1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

If there is ever a time to lay all the cards down on the table, it is now.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Jwarian, Jun 28, 2020.

1. ProofMan

ProofMan Active Meeper

ok imma keep it real with u and hopefully short but to put it blunt the server is fucking dog shit rn. staff basically disregarded anyones opinions during extreme UNLESS they were in legion and that obviously pissed us off, so of course we would wanna bring it up, but all we got were mutes and "dont be toxic". why would anyone wanna play a server where if u have an opinion that does not conform to the "clueless clique" you are dumpstered and maybe banned. lag is a massive issue and i think the server just needs to be fully reset, towny, extreme, everything. get rid of halo, sorry if you guys like it but who in the actual fuck comes on to meepcraft and says "oh boy lets play fucking halo".

another large issue is that the teams are working on TOO MANY DIFFERENT PROJECTS at the same time. focus on one, role out whatever it is and then go to the next issue. dont do more than you guys can handle. i dont wanna read from the staff team that they are working on 20 half assed projects, i wanna see one project done R I G H T.

in regards to the staff team, please actually listen to us and our input and dont do that warlords shit where you guys say fuck u if u have been banned or whatever ur toxic so ur opinion doesnt matter. if u want a community ur gonna have toxic people regardless, and perhaps one of the reasons theyre toxic is because of the direction the server has taken to the point where you are practically no longer a valid member of the community because the clueless clique has decided they dont like u.

and pls go back to 2013 spawn it may not look pretty but at least it isnt a clusterfuck like the spawn we have now that is so difficult to navigate.

(i was drunk when i wrote this so sorry if its not coherent)

2. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

the projects that I’ve been part of have actually all got their fair share of attention. from what I see nothings rushed or looked over. Good things take time, and time has been taken on these projects to ensure ideas have been thought about and are of a great standard etc.
    for example I’m currently leading a team for the creative project. Im trying to take a bit of time to make sure the best ideas come out. I personally find that working on multiple projects at once can bring out new thoughts that could work with other projects if you get what i mean.

EllieEllie and Peero like this.
  3. MegaStufOreo

MegaStufOreo The Cookie Monster

It's late so maybe I'll write something more in depth later but I just wanted to reiterate what everyone's saying about the lack of transparency. Everything is a "you'll see" or a "just wait :)". It's almost infuriating. Yeah, some things are better as surprises but let us know where you guys are headed. We're always left in the dark and that's why people leave. Staff and players need to be more on par with each other and staff need to involve the community more in what's going on. If not, it's two communities and that's on the staff team.

Peero, Meznik, PandaBear711 and 4 others like this.
  4. Ace

Ace Celebrity Meeper

Pretty sure 80% of the people that joined back in that time and people who played at the time said it wouldn't work. Your group defended the idea of it becoming great actually telling people it's gonna be good and should give it a try. What's more surprising is that we were actually told what was coming in the extreme and it was even hyped so much that most of the things that were promised to be on day 1 weren't there. Although we were told that it will have a series of updates but correct me if I'm wrong, that was about the following updates for other aspects of the server.

I'm actually surprise to see this line from you honestly.

Sadly this is quite true tbh. This is also exactly the reason why the bias in most of staff members are so hard that they make terrible judgement. I mean, you see people get away with the most awful things said on chat but as soon as someone else tried to have a quick fun with another player, literally having a completely different intent, for some reason they would assume something else and enforce the "rules". It's really dumb and you could really tell from that alone that SOME are focusing on the wrong things. People would probably come at me saying "It's your fault!" No I'm not just referring to what happened with that discord mute, this actually happened to multiple people. It's so anti fun and it causes players to just quit altogether.

Anyhow, let me gives you guys a little insight on what a new player thought of the server.

My girlfriend also had a shitty experience here as a new player. Also she really doesn't like to play MC because she thought block games were "stupid" but she gave it a try because she wanted to play with me. Surprisingly she enjoyed playing in extreme as she was able to fly and build things. I let her build on my town so she could have a grasp of the block game experience and help me along the way. Couple of days later, she asked me if she could do more so I offered her a town in front of the Crypt dungeon. She was so excited to work on this town but a few days after I told her this, the town was destroyed because it was under my alt. She was greatly upset and didn't bother to log back in again. Staff didn't even bother to contact me about what's going to be done with these kinds of towns. She had plan in that town and that was taken away from her.

