1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

How to Walk Away: a Guide on Becoming a New Person

Discussion in 'Unofficial Guides' started by junelawnchaired, Jan 2, 2017.

1. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

Hello and welcome to my guide. I will be illustrating the art of walking away, more commonly known as quitting.

Background: I have played MeepCraft since 2014(2013?¿) and I have had several hiatus periods. During which I straight up don't play Meep or check the Meep community. As time goes on, everything is forgotten. It's simply inevitable. We just aren't very significant in the grand scheme of things. Which brings me to Meep. Meep is obviously declining in players, and I'm sure many of you are scared as for what to do next. No matter who you are - Meeper or not - you will be faced with this question at some point in your life. I fear that many of you are holding onto this crumbling ledge of Meep in hopes that you can relive the "glory days" or find that spark once again. Now if you do find it, that's great. But for many people it is hard to find the joy that we once did, including me. Now the point of this guide will be to illustrate how to walk away. So without further ado, here it is:

The First Leap: Okay so like stopping any bad habit, you need to get it away from you. Before you do that though, ask yourself: why? Is it because you just don't enjoy it? Do you not like the staff? Do you not like your friends? etc etc. Once you have addressed that, figure out something else to do. For me, it's playing League of Legends, swimming, and focusing on schoolwork. These three things combined with school and work keep me busy and not concentrated on the latest Meep drama (the reason I decided to get away from Meep). Once you have your hobby, I highly recommend you clear your internet history, passwords, delete minecraft or meepcraft from your server list and work on your new hobbies! Many of these said hobbies have online communities as well, so find those! Make new friends! Hey, you might even feel that same spark of enjoyment that you felt on Meep.

Mid-leap: Okay, so you've found some new stuff to do but you feel something missing. This is normal. You're going to miss it. You're going to want to go back but take my word: you will be disappointed and find yourself back on the ledge. Set new, harder goals in those hobbies and achieve them! The New Year is a great opportunity for this. Stay in mid-leap for a while, no worries! You've got time my friend. Once you hardly think of Meep, you're ready to land.

Sticking the landing: Ill be honest, you're always going to think of Meep. If you've been playing since even a month ago, you're going to have that Meep blood in ya. It's hard to ignore! But that's okay! Most of us are on social media and you can even send physical mail if you know them well enough! We're a family y'all, and the server doesn't have to be the end of it. If you do find yourself totally free of Meep thoughts then good for you! I'm proud of you! You are probably doing great things! No matter what you end up doing once you quit directly interacting with Meep, it'll be good, I promise! Why else would we keep on making small kids to experience this ;)

Thank you for reading my guide and I hope you all have a nice NY2k17!

cooey, Aarett, JETUB1 and 8 others like this.
  2. minetifa

minetifa Celebrity Meeper

ok so how do i quit a game ive been playing since i was 3 years old

Khafra likes this.
  3. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

4. minetifa

minetifa Celebrity Meeper

ok but how do you walk away from a minecraft server

Pmx728 and Khafra like this.
  5. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

Glad we all have waifus as our profile pics, including me.

6. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

you're the reason why no one plays this server anymore

Natsu, Muunkee and BlackJack like this.
  7. _Smarties910_

_Smarties910_ Popular Meeper

you are my waifu

Epicdude141 likes this.
  8. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

Obviously these rules don't work, since you returned after one month of quitting.

9. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

i never said i was trying to quit lmao

fyi i quit for like a year no offence

Garde7 likes this.
  10. Garde7

Garde7 Popular Meeper

lol xD
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 6, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 6, 2017 ---
    I like the guide gj @madioson

junelawnchaired likes this.
  11. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

Pick up your online legs (your internet router), throw them in the dump, then wheel away in your wheelchair (your irl legs)

12. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

or
    [​IMG]

Natsu likes this.
  13. TheUrbanAmerican

TheUrbanAmerican Popular Meeper

I will NEVER leave Meep.

14. Aarett

Aarett Celebrity Meeper

I have "left" meep three times now. There is no escape. You will always gravitate back... slowly but surely... ALWAYS

CasualNuker likes this.