1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Media Application from CasualNuker

Discussion in 'Denied' started by CasualNuker, Dec 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

Member Name CasualNuker

Additional In Game Names: CasualNuker

How old are you? 15

Do you have Discord? Yes

When did you join Meepcraft? Dec 19, 2014

Have you ever held a media position on another server? Ive designed for a few servers though not as a staff member.

Introduction: Hello, I'm sure you all know who I am. But to those of you don't know me I'm CasualNuker. You can call me Cas Nuker or just Casual I don't mind any of those. So Ill be talking a little bit about me to those of you that haven't read my previous application's or to you people who want to read my life story again. Ok so, I was born on September 3, 2003 in Michigan. We lived in Michigan for around 3 years until my Dad got transferred to Texas for his job. We have lived in Texas since 2006. Essentially I have been raised in this huge state but I still tell people I'm a Yankee and not a Texan. I've been going to a private school since 2010 in a smaller town in the Eastern part of Texas. I'm currently in some interesting classes such as Health & Fitness and learning to speak another language in Spanish I. I'll move on from my Academics to my maturity level. So a few months ago when I applied for Helper I will admit that I acted very foolish in my reply's to several peoples comments. I'm trying my best to get rid of my immature side and I've believe in recent weeks I have greatly improved. I'll address this issue that I'm sure will come up in the comments for this application. About a week ago I got super angry that I decided to quit and I gave away everything of mine. Toby eventually convinced me to stay on meepcraft after some talks and telling me people wanted me here. So I decided to stay and I would like to let everyone know that I won't up and leave if I'm accepted to be a Media.

Why should you be on our Media team? Well here we are at the why section. So when I was banned in 2017 I started to work on Graphic design. I've been working around a year on different things and I feel I have mastered the programs I use along with being able to create awesome slideshows as I presented in my Meepcraft 2018 Yearbook. You may be wondering why should you trust me to represent the staff team or meepcraft to potential players? Well first, we have many great things to offer to potential players. Such as unique towny, friendly community and custom minigames.I could create highly detailed images of those aspects of the server to draw in potential players. We have a twitter account with over 300 followers if we post regular updates and more about meepcraft it could draw those older players back in. I realize that I may have gone off my application a bit there but what I'm stating is that a Graphic Designer like me can boost multiple areas in the Media team. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe we have no Graphic Designer for creating cool icons for advertisements or creating a new logo. I'll head back into my application now that I believe I've made my point clear that a graphic designer can boost the server player base. As you see in my Christmas photo I put in my application its the meepcraft logo below the tree and the Merry Christmas sign. The 2nd photo is my personal favorite of all 4 major spawns we have ever had during our 6 years of being a server. Each photo of mine I take a few days to decide the location and ideas then I go take the image and then edit it to be fitting for the role it will play in my design. I really hope you enjoy my work I have put into making these designs and writing this application. Thank you for reading and have a Merry Christmas!

What is the main platform that players can go and publicly view your content on, and what is your typical content comprised of? I work using many different programs to create images for servers or other things I enjoy. Some of my work is below that was created over a few hours of hard labor and planning of the images.

Example 1 of content: https://imgur.com/r1IM75V

Example 2 of content: https://imgur.com/R8J5Iyf

zsuzsu and Vexmae like this.
  2. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

I don't particularly see any variety with you and every Media wanting person throughout the server - and possibly other servers, I don't think there is anything that stands out that I would like to see advertising and making a statement about our server, with the images you have provided it practically looks like on the first one you've just plopped a Meepcraft logo on the front of a bad quality spawn picture, and the second one looks like a powerpoint template that you've just inserted a few pictures and text.

I'd like to see something unique that represents how you express your creativity, put some thought into it and make it reflect on how imaginative and willing you are to express the servers uniqueness, you're on the right road, but I would suggest to have a play around and experiment with different styles and find which one you can do the best and make it unique to you.
    -1 for now, Goodluck!

3. Viperfan

Viperfan Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Game Designer

yeah what she said -1

Klitch, CaliWahine, Marshy_88 and 2 others like this.
  4. Meznik

Meznik Celebrity Meeper

-1, I think we all know that I do not have to explain why

CaliWahine, Marshy_88 and Vexmae like this.
  5. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

From my point of view, your graphic designs look great. But they also look... basic. They don't give that "style" of Meepcraft. I have nothing against your designs, but overall, they look very basic and bland. They don't show much of color, and they aren't that interesting to look at.

-1, for now.

Meznik and CaliWahine like this.
  6. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

well nuker is a very devoted person to this server obviously and he has been trying at staff for at least a year now i would imagine...

and currently, i don't believe there any active media. so, whether or not nuker is great at graphic design or whatnot shouldn't matter because when i was media i was still learning as well (and heck i still am not as good as some of the other media that have been on this server before)

also, i'm not sure if maturity is THAT big of a deal for a media position... i'm kind of embarrassed how many dumb things i sent into the staff chat when i was a 14 year old.. there was this one time i sent a really bad (offensive) meme cuz hehe edgy 14 year old but still it was just a "hey dont send that stuff here" but anyways, done with that tangent...

nuker is definitely loyal to meepcraft and keeps trying at it, so why not give the guy a chance? what's the worst that can happen anyways, media is basically just a tag + staff chat access

so... +1 for once. nuker has definitely improved over time and i can see that he may improve further. this is definitely a different approach compared to my previous responses to nuker applications though

CaliWahine likes this.
  7. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

This honestly hurts

So Im putting everything aside. Your maturity, your posts, history, all of it. Out the window.

