1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

JumboAce's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by JumboAce, Jul 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JumboAce

JumboAce Celebrity Meeper

In Game Name: JumboAce
    Skype (Yes/No): Yes
    Teamspeak Username: JumboAce
    Mic use: Yes
    Timezone: UTC+01:00 (EST when I get back to the U.S in about a month)
    Hours online per weekday: 1-3 (5-10 during summer)
    Hours online per weekend: 4-8 (5-10 during summer)
    Position Changes: Citizen -> Helper

Intro:

After taking up people's advice on my last application (Thanks HAB, nhjed, etc...) I decided I need to be consistently active and after about 3 weeks, here I am! Anyways,

Hello MeepCraft! My name is Imad, but to most of you I am known as JumboAce. I was introduced to MeepCraft by my sister JumboGem on June 28th, 2012 and have had a blast ever since. I enjoy many things other than just MineCraft; such as, Football ("Soccer"), Basketball, hanging out with friends, and working. I currently have a part-time job in a convenience store and I am part Algerian and really enjoyed watching Algeria play in the World Cup. I have an older brother and a twin sister.

Why:

Well, there are many reasons as to why I deserve the position, and here they are.

Activity:

I've decided to break this up into the two most important aspects of the server- Forum activity/In-game activity- and Experience/What would I do?

Forum activity:

I've been registered on the forums since July 16th 2012. I have gone through all of MeepCraft's forum changes and have been very active on all. When browsing through the forums, I usually look around: Ban Appeals, Discussion, Unofficial Guides, Q&A and Staff Recruitment. These are all critical sections for a Helper to look through. I normally look through “Ban Appeals” because when I was a Moderator, whether it was your ban or not, you still had the right to look at what the banned player has to say, check if they followed the format, and request the staff member who issued the punishment to look at the appeal, and provide proof, reasons why the ban was issued, and any additional information. Discussion is a way for me to get involved in the community and just socialize and get to know MeepCraft's citizens. It is a great opportunity to get involved with the rest of the server and to see what’s going on. I look at Staff Recruitment because the feedback players give really lets me improve my overall character. Also, I write feedback to other players, regardless if they're my friend or someone I've never heard of, my feedback is not biased so neither will my bans be. Now, for the last one, I look at Unofficial Guides because it's a good way to assist the community. I wrote a guide on the old forums about all the staff commands, it was pinned and liked. I try to be the most active I can be when not in-game. So all in all, I believe I have good experience and fairly good activity on the forums.

In game activity:

I believe I am active in-game as well. Now, before anyone says I haven't seen you before, being in Algeria, I have a unique time zone therefore when I'm online there's a very small amount of players online. I am always online looking for an opportunity to help others, but I find a way to balance playing and enjoying my time whilst completing my duties as a staff member. I am always entertained In Game, and therefore, I am online quite frequently and love to participate in /shout conversations. Additionally, if a player asks a question in shout, I almost always answer them in /msg as it's easier to see and more convenient to have a conversation in. The staff team needs to have active staff to be able to satisfy the players. I believe a good staff team means good player morale

Experience:

This is a key section for me. I have been playing on MeepCraft for a little over 2 years only being banned once and that was on July 16th 2012 for breaking 8 cobble blocks. Additionally, I've been staff twice, being OPed multiple times and being trusted with the SuperMod rank for a period of time. My first time being staff was MeepCraft’s golden ages. At that time we averaged 900+ players and I was able to handle the pressure, and therefore did a fantastic job and got promoted in a week and a half. I know all the towny commands, and the majority of the staff commands, but obviously with the new "Hawkeye logs" I'm going to need some brushing up. When I was a Moderator, I completed over 1,000 modreqs in a month and a week, and I had the most at the time. I completely understand Helper is a helping rank and the main concept of the rank is to help and complete modreqs, and I am more than excited to do that. I’m an avid PvPer and was an ex-Helper on a factions server averaging 400+ players. I can identify a hacker, but not jump to conclusions and apply a ban without sufficient proof.

What would you do?

