1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Make Voting worth it to Skyblock players

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Summers, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

Lets make it so you have the ability to trade in 4 Vote keys in towny for a Skyblock Crate key? Or something along those lines.
    This would give the Skyblock players more of a reason to vote and would also help take away how overpowered they are in towny at the moment.
    Please leave flaws in the comments below.

Courtneyyy, Lilliya and iMelXP like this.
  2. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

Its not a bad idea really. I know with a few other servers I play on, voting on sky block (we'll use sky block spawn for it) would give you sky block keys to use on like a vote crate specifically made for sky block. But if you voted for towny (/warp spawn for this situation), you'd get vote keys just for towny stuff. It'd be really helpful, but don't know how difficult it'd be. Plus, it'd bring up a new vote crate specifically for sky block, and would potentially remove the use of the creeper that currently provides keys. Additionally, the chances of getting like a spawner from the current lucky crate is really low and basically impossible. At least from how many keys I've used, it took at the minimum around 40 keys for me to get it. Now, thats just luck, by chance. I'm a +1 for this.

3. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

its really just some in game commands and then some config editing. so around 20-30 minutes to do this if the rewards arent already made.

4. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

Someone made a list of other voting sites... perhaps add one more to the towny spawn and the other 5 to skyblock spawn? This way it doesn't destroy the eco and voting in just towny won't take 8 years. @CluelessKlutz what do you think about that

SpongeyStar likes this.
  5. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Speaking from a non-developer perspective, I'm not 100% certain. However, I have seen other servers use a number of vote sites, and you merely received rewards based on which world you were currently in.

The main idea is something I would personally like to add, but we'd have to see the developmental cost of implementing it before accepting or denying it.

6. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

Lower the rarity (which needs to happen as well in towny) and have decent prizes. This makes the system much more exciting for the player when they get a key instead of "here's my 4 keys, hope I don't get too many disguise notes" maybe a chance of around 3 or 4% (meaning you should get 1 key per week if there were 5 sites) I'm not going to explain to you why more sites is a good idea, you're not an idiot and I'm sure you know full-well we need advertising, but just in case, the long and short of it is more sites means (hopefully) more players.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  7. Flamedemond2

Flamedemond2 Highly flammable

Accepted!