1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Is using disguises in pvp/spleef/halo/ctf/wherever it works cheating?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by FamousZAmos, Dec 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

So recently some people reported someone for using a disguise. I thought the thread truly showed a valid question: are disguises an unfair advantage? Meepcraft uses the term Unfair Advantage in the rules, claiming that everything from autoclickers to fullbright mods to betterfps is illegal as it creates an unfair advantage. My opinion on the issue is a bit biased but I think it makes sense: games that rely heavily on hitboxes shouldn't allow disguising, but it should just be considered unethical and annoying (which, by the way, if you're unethical and annoying people won't play with you, ask literally anyone and there's someone or another they won't play halo with) if the game doesn't rely on hitboxes. As one of meep's most analytical active pvper's I have to say in Halo, Kit, and Terrarium disguising should not be allowed. In towny, it's a stupid thing to do and I hope you lose if you dis during a fight, but realistically staff can't be expected to moderate player-operated arenas. In spleef, I don't think hitboxes play quite as critical a role and while distracting, I don't think disguises offer much in the way of an advantage.

evilalec555 and ekjhgekuie like this.
  2. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Try to hit a player hitbox vs a baby chicken hitbox in halo and get back to me on how unfair it is

iKitten, Pmx728, riri30 and 1 other person like this.
  3. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

@Muunkee the disguise plugin used by meep is called idisguise when used this will make the player go invisible by kind of running the command effect {player} minecraft:invisibility 10000 0 true. this is why no particles show up. but if you are shooting at the no ai baby chicken being tped to the players location, than of course it won't hit, attack above the chicken.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  4. FamousZAmos

it's the same hitbox it's just harder to tell where it is.

5. lanekids40

F3 + b shows entity hitboxes

6. FamousZAmos

the invisibility effect you mean?

7. lanekids40

lol thats great yea,
    its my natural habit to type night vision

8. Muunkee

Thats bs lol
    Its still an advantage, its still a rank perk being used as an advantage and therefore in all technicality breaks eula, makes new players frustrated when they try to fight a chicken or a bat or whatever and makes them quit and hurts the server, bothers them when they win a spleef but didnt see the chicken and then they call bc who expects a chicken to play spleef

Its silly

9. FamousZAmos

I agree
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 6, 2017, Original Post Date: Dec 6, 2017 ---
    also did you read the post

10. Muunkee

Ah yes continue to be sassy while you have an app up

No even slightly new player will know that. I bet the majority of players dont know that. Ill blame it on my inactivity, but all the same
    You are naturally going to try to hit the chicken
    Cits will get frustrated because chicken kicks their butt
    Bye bye new person.
    Considering the server is running off of fumes, monetary and popularity wise, new players are extremely important and anything you can do to prevent pissing off new people for even teeny tiny reasons like a chicken dis in a minigame is justified at this point

Its kind of just a very irritating move and is stupid regardless with or without the rule
    Like just chill why di you have to argue over the annoying tiny things, argue about big issues that might actually get you somewhere

11. FamousZAmos

being a cheap retard and cheating are different though. The point of the thread is whether it's truly cheating, not whether or not you'll lose all your friends.