1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Make enchanting/using anvil cost more xp

Discussion in 'Denied' started by MrDireball, Mar 10, 2018.

Tags:
?

Should it be made harder to enchant things?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MrDireball

MrDireball Well-Known Meeper

People of Meepcraft, we are having crisis. The crisis is that exp bottles and enchanted things have dropped so far in value that it is basically not worth it anymore to peruse any form of making money in that field. But alas, there is an easy fix to this. We simply must make enchanting things more costly. Let's say that a god fortune pick is only worth 2k, that seems a little weird and frankly makes very little sense. But assuming that it takes 300 xp to enchant something, if we multiply this by 5 times so that it takes 1500 xp to enchant something, that fortune god pick should be worth at least 8k, which makes much more sense and is about how much something like that would sell for in the past. This is also assuming that voting is going to be heavily nerfed so that the supply of enchanted items does not outweigh the need of them. With this implemented, enchanted items will no longer be a dime a dozen, and many jobs of selling xp and enchanted things will be opened up, as well as the oddness of enchanted things being almost worthless going away

2. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Welcome to the present my guy, the price depends on how low people are willing undercut now.

Marshy_88 and bloodyghost like this.
  3. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Virtually no one enchants items normally. People mass produce enchanted tools using ebooks from villagers and fishing.

Marshy_88 and bloodyghost like this.
  4. bloodyghost

bloodyghost local haunt

100% correct.
    I could likely sell my god silk picks for 3k and fortune 3 god picks for even more, but there are smart people like Epixaid who don’t have any reliance on emerald prices because of their massive farms who can sell their picks as low as possible. Is it good for the eco? Not really at all, but it’s good for Epixaid. Changing the prices of anvil enchanting won’t really change anything. I feel like slowing down the influx of vote tools would help, but enchanting cost increases will most likely just anger normal people trying to repair their picks.

Marshy_88 likes this.
  5. MrDireball

MrDireball Well-Known Meeper

Yes, I'm aware that people are mass producing god picks from villagers, which is specifically why I said /using anvil. Also, I don't think that people should be charged more exp to repair things, just combine them. The reason I include enchanting with an enchantment table is because it only costs me around 500 meebles to get an enchanted diamond pick, and two or three of those can be combined into a god pick.

6. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

Combining is how you repair tools

7. bloodyghost

bloodyghost local haunt

I feel like there has been an influx of similar threads, so I feel like I need to add this note:

Wait before you make an economic adjustment suggestion.
    The Meep market is a strange one: prices can remain the same for weeks or more, only to suddenly double for 5-10 days, or perhaps the price changes every week. No matter what is done this will always be true. If prices for an item drop for a week or two, don’t rush to make an economic suggestion. Perhaps do a lot of research and ask people who buy/sell lots of the item. The thing about the eco is that 9 times out of 10, it corrects itself in a week-few weeks or a month.
    I remember exp bottles being retailed at around 8-14 meebles per exp bottle about 2 weeks ago. For the rate I collect exp, I would say that is a very good price (some may disagree). Now I’d say they are averaging 6-10 meebles each. This is probably because of a rise in demand (players are trying to sell as much as possible) or because of a rise in stock, likely both. Bottom line is, in a month or so, they will likely have adjusted back to their normal rate, and this suggested feature will be irrelevant.

However, if you intend to make anvil repairs more expensive to drive exp bottles way beyond their normal price, (drive up the average) it is most likely going to do this:
    Players will not want to pay more for tools (and players like Epixaid will be fine with selling for super low) and this will increase demand. Increased demand leads to more stock, more sellers, and eventually, competitive undercutting, which will probably drive down prices farther, if not the same.

Tl:dr Always wait and do lots of research before making eco suggestions, because generally the market corrects itself, making the suggestion unnecessary

8. Flamedemond2

Flamedemond2 Highly flammable

All this would do would make people who don't have access to villagers have an even harder time getting picks, but it wouldn't have an impact on the price at all.
    Denied