1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Make camping and spawn camping illegal in Infected

Discussion in 'Completed' started by CreeperCristi, Sep 4, 2015.

?

Is this a problem to you?

1. Dude, yes!

51.4%
  2. No, you're obviously a noob

17.1%
  3. Nein

20.0%
  4. Hmm...

11.4%
  1. CreeperCristi

CreeperCristi Popular Meeper

Yes this may sound ridiculous, but people rack in so many coins in the game from doing this, especially people with an all-iron kit....

Please, we need a way to prevent this from happening!

LadyCassandra likes this.
  2. _Gimble_1.

_Gimble_1. Popular Meeper

I've gotten so sick of this that at night when I become the only infected we have what I like to call "Peaceful Zombie" other words all humans survive and I just walk around if we don't attack each other.

3. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

4. xXAdotXx

xXAdotXx Bibliophile Extraordinaire

I got pissed one night from this. Call me a noob, but I think it's a little ridiculous. My friend who hasn't played the infected game was so bored because she was just getting killed. Power to you if you've upgraded to the iron kit, but come on now. Have a little respect for other players. It's ruining the Infected experience for lots of people.

5. _Gimble_1.

_Gimble_1. Popular Meeper

When there are 7 or less players (when there are 7 or less players, only 1 root zombie spawns) I pray to God I don't get infected and if I do, I have to try using diplomacy or my coin amount can drop up to 50 coins a game due to getting spawn camped

6. CreeperCristi

7. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Le -1 I've never died more than three times from spawn camping, is it really that hard for one person go one way, you the other? I don't suggest making it illegal, maybe give them 3 seconds where they can't attack, or be attacked

8. victor

victor Meeper

*cough* xtjunior *cough*

9. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

OH MY GOD YES
    +111

CreeperCristi likes this.
  10. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

It would be impossible to moderate--you'd need video evidence, and it would run rampant anyways. I suggest a 2-second period where new spawns cannot be attacked.

11. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

They are invisible but the server loads them before their client loads them so they can get hit before they spawn in on their screen making irons farm up melons and then they end up tanking the people who actually can get out of the spawn trap because they've farmed so many noobs who stand there for 10 seconds wondering what to do.

Perhaps add an non-pvp zone on the spawning area that kills humans if they try standing in it so neither side can exploit the other

12. xXAdotXx

xXAdotXx Bibliophile Extraordinaire

That's actually a really good idea. The only way to escape the spawn campers is to run for your life or ender ball out of there but by the time the ender ball lands you've already lost all your health and you die from the landing damage so it's pretty irritating

13. CreeperCristi

Thats perfect, +1 for this
    I think it's already like that....

LadyCassandra and GroovyGrevous like this.
  14. Khada_Aether

Khada_Aether Popular Meeper

The infected game is good overall, but yes this is a major issue for people that are not good at it or are just new. Being the only mother zombie in a game is pretty frustrating when there are 1 or more with iron armor and 2 lives. Less people is playing it because there is always a camper.

That is not fun for the rest tho....
    +1

15. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

16. ajlpikachu

ajlpikachu Celebrity Meeper

*cough* ajlpikachu *cough*
    But in all seriousness, this is a valid suggestion. However, the problem resides in the ranking or skill level of the people. Furthermore, what exactly defines spawn camping/killing? If it's waiting outside and having the infected run to you, then anyone could be accused of spawn killing. Maybe adding an elevated platform or creating random spawn points throughout the map could help reduce, but the problem mostly resides in how people are stacked. Or maybe put an incentive to deter spawn campers by putting bounties on them, causing others on the server to look at them and target them. You could also possibly add a raised platform, that will not give fall damage if you fall or temporary invis where you can't attack nor be attacked.

metr0n0me likes this.
  17. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

What defines spawn camping is sitting close or inside the spawn and constantly killing the infected, giving them no chance to attack to the player.

18. ajlpikachu

Well... then anything I do cannot be considered spawn camping because I go after non afk people who can retaliate... That is the problem. By being near spawn and killing someone while they can and should fight back, you are now spawncamping...

metr0n0me likes this.
  19. CreeperCristi

So what you're saying is....the player who just spawned is the spawn camper?
    How is that even possible? The person that you supposedly said was getting killed by the other person just spawned, this is not spawn camping...it's the person who had been alive longer than the other's fault for trying to spawn camp in the first place....

LadyCassandra likes this.
  20. ajlpikachu

I'm sorry, I think I've confused you. All I meant was that the currently, spawn camping's definition is skewed so that the Infected are always in the right. But what about if you camp the plane in Airport or the stairs in Candy? Is that still considered spawn killing? Furthermore, if the current definition of spawn camping is that players cannot retaliate or fight back, does that discriminate against decent pvp'ers who can avoid getting hit? Overall, I'm just asking for a more clear cut definition of spawn killing/camping...

metr0n0me likes this.