pretty good, but it seems a little bit too “10-year-olds-Minecraft-Intro-y”, if you know what I mean. The amount of movement combined with the choice of music just gives off that sort of vibe. Would love to see what else you can do, though.

Also I’m seeing some people say the song is copyrighted, and I don’t know if that’s true (Not really into that genre), if it is, then meep could get in trouble for using it. Use something like NoCopyrightSounds on YouTube, they have pretty good royalty-free music.

Blazetop and Enron like this.
  19. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

That’s what we want since most of the playerbase are 10 year olds lol.

+1 to the app though, the video was nice and your application was good.

Blazetop likes this.
  20. Enron

Enron Celebrity Meeper

I think I'll be the first one here to do so but I'm going with a -1. No offense but that video has no substance, its just three and a half minutes of the camera panning over different locations. I could barely watch a minute of it before I got bored of it.
    And as for your images:
    -Drawing anime girls (especially ones with cat tails and underwear showing) isn't relevant to being a minecraft server media
    -The second pic is literally just the already existing Meepcraft logo that you put over a picture of spawn, anyone could do that
    -The "Republic of San Andreas" logo is just the seal of the state of California with text changed
    -The "Great Seal of the State of Liberty" logo is just the seal of the state of New York with text changed
    -The skull thing is actually kinda cool, I'll give you that
    -The forum signature you "made" brings up 44 reverse image search results so I'm pretty sure you didn't draw it
    e.PNG

cooey, Zesk, lanekids40 and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.