1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

I'm going to be honest..

Discussion in 'Denied' started by legendcaleb, Aug 15, 2015.

1. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

The new terrarium sucks. It does, okay. I have talked to tons of the people who play meep and almost all who actually pvp say it sucks. The invincibility is too stupid- people jump in and steal loot , then just get out. And no, don't "balance the invincibility", REMOVE IT. You ask pvpers what they want - then give them the exact opposite. The map is good- except the fact the ladders are not even good because it's hard to hit someone off them, and there's way too many. It worked so well when we had one , why do we need 8+? And before @leodavinci9000 says that the "terrain is good, and noobs can now farm" THIS IS COMPETITIVE PVP" not just some noob dungeon farming thing. If you want to fight , you better have god. If that's not your speed or you "Want to fight in iron" go to kitpvp, because honestly, it's annoying.

Snowman, really? What's the brilliant idea around that?

TD;DR , FIX THE MAP- REMOVE INVINCIBILITY.

2. ryker26

ryker26 Well-Known Meeper

+1 bb

3. Bloopers

Bloopers Legendary Meeper

it needs to have less plants, more flat terrain and no liquids at all. water and lava ruin pvp tbh

4. Iatemyfriends

Iatemyfriends Supreme Leader

"Why would you take out invincibility? It makes us die to god pvpers!" If you don't want to play for keeps or competitively, stay in your lane at /warp kitpvp. Snowmen who damage your armor while you're fighting? Why? WHY? W H Y? What's the point. Invincibility just lets players jump in and steal your loot and go up one of the 11 escapes. 11 escapes. 1 escape, 2 escapes, etc. Why 11 chances for someone to runaway? Terrarium is competitive, not a place for landonator to eat a gapple and run into one of the 11 exits, or for a noob to jump, steal your loot and get away in one of the 11 exits. Staff, you got the right idea with the terrarium except, you did mess up 1 part of the terrarium. By 1 part I mean you screwed it up so badly there's no point for any pvpers to even play on meepcraft unless they just want to kitpvp. Staff, you did 1 thing right, you listen to what we wanted, but you did it the way you wanted it. Do it the way the people WHO ACTUALLY USE THE FRICKING ARENA WANT IT. We don't need a terrarium to look aesthetically pleasing, make it functional. For example you make a town spawn. It looks beautiful, but its not suitable to be a town spawn. Kind of like the terrarium you so kindly gave us. I've said this too many times, put in the old terrarium and your problem will be solved. Why are you trying to test what kind of terrarium we want. Stop trying to make yourselves happy with the job you've done when it doesn't even meet our standards. The Competitive players want an arena that is large not tiny like this terrarium, we want 1 escape not 10 extra escapes on top of that. Terrarium is supposed to be for a competitive level of play, not for players to jump in and have a fun time with invincibility stealing the loot we worked to get by killing someone. I can't stress this enough. Give us what WE (PvPers) want not what YOU (Staff) thinks looks the nicest. A functional terrarium doesn't need to be super fancy, it needs functionality. Lets use another example. You build a beautiful computer with a very very nice tower, but you only have a pentium in there. I have no idea on what you guys think about when you think of a good terrarium, and trust me, I'm not the only clueless one. I'm 90% sure you have invincibility and 11 escape routes there to "even" it out to the noobs. Terrarium on meepcraft used to mean an arena. Now it means a daycare for 10 year olds so they don't get hurt and steal our stuff. I have no idea where this definition came up with you guys. Here's a massive suggestion. Add common pvpers that use the terrarium and ask what they want. I'm sure that they don't want invincibility, 11 escapes, a tiny arena with lots of water and tall grass and snowmen that attack you.

TL;DR: Staff, listen on what we have to say not what you guys want as a terrarium.

5. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

There are no guidelines stating that the terrarium is for 'competitive pvp', in fact there's nothing anywhere stating that the terrarium is meant for a single type of pvp, why? because it's whatever the player makes it out to be. If said player wants to fight in god armour or if they want to just farm for gear then so be it. If you don't like how it currently is..go pvp 'competitively' in the wild or make your own arena, it's easily done. Just like you said, if that's not your thing then that's your problem - why limit an entire arena for a small group of players?

6. Iatemyfriends

I didn't know that we got rid of a pvp arena for a god armor farm in spawn.

7. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

It's quite simple, pick up the loot before anyone else gets it - if not, then it's entirely your loss.

Or, if you played smart, you'd aim to kill the enemy far enough away from the ladders to reduce the chance of another player grabbing their stuff.

leodavinci9000 likes this.
  8. Iatemyfriends

Have you been in the new terrarium? It's like 20x20 you get invincibility for 10 seconds and there are 11 escapes.

9. legendcaleb

My friend took this picture :

http://prntscr.com/853q0b

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THIS TERRARIUM? ITS ARGUABLY THE BEST MEEP HAS EVER HAD

1. It's open, it's flat, and it still has the aesthetics you guys go crazy for
    2. Only 1 ladder, which is awesome
    3. The multibiome theme that everyone craves
    4. Nostalgia
    5. Add this terrarium back

10. RaidByNightOnly

RaidByNightOnly Celebrity Meeper

My biggest thing is liquids. Liquids kill me literally and figuratively. Make one Pond and one Lava Lake and be done. Not 50 million streams. Also, Vary the Biomes. I would love to see floating Island End Biome included or a savannah just mix it up a bit. The liquids are part of the reason I don't chance the Terrarium as of right now. (And I am trash but that's beside the point)

metr0n0me and legendcaleb like this.
  11. 00000

00000 Guest

Add that shit back

Iatemyfriends and legendcaleb like this.
  12. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

This is why I don't do god PvP.
    Its just stupid tbh

13. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

Please take out the jungle biome at least, you can't do anything there but run.

SwagUnitedFC likes this.
  14. triscope

triscope Celebrity Meeper

if this is denied, whatever staff member says "denied" i'll give you a virtual angry look whenever I see you in game.

and watch you because i'm the leader of illuminati

15. shains

shains never stop fighting

i only read about half of this bc im tired right now idk why there's such hostility about this issue when we had no say in the development in the pvp arena lol

16. leodavinci9000

leodavinci9000 Popular Meeper

Was one thread not enough? I don't see why we need another thread when you could easily have commented on the other thread.
    Couldn't have said it better.

Anyways, the god armored people are only a small portion of the people who do come into the arena. If they don't like it, it shouldn't mean they get to vote for the entire server. As I said on the other thread, creating an arena in towny has worked before, and there is a combat tag as bluapol mentioned, so I don't see why you guys can't just make your own pwarp.

17. legendcaleb

You're the reason we have such a crappy arena anyway. Get out of my thread, please

The terrarium wasn't made for what the majority used it for. It's original purpose was to provide a place for gods to fight-but it developed from terrible input from people like you, have tore it's original purpose and bent it so you could jump in without dying.

Lemoh, Epicdude141, ryker26 and 3 others like this.
  18. Iatemyfriends

What was the main purpose for the terrarium/Arena ever since meep started? For players to fight other players. It's cool if you guys want to jump in with no armor and stuff, we don't really mind. We may kill you for cash, but that's what the arenas for. It's for fighting. "God armored people are only a small portion of people who do come into the arena." This may be true. Terrariums goal was for players to fight other players in an area in spawn. The main idea of terrarium wasn't meant for noobs to jump in and hide from god people. What's the point of hiding from god players? You're not even fighting. A towny arena. An arena. In towns. PvP. In. Towns. Do you realize how bad pvp is in towns? It's the laggiest part of the server. We PvP in terrarium because we can actually hit eachother. Towny is just way too laggy. I don't understand why you jump into terrarium running away from god people.

19. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

It's called a terrarium because it is supposed to represent wild terrain not be flat. It gives a challenge with that terrain.

20. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

Other players should be the challenge, not the arena itself.