1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Infinite Particle Effects + Snap Back When Building

Discussion in 'Resolved/Denied' started by LordInateur, Jul 3, 2017.

1. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

Bug: Infinite Particle Effects + Snap Back When Building

IGN: LordInateur

Date of Bug: July 3, 2017

Summary of Bug: To duplicate, go into the wild (survival gamemode). Obtain wooden fence. Point camera (viewing angle) all the way down (pitch = 90 I think), jump and place wooden fence block while in the air. Result: infinite particles + snap back as (presumably) edge-finding plugin tries to repeatedly "save" you.

Evidence of Bug: [attached]

Additional information: Uploaded file contains transcript of video (TXT, necessary because I guess I mumble). The link to the video is at the top of the attached text file. Root cause seems to be that the plugin expects a user to only build "upwards" one block at a time... and blocks like fences have a collision box that are taller than one block (preventing things from jumping over them). I haven't tested this with other blocks with similar properties. This bug priority is minimal--it's more of a nuisance than a life-threatening bug. Unless you're building wooden fences over lava, that is xD

Attached Files:

Peero and Pmx728 like this.
  2. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

This happens on most things. Stairs, slabs anything that isn't a full block. I believe its part of the anti cheat but its broken. When flying, this also happens a lot. It's extremely annoying and I think it needs a fix asap.

SuperDyl and LordInateur like this.
  3. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

Oh yeah I didn't even think of it being an anticheat plugin xD I always get those particles when I'm about to fall off an edge or something. I'd be interested to know if one of the techs had a thought about what was causing it right off the bat (sometimes when someone tells me about a bug that I haven't heard about in code I wrote or am familiar with, I'll still know exactly where the bug is xD).

Peero likes this.
  4. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Yea, like Peero said, it's a bug with the anti cheat trying to stop you from "flying." Pending while we're looking for new ways to block hacking.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 11, 2021, Original Post Date: Jul 4, 2017 ---
    Fixed

SuperDyl and LordInateur like this.