Youre saying you wont quit if youre accepted.

Why would staff want to accept a player that doesn't care enough to stay on their own accord?

Its just kind of moronic. Think before you post.

8. CaliWahine

CaliWahine Active Meeper

I tried reading this application post with the intent to simply focus on the application and not let "server drama" influence my outlook on it, but that alone was very hard.
    When you posted the original photos in the "2018 Yearbook" post or whatever you called it, I thought they were cutsie and fun, but I would never use that as a platform for a Media application. I've had many friends in the Graphic Design field, and understand what someone who is just being extracurricular with it is capable of creating, and this is nowhere on that level. It's not my expectation that you provide some spectacular photos, but something that looked more than using the Print Screen button is what I would think qualify for a position on the Media team.

It's great that you've been working on your maturity since your prior applications, but you also have a wide variety of applications from what I've seen. First you applied for Architect back in 2017, then for Helper less than 3 months ago, now you're applying for Media. I went through these applications to try to see how much you've grown/matured as a person, but they all seem VERY similar. Almost the entire "Intro" portion with the exception of the last few sentences is a rewording of the exact same information; this, to me doesn't show much forethought in your applications.

Furthermore, the main issues I have with the application itself is how the information you provided was relevant to the application and position of Media itself. I don't understand how bringing up the fact that Toby convinced you to stay on Meep was relevant to the positives that you would bring to the staff team if you were given this opportunity. Additionally, I was there when that incident occurred, and it was more than just Toby telling you to stay, but it seemed like you were fishing for compliments and adoration instead of actually trying to solve the problem with how things were being run in your town. If that is how you react or respond to critical situations and pressure, then I'm not sure that a staff position in any capacity is the right calling for you and your personality.

Toostenheimer, Meznik and riri30 like this.
  9. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

Hi there, Nuker.

First off, if I’m being completely honest with you, I don’t think the content you provided meets the media standard just yet, and with our current media team size, we can only allow ourselves to accept the very best. This doesn’t mean you won’t ever get there, but I think that you should practice your craft a little longer and perhaps learn how to edit before chosing to reapply.

Second, perhaps more importantly, is my impression that you suddenly chose to opt for a media application, after your numerous helper applications were denied, which leads me to believe this is just a desperate attempt to get into the staff team by any means possible, though I might very well be wrong here.

I think you’re a good kid full of good intentions to provide help to the server by anyway you can, though I still think you have some work to do both practically and on yourself. As previously pointed out, the attitude you demonstrated while upset was not adequate, and was certainly not what we want staff members to do.

For all these reasons, I’m currently a -1.

Best of luck!

Meznik likes this.
  10. CasualNuker

@riri30 I respect your opinion. But isn’t the point of joining the Media team to learn from others and get better? Correct me if I am wrong but that is what I believe many players and staff alike have said over the years I’ve been on meepcraft.

11. Meznik

Meznik Celebrity Meeper

Aaaaaandddd this is exactly what you weren't supposed to do, yet you went on ahead and dd it!

CaliWahine likes this.
  12. Muunkee

To be fair, there are three medias,
    One hasnt been active since sept
    One hasnt been active since august...
    And one has only created 3 posts since september
    Yeah some dedicated team

SX1, riri30, Meznik and 2 others like this.
  13. Bloopers

this is why i'm thinking nuker deserves AT LEAST a chance - his examples shown remind me of some of my work in the very beginning and he's obviously very determined to get some sort of staff role on the server. maturity aside (since it doesn't matter for a media imo) i think nuker can learn as he goes and do just fine. if a certain video or image needs to be done and he can fulfill the needs of the staff team then why not. he doesn't even need access to staff chat, just media chat if everyone is so worried about his maturity. even though this is a way different sort of response than what i've said before but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i'd like to see how it would go if nuker actually did get accepted.

CasualNuker likes this.
  14. CasualNuker

That’s actually true? I didn’t know it was that bad...

15. Muunkee

Buddy you really need to stop replying to things on your app

Marshy_88 and Meznik like this.
  16. CasualNuker

In all truth I’m just asking questions, getting feedback and replying to things I didn’t know

17. Meznik

Meznik Celebrity Meeper

Ask in dms on the server, maybe start a conversation on the forums, just don't post on your application. It makes you looks unprofessional

18. Bloopers

professionalism shouldnt matter to meepcraft cuz its not really a big corporation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

alex77034 and CasualNuker like this.
  19. CasualNuker

I respect your opinions but under circumstances for applying for staff. I believe that if you have had nothing major in the last month to two years then the introduction section will always stay the same as it has done with my applications. And yes I do reword them every time to fit the new application or add a few difffrent things. I never copy and paste my introduction of why section of my applications.

20. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

There's nothing wrong with posting on your application so long as you don't cause an argument or kick yourself down for the sake of being pitied on,
    I understand what you're trying to say but it doesn't hurt to let us know what you're doing outside of Meep, any projects that you're currently doing in game, the introduction section isn't really meant to be strict, it's just so people who haven't heard much about you can learn a little more about you and the things you do outside of the server, basically learn who you are as a person if they haven't had the opportunity to strike up a conversation with you in game.

I can see you're trying hard, and I respect your loyalty to keep up these applications, but it seems that you don't update some things and you just rearrange words, people need to know exacts to have a vote for you, and I still haven't seen improvement on your application considering others on other applications have told you some things to do, respect the opinions and find your own little 'twist' to incorporate that opinion into a Nuker styled application.

Changed my vote to a -/+ because I can see how hard you're trying and the dedication you have shown for this position

CaliWahine and Bloopers like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.