1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Media Application from jrs25872

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by jrs25872, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrs25872

jrs25872 Popular Meeper

Member Name jrs25872

Additional In Game Names: None

How old are you? 14

Do you have Discord? Yes

When did you join Meepcraft? February of 2015

Have you ever held a media position on another server? No

Introduction: Hello, my name is Josh but you all probably know me as jrs. I am a 14 year old high school student living in Nova Scotia, with a passion for anything production related, including video editing and live production. When I am not at school, working, or studying, I am either playing Minecraft, spending time with family, and of course, video editing.

Why should you be on our Media team? I have been pretty fortunate to have some great experiences with producing content thanks to school actually. My 3 years in middle school is probably where most of my experience came from. At that school, the anouncements were actually broadcasted on the local TV station and produced entirely by students, me being one of them. Most of the things I learned about live production came from that, and since there were days we actually had to edit videos to go live on the show, I actually learned a lot more about video editing as well. With that said, I still learned a lot about video editing on my own time, before this all started. Was I good? Not at all. But I learned, and I got better as time went on.

Thanks to that I also know a lot about quality and using my time efficiently. Yes, it does take me hours to do a single video (Each example I used took 2 hours or more) but if I use that time right, something good can come out of it

What is the main platform that players can go and publicly view your content on, and what is your typical content comprised of? I usually upload my videos to YouTube whenever I get the chance. Most of my videos are about 1-2 minutes long if they are the trailer kind of style I used for my two examples, which is what I mostly do.

Example 1 of video content:

Example 2 of video content.

2. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

I believe this should be under the title of Media Application, not helper app, unless its a bug.:p @CluelessKlutz @NinjaRoxy

3. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

+1

alex77034 and jrs25872 like this.
  4. Achrow

Achrow Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Architect

+1

jrs25872 likes this.
  5. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

jrs25872 likes this.
  6. jrs25872

jrs25872 Popular Meeper

7. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

its super easy to use and it makes mc videos look great! and it works with shaders!

8. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

+1!

Great videos!

9. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

first video:

quite laggy like low fps or something, or maybe youre speeding up and slowing down the video, idk. but its kinda weird. pretty good music choice and other stuff seems fine. i really like how you were kinda syncing the position changes with the music.

second video:

again its laggy, it might just be a computer problem. nice music again, and really nicely synced the jumps with the music. i feel like the black bars on the top and bottom are a bit big. at 0:17 this is a pretty bad camera angle for showing off builds. and again 0:20 you can only really see the top half of the house. the ending was good with the spawn and the logo

i won't say anything about the application but, from these videos i think you're pretty good at this and will get even better over time.

+1

edit: like someone else said above, absolutely use the replay mod to make really nice camera angles and movements.

iKitten, qazini and lanekids40 like this.
  10. Trexy

Trexy Celebrity Meeper

+1, I think you'd be a good addition for the staff team!

11. jrs25872

jrs25872 Popular Meeper

Yeah, only realized what was causing the lag after the fact.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Bloopers likes this.
  12. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

I like your videos.

13. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

I enjoyed watching the videos, nice work. We are looking for some active media team members who can both come up with some ideas and be given some ideas and run with them. Some ideas would be tutorial videos for the different aspects of the server, towny, mini games, wild, etc. & general videos like above to use on the social media and digital parts of the server like fb, youtube etc.

We are not looking for one video a month or one a quarter. We definitely feel with a solid, consistent media presence we can move in a more productive direction.

These are not exactly what we need but just some general ideas.

Video Tutorial Ideas:

1. How to start a town
    2. Basic Towny Commands
    3. How to play our mini games
    4. How to use creative commands
    5. setting homes
    6. how to use the different chats (/g, /tr, /msg, /l, etc)
    7. How to use shop commands

These are just thoughts, I know we have tutorial but these can be very helpful when new players have questions. Sometime seeing is better than reading.

Does this stuff sound like something you can do or be interested in doing?

iKitten, jrs25872 and onceuponajano like this.
  14. jrs25872

jrs25872 Popular Meeper

That is something I would be interested in doing and can do.

15. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

Absolutely love your videos so far, I think you could really do this, I'd love to see you on the Media team! +1 and Goodluck!

16. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

I’m into potatoes

+1

17. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

Accepted!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.