She quit as a new player and she told me that "they are stupid and make idiotic decisions".
    Quite a few people in staff team knew that account of mine was being used by her and could verify this through IP checks and log checks. Even discord verification could work but they chose to listen to "these" people that loved sucking up to them lol.

I understand that a rule was put in place weeks after I had this alt town hence why I made the decision to give it to her as well. However, looking at Minecraft Dynamic Map I could definitely still see an alt town that has existed since Day 2 of Extreme and still is probably off the "radar" heh.

On the other hand,

I saw this and I thought they announced something regarding SB. No offence to Clue but claiming that SB died off because of spawners was a bit silly. It was just one of the long list of problems that turned people away from that game mode. I don't mean to brag but I want to give my entire island in SB and it's members a big THANKS for keeping that community alive back in 2017-2018 and helped brought in donations for the server despite receiving shit and non stop trashing from these so called "great players".

What I find funny with all these is that these so called "great players" pretty sure you were already called an "idiot" for having an alt that has a rank. These people are so narrow minded that they don't even realize that you actually brought in donation for the server that THEY play on. Then they continue to have a go at you because you use these "alts" on the server. While they also use their alts to play??? Just really hypocritical honestly. What's even more funny is that if that player is friends with a heavily biased staff, you'd get branded as "toxec" simply because you are educating them lol.

I could literally go on and on about the problems here but it gets so tiring really.
    Toxic people being under staff wing, false promises, fractured community, not having a clear path
    These are just a small list of problems that turns people away from the server and sadly, these aren't being addressed at all lol.

Jwarian, cooey, IzzSt and 5 others like this.
  5. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

I see your point but honestly while it may have seemed like we liked Extreme, most of us didn't. The only people who I (personally) saw talking about how Extreme could still be great were staff members. Rightfully so, because I would expect them to speak highly of the server they are staff on, otherwise that would be weird. However, since Legion was made up of a great deal of staff members, it may have seemed like we loved Extreme. Most of us didn't. I spent hours each day in discord vcs with a bunch of different members of that town and I can say with certainty that a vast majority were not having fun with anything Extreme-related, and were only having fun either each other. All the fun out of Extreme for most of us came from the players, something that could have easily been replicated in Classic.

Take me for example. I played Extreme the night it came out, and after a week of playing it, I realized it was incredibly flawed and I didn't see it working. I was always skeptical of the idea, since it was announced, but a lot of people seemed excited for it, so I decided I wouldn't judge until I actually played it. So I went along with everyone and got myself excited for it. After that first week, where I didn't have much fun, I stuck with it for a month and a half, hoping it would change. If it were any other game or server, I would have left immediately, but I love this server, so I gave it the benefit of the doubt. It only got worse. So, after much deliberation, conversation with staff members, and overall just a lot of whining from my end, I took a break and quit. I never said out loud that I thought Extreme would become good. I certaintly hoped it would, but that was way too wishful thinking. A common misconception is that all of those in Legion were server goodie goodies who only spoke of the server in a positive way. The actual truth is that those of us who had our problems just weren't vocal about them, because we knew if we gave up on the server, and joined the hundreds of other players who joined back and hated it, the server would probably have died even sooner. We voiced a lot of our opinions in vc, but never communicated them outside that. This could be its own problem, but to be fair most of the time any of us spoke about our server views in global we were instantly flamed, so we got used to sticking to ourselves.

As for the staff bias, it is kind of hard. I think a core problem here is less so that staff are choosing favorites and more so that staff know who's jokes are made to be funny and are unsure on who's joking at the server's expense. Like if I said f*** you to @Viperfan most staff members know I'm joking and won't care. Cause we do it all the time and they know we're friends. Even then, I have been warned for that some times. But if someone from VoidGang or Exegol said that to Adrian, whether they're joking or not, it seems a lot more hostile. So staff will act on that because in that case it looks like harassment. Obviously this is a little specific, and does not apply to every scenario of staff bias. I haven't seen every example, so I can't possibly comment on all of it, but this was something that I think was seen and perceived as bias. The main point I'm getting at is that staff members often assume intent, which I think is more of an issue. With players they know, they more often than not know what that player meant with their message. With players they don't know, they automatically assume the worst. I'm not entirely sure if that's bias, or just poor judgement. It's really up to opinion at that point.