I will issue the correct punishments, not being too harsh or too lean. I will ask my fellow peers for help. I'm not afraid to ask for help if I'm in a sticky situation as my peers may have a good solution or know how to solve the problem. After issuing the punishment I will follow up on the appeal. I never issue a ban or temp ban or even a kick without some form of proof. I will definitely be sure to post my proof on said appeal.

Work Ethic:

Although I had completed a large quantity of modreqs, I like to think quality over quantity. If you’re not thoroughly investing time in assisting someone with their modreq, then you’re not doing it right. I never /d ed a modreq without asking the player if they’re satisfied and if I can done it. Also, if you don’t know how to answer the modreq, certainly don’t make up an answer off the top of your head. Unclaim it and request a different staff member’s help as they may know the answer. In conclusion, whilst doing any modreqs think quality over quantity. At the end of the day, the player is the one that needs to be satisfied, not your ego.

Dedication:

I would consider myself a dedicated member of the MeepCraft community. I’ve been playing on here for over 2 years only taking a 3 month break, coming back, and enjoying playing again. I’ve stuck with the server through thick and thin. A prime example being MeepNetworks, and I contributed as much as I was able to during that era.

Weaknesses:

Maturity: My immaturity is a weakness. I say a lot of unprofessional things and while I think it is funny, it is really not. In order to maintain maturity, before I post something I always think “Will this warrant a punishment?” If yes, don’t post it, if no, go ahead. As a staff member you’re a role model to the players, and it comforts them to know good, mature people are running the server, so I always keep that in mind. My age is not an excuse for my maturity, as I have common sense so I will use it.

Internet: Currently, this is my biggest weakness. My internet is bad. I cannot watch videos, I get almost 200 ms to MeepCraft and get lag a lot, but the forums are perfectly fine. Additionally, when I log on or warp, it doesn't register anything another player or myself does and everything is frozen, so it basically just lags for like 5 minutes. To fix this, I find a good time to log on, and that is in the morning. In the morning my internet is perfectly fine and allows me to play smoothly. By finding the right time to play, I experience no lag.

TeamSpeak: My TeamSpeak activity is not a problem, but my participation in conversations is. I’m a shy person, therefore I rarely talk and only do when someone is talking directly to me. However, as a staff member it is my duty to answer any questions asked in Team Speak and discuss any conflicts. I’m improving on this by getting more involved and starting up conversations about topics I’m comfortable discussing.

Strengths:

Experience: As I've stated above, being a staff member twice before, I know the ropes but obviously need some brushing up on things such as Hawkeye.

Trust: On MeepNetworks I was OPed for the majority of my time playing. I would help Miguel build shops, issue refunds, etc… I do admit however spawning in a CruetlyGaming head and doing some "things" with it, because I hated him, but currently I respect all of the higher ups and I'm not planning on doing that ever again. Adding on, I wasn't just OPed during MeepNetworks. I was also OPed during “Golden MeepCraft” a few times to help setup drop parties.

Time zone: If accepted, I will most likely be the only staff member with my time zone. You may be thinking: If your internet is so bad, why are you applying? Well, I want to take advantage of my time zone while I'm in Algeria. There is little to no staff members when I am online, and to prove my point even more, this is what I normally see on all sections of the server.

No staff online.jpg

Plus, there is always less than 100 players online when I log on in the morning. If accepted, I will most likely be the only staff member with my time zone. But my time zone is temporary, because when I return to the U.S in a month or so, my time zone would alter to EST.

Conclusion:

I have really enjoyed my time on MeepCraft and I'm hoping to experience the thrill of being a staff member for the third time. It's a whole new playing field and really enjoy it. It's a great way to contribute to the community and get more involved by helping out. I plan on making the players satisfied as I have before, and complete many modreqs.

'Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.'

