1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Just looking for a better like/comment ratio tbh.

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Summers, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

There has been lots of concern/talk about what is going to happen once towny wars are enabled in the extreme towny world. Many rumors including pvp will be on in all towns, and I dont know if that would be the greatest for a majority of the towns in extreme.

My suggestion is that we allow players to have no pvp in their towns but they are taxed at a 4x rate in comparison to a town that has pvp on in the town. And in order to prevent pvp toggling to avoid taxes, if you could possible add a cooldown on the ability to turn it on and off.

This would also add another skull (money) sink into the extreme world which is will give you guys more room to add more ways to add skulls into the eco.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  2. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

I agree we need more money sinks in the eco, but I think this greatly negatively hurts smaller towns while massive towns (Legion) could just keep pvp off in their town and farm skulls off the many players in their town.

3. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

It actually would encourage smaller towns due to smaller towns having a lower tax rate!

And it would also force larger towns such as legion to have to pay large fees for having so many plots to house their many members. This will force them to tax their citizens which will then cause citizens to leave their town due to taxes that they wouldent need to pay if they had their own smaller town, and thus adding more towns into the world which will add more fun and drama into the gameplay experience!

4. Epicdude141

I hear what your saying, but have you been around legion? It's not like they have a massive amounts of plots claimed.

IzzSt and IFartOnChilren like this.
  5. IFartOnChilren

IFartOnChilren Celebrity Meeper Elder

I think right now a 4x tax rate would be a hefty toll on a town like legion , regardless of how big they are because they currently pay almost 5k skulls a day. 20k skulls a day just to keep pvp off isn’t too sustainable right now and I think that’d be a pretty good consequence for keeping pvp off. If we wanted to go even further, it could be 4x tax + another 1% tax for every member in the town. So if a town has 5000 in upkeep and 85 players, it would be taxed 24,250 skulls a day. To compare, a town with 2500 in upkeep per day with 60 members would pay 11,500 per day

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    Summers and Pmx728 like this.
  6. Epicdude141

Yeah I like that a lot more, having the tax increase for each player in the town. Seems fair.

IzzSt, Pmx728 and IFartOnChilren like this.
  7. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

I’d like to add that for residential towns, the burden to pay for this likely will fall on plot owners and new players. Res towns make their money off of taxes. This means that if upkeep is raised, taxes will be raised too. In principle this is a good idea though, and I’m 100% for giving people who do not participate in war some sort of disadvantage. I think there’s a better way to go about this though.

8. IFartOnChilren

I see what you’re saying. However, the climate/towny war aspect of extreme will require residential towns to not only be just big and populated but also able to defend itself from other towns. I feel like war shouldn’t be 1000% consensual and that there should be rules in place that act to back a town into a corner until it has to join a war if it is being challenged, unless it can very effectively sustain itself financially. Increased taxes on towns that don’t want to participate is a way to do this.

BooBear1227, Pmx728 and Adrian like this.
  9. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

I would argue that burden of tax would actually fall on the owners as residents and new players wouldn’t want to pay crazy amounts of tax especially when they don’t have perms in the town, eventually leading them to leave the town. Also the new world is supposed to be extreme and pvp comes along with that, so there should be harsh consequences of having a no pvp arena (if it should be allowed at all). If you don’t want pvp on or want your builds potentially raided just play normal towns or creative. There is no reason to basically have 2 identical towny worlds

Summers and IFartOnChilren like this.
  10. baku

baku Celebrity Meeper

I'm just gonna give this a hard no

11. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

As I said above, I agree that people should be encouraged to go to war. However I disagree with your point about players leaving. In towny, around 90% of the residents join, get a plot and play for an hour or so but leave and never come back. It’s the reason why big residential towns are “inactive”. Essentially raising taxes would just mean that town staff will just have to recruit slightly more players. I think that while punishing towns is a good idea we need to find to find a way that would punish that mayors/town staff for opting out of war, not the inactive players.

A possible idea is to have PvP on in all towns, but leave it up to people if they want to participate in war.

12. IFartOnChilren

Why?

13. baku

baku Celebrity Meeper

Giving 70 man towns that obviously alt abuse the ability to dodge towny war and circumvent the entire point of the gamemode as they add even more dungeons that pay more skulls isn't the best idea

IzzSt and Pmx728 like this.
  14. IFartOnChilren

It’s the town owners responsibility to put rules in place that handle inactivity
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 13, 2020, Original Post Date: Apr 13, 2020 ---
    that type of town would have to pay 20k + skulls a day. And if only 20% of those people are active, that’s like 15 people that would all have to work together to put up that amount every day. That type of cost per day is difficult to sustain, and who knows, maybe it’ll have to increase. But I think the idea is pretty good tho and alt abusing isn’t the main problem with it

15. baku

baku Celebrity Meeper

No, because last time I checked they had enough to last in their bank for a while, skulls are not useful for anything other than town upkeep, there are new dungeons that give lots of skulls, and at least half the town are alt accounts that got used to farm skulls when extreme first came out. no way Legion has 70 unique members, probably more like 30-40. If everyone in that town, alts included, ran all the dungeons once they'd 100% have enough to sit on their ass and evade towny war for a year at least lol

IzzSt likes this.
  16. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

There aren’t that many new players joining where you can just “recruit more”. Plus if people leave because y’all raise taxes, then ur gonna have to keep raising the taxes and the burden will eventually fall on the owners. The whole point of this suggestion is to offer a large demotivating factor to disable pvp and towny war and I feel it would do that as I doubt most towns would want to pay so much in upkeep unless ur a small shop town.

17. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

There isn’t any real math in this post. And skulls arnt only used for town upkeep. So your post is 100% inaccurate.

18. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

Denied at this time :)

BooBear1227 likes this.