Either way, I definitely understand where you're coming from. A lot of stuff gets misinterpreted and oftentimes global isn't the best place to express opinions. I've said plenty of stupid things in global to understand that by now. I think both sides, staff and player, need to give each other the benefit of the doubt and just be less hostile towards each other. We're all here to have fun, and when problems arise, it creates so much of a divide that leaves irreversible scars. If we all relax a little bit, talk it out peacefully and in the right environment, like we are right now, I think a lot of these problems could be fixed. Then, maybe, we can go back to being a community that doesn't hate each other for different reasons each day.

Adrian, chloeunicorn12 and Meznik like this.
  6. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

I told Danielrulesman to kill himself, same situation where we are friends and in the same town and I got either a warning or kick for it. Just saying...

Pmx728 likes this.
  7. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Just curious, @CluelessKlutz does Meepcraft have a mission statement?

A mission statement defines the most important values of the community, which we can use to prioritize decisions. Almost all effective organizations have one.

Having a good mission statement is important because you can use it to explain why the server is moving in a certain direction. At this moment, it feels like you are adding frivolous changes that don't align with the interests of the server. (Please take no offense)

Note that people are more motivated and accepting if they understand why a certain project is worked on and others are tossed, even if they personally disagree with the decision.

I suggest you create a mission statement as a team with substantial input from the community. I don't like forms surveys because they create no open discussion, but I'm sure many can pitch in ideas here on the forums. Where do you imagine the server to be in the next 6 months? 1 year? 5 years? Given that vision, what should we really working on?

Jwarian, IFartOnChilren and IzzSt like this.
  8. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

there are SO many words in this thread. so many detailed responses. i just hope that the server can update asap, because that will almost 100% guarantee a longer lifespan. i just have no interest in going to a version as old as 1.12, it's been like almost 3 or maybe even 4 years since 1.12 came out

Achrow, IzzSt and Jwarian like this.
  9. IFartOnChilren

IFartOnChilren Celebrity Meeper Elder

What’s up everyone. Haven’t posted in a while but this caught my eye. A lot of the posts I see in this thread are basically the same posts in older threads and discussions from months earlier. Once you see through all the platitudes and well-versed (more likely insincere) responses to criticism you can kinda tell that nothing is going to change, the player count will continue to dwindle and that nostalgia you’re grasping at by enabling a broken server by continuing to play on it will disappear.

I had so much fun with everyone in Exegol when we started playing again for that first month. The server was popping, everyone was promised towny war and a lot of content that will allow the players to interact with eachother. Something different from what Meep has been for a while. But a bunch of events that were already discussed a lot before prompted myself and others to voice our concerns to the staff. Quarantine was giving Meep a unique opportunity to be exposed to a bunch of people that had nothing better to do, so they’d better capitalize on that or else the player count would drop back to a woeful single digits once people got back out of the house.

Anyway, fast forward and a culmination of blunders caused the server to flop. And unsurprisingly, people are still having the same conversation and debates. What’s best for the server to survive? How do we increase the player count? What game modes and things should we add? Those things have been debated on for literally years. This is a Minecraft server, why the hell is there so much stupid politics? Cut the bullshit. When things like this happen in the real world, the leaders responsible who don’t do a good enough job get fired and replaced. Or they resign. With extreme, maybe the people in charge just weren’t cut out for it. Don’t make promises you can’t fulfill, and then you won’t get shat on. If Fuzzlr was serious about moving the server forward, it wouldn’t be using an outdated version of Minecraft. Fuzzlr is a big boy now and his time is better spent on other things. The only reason why the current people are in charge of things on this server is because Fuzzlr doesn’t care enough about Meep to replace them. And that lack of drive trickles down to the players, because they see it too.

fasehed, Dem0Gorgon, Jackl01 and 9 others like this.
  10. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

All I can say is I am trying my best to not let bias creep into my desire to see things change, but I remember just as you do. I tip my hat to you good sir.
    “All saints have a past and all sinners have a future.”
    It is refreshing to see an opinion from a player who has in some sense, been a staple of the community. It is clear to me that despite your outlook, you still have a desire to see this server somehow find a way to survive and prosper. After all, you took the time to share your thoughts and you reiterate some simple yet important points.

