1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

/kit for newbies

Discussion in 'Completed' started by MrsMegan, Dec 16, 2017.

1. MrsMegan

MrsMegan Celebrity Meeper

Create a /kit for new players with iron tools, iron armour or leather armour and food(steak?). Can claim every 24 hours or 7 days, not 100% on time.

iKitten and riri30 like this.
  2. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

You can earn triple that kit just with the money you get by voting nowadays, since you get a key per vote, plus the 4k.
    Though I don’t dislike the idea of having a kit, there always is the problem of it changing the economy, since the value of the kit’s items would go down when every one would have them in their kits.

3. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

this is already a denied suggestion Rank Kits

SuperDyl likes this.
  4. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

We used to have a kit that you get when you spawn into the server as a new player came with tools and armor and essentials for game play as a newb is that not a thing anymore? Or is it broken?

Pmx728 likes this.
  5. Midnight_Galaxy

Midnight_Galaxy ✧゚・:*Forever Reading *:・゚✧

i think it would for sure be a cool idea to start players off with the simplest gear, wood tools, leather armour, food and maybe some blocks.

onceuponajano, Pmx728 and SuperDyl like this.
  6. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

Especially when people join towns, it’s helpful for them to have some materials to start making their house. Maybe a stack of planks and cobble, or something basic like that.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    iKitten, onceuponajano and SuperDyl like this.
  7. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

I like the idea of giving basic tools to new players because it makes the Towny system seem less daunting. It should not be a renewable kit, as there's no reason to give free beginner items to veteran players.

To consider the other side, it should be noted that not giving the player starting tools and resources forces them along with town recruiters to always show new players how to get resources in the wild. If the player is given items, it should still be obvious to both the new player and the town recruiter that the new player needs to be taught about the wild.

8. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

the leather armour and wood tools with the guide? Stopped ages ago unfortunately, I think with the reset.

I'd support one coming back, new players don't immediately think of voting. I think only for a one time thing though, like it used to be

iKitten, Courtneyyy and onceuponajano like this.
  9. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

the guide book was really good

SuperDyl, iKitten and evilalec555 like this.
  10. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

Accepted with one caveat. We're going to incorporate this directly into the tutorial (one-time use), instead of via command.

MrsMegan and SuperDyl like this.
  11. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Completed