1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Is mending being replaced?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Peero, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

Now I know mending was removed cause it broke eco (which I disagree with but it's not my decision). But Klutch said in the RIP Mending thread, "Thank you for being understanding and we will work with some of you on a est server to see if we can reimpliment a less OP version of mending in the future." He said if in this, not confirming things or not, but is there any plan for a replacement? Anvils have a limit on repairing, which ruins the game for me in all honesty. I'm not sure if plans were changed but I was wondering if there were any plans or not.

Edit: If I may suggesting a solution, maybe /fix every 24 hours for Elite+ (if thats eula compliant, I have no idea) Like you can fix one tool every 24 hours. If you want, expand it to 48 or something. And even open it to all ranks. Anything you do, I just miss being able to repair tools.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    OKNEM likes this.
  2. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

Well, that's the thing, anvils don't ruin the game cause they limit you. You can't repair your axe again? You need either more levels, which you might opt out to buy, or enchants, or just buy an axe. This stimulates these parts of the eco.
    Also, we aren't being eula compliant right now, so it wouldn't matter that /fix isn't. A timed /fix might be nice, but at the same time having a day limit doesn't change things too much, your tools don't usually erode away at the same time, and I don't find myself repairing things too often. I myself don't miss mending, but I know a lot of others do, so I do think that this would be worth looking into if it would be balanced out to keep it from being too op and not a blow to our eco.

Peero likes this.
  3. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

They may not ruin the game for others, but I know for me it makes playing less fun.

OKNEM likes this.
  4. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Originally, it had been planned to release a part of the jobs plugin reggles made that weaponsmiths would not face a repair limit upon reaching a certain level. Obviously, we aren't using that plugin now, so we can try implementing it through other means. Honestly, I'd rather just add back in a nerfed version of Mending, but that's me personally.

OKNEM, qazini and Peero like this.
  5. OKNEM

OKNEM Celebrity Meeper

Same. That's all, folks.

Peero likes this.