I hope you are wrong with the dire picture you paint. However, seeing the topics that were chosen to be acknowledged and whose responses were commented on, I find it difficult to refute some of your conclusions.

I can’t help but make observations, one being that with the exception of Adrian‘s post, the only people “high staff” specifically addressed in this thread were those whom they are on friendly terms with. Said in other terms: current and former members of Legion/Legend.

I hate to say it but this appears to exemplify a facet of the favoritism myself and others speak of.
    I don’t like that I see this as: “Who is worth their time.”

11. ldaffodil

ldaffodil Popular Meeper

ow, my brain :(
    Too much words! :arghh:

Achrow likes this.
  12. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

6DF4BA21-960C-4FC1-9C30-90CF2987949F.jpeg

13. Midnight_Galaxy

Midnight_Galaxy ✧゚・:*Forever Reading *:・゚✧

:cat:

Erebus45 likes this.
  14. fasehed

fasehed Celebrity Meeper

Saw this thread got necro-ed and wanted to add my input.

I agree 100% with what you say. The current spawn with the current player count paints meepcraft as a dead server. That is not something you want new players to assume when joining. Make spawn smaller and more friendly. Maybe a small town square enclosed in small buildings. Harbor the sense of community at spawn. Meepcraft has always been unique in how important spawn is. Other servers it's simply a place to hold AFK players. Back in 2013 it's where I would meet to make trades, find new players for a town, gather people to fight in the terrarium. The best Architecture and design caters to the human experience, the best Architecture makes a building, a place etc work for you, you don't work for it. Spawn looks impressive from a technical aspect, but falls flat on it's face in every other direction. It doesn't match the feel of Meepcraft, the raw scale is terrifying to me, let alone a new player.

I think the first thing that needs to happen is the acknowledgment that the reason people play Meepcraft over a survival world or their friends realm is the potential for community and the feature set that strengthens this community. The most important part to any community is common ground, a place that everyone knows and everyone goes to. Because of this I think a drastic redesign of spawn is necessary . However not just looks. The Architects and admins need to thoughtfully think about how they want the spawn to portray the server. Spawn has always been the heart of Meepcraft and should be treated as such.

After fixing the issue that is spawn, again as you said we need to reduce the feature set. Focus on the reasons someone would play Meepcraft over a single player world or other server. Now that we have acknowledged the reason people play meep is because of the community and it's features we can develop a very core set of infrastructure. Tools and places everyone shares. Ideally as this happens people feel a reason to come back to Meepcraft and stay. As Meepcraft grows slowly increase the features, games, and places.

I %100 believe the staff want whats best for the server but I think the biggest issue is that no one exactly knows what is best for the server. How can we know what is needed if we don't have a core philosophy on what makes Meepcraft special. Creating a central goal or idea and striving to create the tools and environments necessary to achieve/improve this goal/idea will naturally bring players with it.

EllieEllie, Erebus45 and Adrian like this.
  15. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

I agree with pretty much everything you said but this point in particular hits home.

I have in numerous places(Including the OP) pleaded for Clue to deliver us a vision, “a goal and the path to it”. So far? Nothing besides saying he doesn’t believe in timelines.

Unfortunately, given the events that have transpired since I wrote the post and the lack of any statement close to a vision, or a mission statement, or just “his goals” I become more pessimistic everyday.

A quote from Clue in this thread:

“I would like to promise that we are working on listening, we are changing, and we are already working as hard as we possibly can to make things right.”
    65 Days ago.....

I am sickened by the fact that I see this as virtue signaling, that it reminds me of the government that runs this country. I don’t know how to see this now as anything other than him just lying to us, to me.

