1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

I want to get into Coding Games.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by RaidByNightOnly, Feb 16, 2015.

1. RaidByNightOnly

RaidByNightOnly Celebrity Meeper

Soooo where should I start?

2. leodavinci9000

leodavinci9000 Popular Meeper

I think code.org might be a good place to start from scratch. Scratch is also a good program to practice programming too

RaidByNightOnly likes this.
  3. Llamazon

Llamazon Celebrity Meeper

I'm going to learn about coding next year (when I'm in high school)

4. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

I've been using this site for a while. It's really good for JavaScript, Python, Lua, etc.

www.codecombat.com

5. CrazyYoungBro

CrazyYoungBro Popular Meeper

Coursera or android studio

LadyCassandra likes this.
  6. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

Hey, I've been using this site for a while too now, they have tons of courses but they are kinda expensive.

www.youthdigital.com

7. LIAHKIM55

LIAHKIM55 Popular Meeper

I use those

8. Aarett

Aarett Celebrity Meeper

All of the sites given should be good, however be prepared to put in hundreds of hours learning. Good luck m8!

9. flabbadoodle

flabbadoodle Popular Meeper

To be honest, I recommend getting a book. That encourages you to not copy and paste and also its easier to just read. I'm sure online would be good for quick references. But you should try checking out some books about programming from your library and trying them out.

10. Bweesus

Bweesus Meeper

Do you have any coding experience at all? Any particular languages you want to get into?

If no idea, then java's a good start, as there's the availability of modding minecraft and java is a fairly generic language. Most object oriented languages are easy to learn once you know one.

Look at youtube videos, use the above sites, and practice and explore on your own! Experience is the best teacher, so try playing around with your own programs instead of solely using example ones you see.

11. Zoe89

Zoe89 ℓιgнтωєιgнт ςяαzу

For mobile devices, I'd suggest Hopscotch (https://www.gethopscotch.com/) , it's an amazing app for iPads and there are step-by-step tutorials but you can also do whatever you want :)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  12. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

The way I learned how to first program was by reverse engineering a simple program, and then researching how to use new techniques as I needed them. Try that.

13. _MacintoshWave_

_MacintoshWave_ Celebrity Meeper

The app is called swifty on the IOS store and it's free. It teaches you in stages and is very easy to follow! Rn i'm learning about values and aliases 'n' such

14. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

I'd create a separate thread, but why do that when there's this one already? So am also interested in coding, and will check out the mentioned websites, but what languages are easy enough to learn that a nooblord like me can figure out?

15. anikin ultimate

anikin ultimate Popular Meeper

There is a microsoft software called Kodu. You don't exactly code in the way that you think, but for a game, it's very simple and get's you used to the ways you have to code. It's also a lot of fun and you can be creative with it.

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  16. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

Well in class we use to use Grok Learning where you can learn Html CSS and Python. There are 4 different levels being Newbie, Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. You can do a demo for free but if you really want to get into it you can buy a subscription (possibly with your school, it's cheaper I think) and enter competitions and do more code solving problems. :)

codeavengers.com is also a really awesome one too!

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  17. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

I actually do not attend any schools, so that is not an option for me. So I basically just need to use the freebies on the internet. Thanks again everyone!

18. LIAHKIM55

LIAHKIM55 Popular Meeper

Hey try code.org or my favorite.... Codeacademy.com on both you neeed an account, but it is worth it. Like I'm serious

CrazyYoungBro and CluelessKlutz like this.
  19. M0W0G

M0W0G Celebrity Meeper

Once you have learned how to put the commands lines together and want to start creating for yourself check out a program called eclipse im sure most people here use it and so do I, the cool thing is if you make a mistake it will tell you that you made an error and will show you in what margin and when your ready to run it all you have to do is hit run, plus it support basically all programming languages but im learning JAVA SE right now.

20. Strengthened

Strengthened Celebrity Meeper

I'm learning how to code in school. We are using scratch at the moment but we have used codeacademy.com in the past.

M0W0G likes this.