1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Marijuana Legalize?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by WeAreNumberUno, Dec 6, 2016.

?

Legalize marijuana

1. Smoke the dank tree?

39 vote(s)
    67.2%
  2. Don't smoke the dank tree?

19 vote(s)
    32.8%
  1. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

Eyo

As far as I can tell theres no thread explicitly about this. So, Legalize marijuana for recreational use?
    discuss?
    (bet the only post on this thread is a vape meme)

2. x_bigheart_x

x_bigheart_x Celebrity Meeper

it's gonna be legal in california on january 1st
    i have a friend that smokes weed, but i personally have absolutely no interest in it.

3. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

There's almost no reason not to, other than government profiting over catching people with weed in their hands and charging them a few hundred in fines
    It's not really harmful. Cigarettes are a million times as harmful. Alcohol is much more harmful.
    You shouldn't drive drunk, so don't drive high. a DWI would still be in effect if pulled over.
    Let the people do what they want lol, if you're gonna allow more harmful stuff why not allow the less?

4. _Smarties910_

_Smarties910_ Popular Meeper

legalize the devil's burrito

5. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Because marijuana is the gateway to consuming other illegal drugs with devastating effects, such as heroine. It's been proven that a large portion of people who are addicted to other illegal drugs started with marijuana. Marijuana can also cause family and/or friendship problems. I know that cigarettes and alcohol also do this, but with the legalization of marijuana, there could be more general social problems.

I know that legalization can bring in revenue, but just because there are worse things out there does not mean we should be legalizing less harmful things for revenue.

I'm slightly leaned towards -1

SuperDyl and Deljikho like this.
  6. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

Legalise all drugs, end the unneeded drug war

whoisnate likes this.
  7. WeAreNumberUno

Inb4tacobellhireshim
    If the only people you can buy weed from are also pushing heroin, meth, and other drugs, if you could buy marijuana legally you wouldn't be exposed to people selling harsher drugs.

IFartOnChilren, Kazarkas and Muunkee like this.
  8. Muunkee

Even so, its that person's fault. I take painkillers often due to stomach pains, if I wasnt smart about it and listened to the label on the bottle, that can lead to an addiction which could lead to other drugs.
    Theres nothing wrong with a curiousity or trying harder drugs, as long as youre not dumb about it.

That and dwarf makes another good point - harder drugs, especially pure drugs, can be hard to get and there can be so much risk with that [I once heard of a guy selling meth crushed with glass mixed in. Eugh.] you make something like this legal and easy, I think people wont be as led to try other things, because that leading is mostly from that person's drug dealer.

We eliminate illegal dealers, we lessen the problem for sure.

9. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

We can't stop illegal dealers, that's why people want to legalize them. Anyway, marijuana legalization will encourage more people to try the drug which would potentially lead to more deaths from unpure drugs.

Legalization won't stop drug dealers to encourage people to try other drugs. Legal or not, they'll be making profit anyway, so as long as drug dealers exist, the problem will most likely not be solved

SuperDyl likes this.
  10. WeAreNumberUno

People who want weed won't be exposed to drug dealers trying to sell other stuff, how will drug dealers then use weed as a "gateway drug"

11. Muunkee

#naturalselection

You aren't getting the drug from a dealer, if it's legal. Dealers pull you in.
    ''Hey you wanna try this stuff? Very cheap, just for you, one time only!''
    A weed shop is never gonna do that. You make it legal, less people go to dealers, less people don't get offered cheap heroin for the first time and sucked in after that.

Erebus45 and WeAreNumberUno like this.
  12. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Legalization increases tax revenue
    Legalization moves the money away from the cartels into banks

I've always voted for any legalization attempt in my state, as now we're a medicinal state. My city has also passed decriminalization so even if you do get caught, it's a $25 ticket. It's really no longer a question, legalization is coming because the tax revenue is too much to ignore for much longer.

Edit: I've known A LOT of dealers, I've frequented a LOT of dealers and I've never once seen any of them push a drug on someone else. They asked "What do ya want?", you tell them and complete the order.

whoisnate and Pmx728 like this.
  13. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

+1. It'll lessen up job competition in a few years and the illegal immigrants can take over the jobs left by stoners.

and maybe the liberals won't show up to vote

14. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Sad stereotype. I know stoners who could think circles around you and work harder than you any hour of the week. :)

00000, DancingCactus, Klitch and 3 others like this.
  15. builderjunkie012

I know stoners who've quit their jobs to become professional bums, and now work at home producing vape circles.
    Quite funny how anecdotal evidence works

SuperDyl likes this.
  16. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Ah, perhaps that means some people are just smart and/or highly motivated, and others are dumb and lazy.

17. builderjunkie012

Or that neurologists are right when they say that the brain kills off dopamine receptors to compensate for random, extreme stimulation.

18. TheAngelEclipse

TheAngelEclipse Popular Meeper

*Ahem* It's the "Devil's Lettuce". Get it right. ;)

Pmx728 likes this.
  19. WeAreNumberUno

No thats kale.

SuperDyl, Erebus45, Muunkee and 2 others like this.
  20. _Smarties910_

_Smarties910_ Popular Meeper

that is the point, my bud

Lilstokes likes this.