On the topic of “We are working on changing”:

I find it puzzling that Clue let Mid(a person who has been a staple of the community and who committed themselves for four years) quit at a time when reintegrating staff and the community is probably the MOST IMPORTANT thing. TF? Seriously, why on earth did this happen!?
    Perhaps she had good reason, family or life, but after this long, why wouldn’t she have just taken a break? This scares me. What if the view from inside is so bleak it made her abandon four years of effort?

I don’t enjoy saying this but I believe providing us a vision is simply beyond Clue’s skillset and I fear he is incapable of change.

Perhaps he is surrounded by too many people who echo his ideas, perhaps that is how he wants it to be. I hate to think he is cozy in his castle. It’s not who I envision him to be, but all I know is what I can see.

@CluelessKlutz Sorry for the shade bro but every day I feel more and more let down. Look around, you know what you have to do, it is obvious.
    You have to be the one to lay the foundation for the future, you can’t keep standing by and watching the old foundation erode away.
    Are the voices in the discord really right when they say you just want the server to yourself and your clique?
    Please don’t let that be the case.

P.S. 65 days and you have yet to acknowledge any of the staff-community relationship issues raised by myself and so many in here.

IzzSt, riri30, Natsu and 2 others like this.
  16. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

That is what the high staff (clue, lord, mid + lower staff of their clique) created, after selected members where removed and ideas consistently shrugged off, coincidently those members where the most vocal when opposing ideas and not being yes men/women.

One of the largest problems the staff team has had is “advocating” and rarely acting upon. Change.

SurvivingSword11 and Natsu like this.
  17. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

The server has a community that wants it to succeed. But the server is not able to be ran with the care necessary for it to be entertaining and worthwhile of people spending their time on it.

I have cared about the server for years (even times I’m not playing. I still check forums daily), and have tried my hand at staff twice. While I have my own personal strengths and weaknesses that made my staff experience interesting, I truly wanted to help the server.

I recognized a bunch of these issues so long ago and was so disheartened by the lack of free time and effort of staff at the time. Until eventually I was using my role as staff as the only reason to keep me logging on. When I realized I was wasting my time (because even as staff, I held no true power) I resigned.

I still care about the server. Hell, if I was asked to help I still would.

The issue isn’t the lack of people that care. I’m 100% sure there are numerous members of the community like me that want the server to succeed because of the positive impact it’s had on our lives. But at the end of the day, we will not be able to do anything more than type these posts on forums.

Upper staff are volunteers that have priorities unrelated to meepcraft. This isn’t saying they aren’t trying to help. But for the server to truly improve you need to 1. Be equipped / able to truly help the server. 2. Have the time to create stuff behind the scenes. And 3. Be trusted enough to actually be able to go and work on the server.

Attaining all 3 is only possible by Smod/Admin, and more specifically, Owner/Admin/Tech.

Do any of our volunteer staff team of the Smod+ fit all 3 criteria?

they are staff, so I do not doubt they want to help the server. Some don’t have #1. I was in this scenario as well.

How do you help the server without having the technical skills to develop updates? Work with the community!

Post the MeepTimes, be active on slack, actively be asking people that have the means to update for progress updates, trying to motivate them so that the server can benefit.

love me or hate me (staff that knew me when I was staff), but I worked my ass off to try to improve the server when I didn’t have #1 or #3. In a time where Clue wasn’t admin. Fuzzlr didn’t play (wow, this never seems to change). Lordinateur was inactive. What was there to do?

It is truly difficult to continue to continue hoping when you are helpless watching something you love depreciate time and time again.

I still have ideas that I believe would help the server, and would gladly defend them if someone actually cares to hear.

But truly, there is still a glaring problem that no one wants to address. The one person that should be personally invested in the success of the server, it’s owner, does not participate with the community. Does not set the tone of the staff team. Does not actively show he cares about the server. Does not try to manage or operate the server (despite there being chance of financial gain before he quit).

You can say he works behind the scenes. But in all honesty, the server would be better off with just about anybody owning the server that had all 3 criteria to be able to help.

Is it disrespectful to say this? Yeah, sure.

But it’s also disrespectful and stupid to neglect your duties as owner while a community wastes thousands of hours trying to keep a server alive when they do not have the means available to them.

cooey, Erebus45, Bloopers and 4 others like this.