- Kevin Durant

*Read the bolded/time zone part before commenting on in-game activity*

2. Flamedemond2

Flamedemond2 Highly flammable

Jumbo, I've known you for as long as I can remember from my time on meep. You are surely a dedicated player to have been playing for as long as you have, and to remain as active as you are now. From your last experience on staff, I never had trouble with you. In fact, you exceeded everyone's expectations with your unmatchable enthusiasm and personality. You always were on top of everything, leaving nothing hanging behind. I would be exceptionally pleased to see you return to the staff team. As far as the app goes, I genuinely enjoyed reading it. You did an amazing job at conveying your message to us.

Huge jumbo +1

Woodchip123456, SX1 and JumboAce like this.
  3. iiTzJDL

iiTzJDL Legendary Meeper

oh my god.
    yesyesyesyesyes.
    +1
    I see you on everyday.
    You're always helping.
    [insert more reasons here]

JumboAce likes this.
  4. rAwsondayc

rAwsondayc Celebrity Meeper

Your app was stupendous my good sir, though I've never seen you it's obviously due to your timezone.

If all comments above are true, +1 :)

JumboAce likes this.
  5. abbythrowsstuff

abbythrowsstuff Celebrity Meeper

+1
    The internet weakness is a big thing for me but, I hope you can power through it.

JumboAce likes this.
  6. Danielrulesman

Danielrulesman Popular Meeper

Pros:
    Highly Experienced with staff
    Highly Experienced with the Server
    Mature
    Active
    Cons:
    Freaking left me without warning in the old meep.
    I'm sorry, but the cons outweigh the pros. -1.

Grandblue and JumboAce like this.
  7. kdocherty7

kdocherty7 Guest

extremely experienced

old staff ;)

aye +1

JumboAce likes this.
  8. Kazarkas

Kazarkas Legendary Meeper Elder

I'll come out of hibernation just to give you a jumbo

+1

andrewrobins, Skaros123 and JumboAce like this.
  9. Flamedemond2

Flamedemond2 Highly flammable

You literally stole my joke.....

+1 again. You deserve this so much that 1 time just wasnt enough.

JumboAce likes this.
  10. Chaase5

Chaase5 Popular Meeper

+1

Insanely nice to me whenever I talked to him. I've only talked to him when I was on the pvp team JumboWood!

Woodchip123456 and JumboAce like this.
  11. creepersareokay

creepersareokay Celebrity Meeper

+juan reasons above

JumboAce likes this.
  12. Oo0gumonster

Oo0gumonster Popular Meeper

Jumbo! I have to say I do remember you from the old meep times. You are extremely active on the forums and in game which is a plus for me! Your application was absolutely pure gold, I loved it! You are well experienced enough being old staff member and I can tell that you aren't leaving us anytime soon seeing that you have stayed with us this long. I also liked your "quality over quantity" section of your application. It shows that you are very well centered on helping our members completely rather than trying to compete with us other staff members on who has the most modreq's.

Overall, this has to be a +1 from me Jumbo. Good luck!

JumboAce likes this.
  13. andrewrobins

andrewrobins My views are my own.

+lollipop you are one of a kind jumbo gl :)

JumboAce likes this.
  14. Kazarkas

Kazarkas Legendary Meeper Elder

Didn't even read that lol.

JumboAce likes this.
  15. Woodchip123456

Woodchip123456 Celebrity Meeper

+1

- Experienced
    - Was and will be a great mod
    - Extremely mature for his age
    - Helpful

JumboAce likes this.
  16. MCRichHuey

MCRichHuey Celebrity Meeper

+1

I liked your app, very descriptive and well spoken.
    You have a lot of forum activity, which is a plus.
    The internet issue is a negative, but you seem to have found a way to work around it, which is a plus.

Best of luck to you!

JumboAce likes this.
  17. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

dapluswahn

JumboAce likes this.
  18. noobpatroll

noobpatroll Guest

This was a very well done application.
    +1

JumboAce likes this.
  19. Grandblue

Grandblue Celebrity Meeper

+1 except for the fact that JumboSkills knows your password and username. You need to change it so Skills cant abuse your powers and get you demoted!

20. JumboAce

JumboAce Celebrity Meeper

To answer your question, I did in-fact change my password so he does not have access to my account anymore. Thanks!

MCRichHuey likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.