1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

How to Run a Successful /pwarp

Discussion in 'Unofficial Guides' started by Legocreator2013, Mar 17, 2017.

?

Was This Article Helpful?

1. Yes Great Overlord Lego

64.3%
  2. No Lego is bad.

35.7%
  1. Legocreator2013

Legocreator2013 Popular Meeper

Many pwarps have unfortunately failed. Long before the reset age I owned a ugly jungle wood tower filled to the brim with every item you could obtain. This massive build limit reaching tower was my unfortunate shop location. chest shops used to be something we only made a few meebs off of due to /pwarp not yet being thought of or introduced. Chest shops weren't anything serious until the new /pwarp command was added. pwarps were and still are a gamble. Those who first tried it made money quickly. One of the most successful pwarps was built by DianaB72. That pwarp was /pwarp shops which no longer exists due to the reset. I wanted to have a shop like that. So I joined the game late with /pwarp a right in my ugly jungle tower shop. I made several errors in the old meep with that pwarp and learned from them. my current post-reset pwarp /pwarp $ has grown and even flourished unlike my old pwarp due to me learning from my previous mistakes. I'm here to tell you what those mistakes were so you can learn them from me and not by making them yourself.

The most important part is to know that you need to have a good amount of money to fall back on before you buy. You are immediately charged $30,000 to buy a pwarp $1,000 will be charged daily (this may be changed if you are reading this after it was written) as a sort of tax for owning a pwarp. I recommend you have at the very least $60,000 before you buy. It's important that you do not rush into buying if you do not have the funds to make up for a loss of money. Understand it is likely that for a while you will lose money to the pwarp. It takes time to make money from a pwarp which brings me to my next point.

Advertisement through /tr is crucial. If you do not advertise frequently while online people will not come.
    Have a small ad for you to copy and paste into the chat within the character limit. one of mine that is more simple is "/tr to buy cheap items type /pwarp $" mine changes often so people are less likely to look it over from a day to day basis. Though you want to advertise often do not spam. Not only is it illegal to get spammy it will annoy players and make them stay away from your pwarp because it causes them a headache. Posting every few minutes in chat is good. I have seen this done so I must mention it though people do not usually do it. Do NOT lie in your advertisements.

Be weary of what the community thinks of you. Do not engage in political debates on the forums regardless of whether or not your opinion is popular. Your job is to make friends not enemies. Despite my belief you should not hate someone due to a political disagreement people still do it. If you are an image of controversy you will not be very successful. Avoid political talks in general even if your opinion is neutral and always be kind.

As far as location goes find or build a place that is large enough to house your chest shops and is attractive to the eye. Don't make a jungle wood tower that reaches the build limit. If you make your way to /pwarp $ you will see I have built a Fortress that contains my shop inside. It took me 7 hours but was well worth the time spent building it. If you aren't a good builder have yours built or buy an already built location.

When you're deciding what to sell there are two paths to take. One path is to sell what you can produce on your own through Mining, enchanting, ect. chest shops have a buy and a sell setting that are both optional.
    If you can produce the items on your own as quickly as they are consumed there is no need to have a sell option. The other way to run your shop is the way I run mine. Have a buy and sell function on almost everything because some of the things I sell I don't produce on my own. It's very important that you realize if you chose my way that people will want to sell more often than buy. You need to do two things to combat it. make sure the sell part of your chest shop is at least 50% lower than the buy so you can make money. second is to fill the chests completely either with the goods you are selling or with some of what you are selling and a cheap block filling all the other slots in the chest so nobody oversells enchanted tables to you and you lose over $20k in less than 15 minutes. (Yes that has happened to me as well) for items that are stackable make sure that you add one stack at a time and not a partial stack so you don't have one diamond for sale and someone sells you 63.

When you set chest shop prices check the Vshop and most importantly other pwarps. They will be your competition. There is 1 exception to this rule. If someone is selling diamonds for $20 each do not make yours $19.99. they will lose their money soon and once they run out they will have lost money and you will eventually gain.

In the case that you want to make slots or have only slots make sure you have reasonable prices to where you will still make money but it is not impossible for your costumers to profit. I have both chest shops and slots at /pwarp $.

The last and very important thing is that you decide whether or not owning a pwarp is right for you. If you are rarely online and/or not confident do not buy a pwarp. If you have decided to embark on this journey then make sure when you choose a name you make it something people can remember and don't change it. I hope I have shed light on this topic that many have asked me to talk about. I figured it was best for me to write a forums post about this. Also buy my stuff at /pwarp $

2. buttfly29

buttfly29 Popular Meeper

just stab roxy take the cash and make a pwarp that throws away millions of diamonds

SuperDyl and Vexmae like this.
  3. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Cool guide, sounds like you know what you are doing, haha. Move this to Unofficial guides?

4. TheTastyNacho

TheTastyNacho Celebrity Meeper

This is literally just an advertisement for /pwarp $ disguised as a guide.

SuperDyl likes this.
  5. Legocreator2013

Not true actually. I use my pwarp as an example but I also tell the secrets to other pwarps. If I wanted to make an ad I would have. not counting the buy my stuff part at the end which was more of a joke.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    SuperDyl likes this.
  6. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

ad*

SuperDyl likes this.
  7. TheTastyNacho

TheTastyNacho Celebrity Meeper

Ad

SuperDyl likes this.
  8. Legocreator2013

Thanks for noticing. I have an issue with double tapping my keys. Darn red lines not appearing to save me!

9. ldaffodil

ldaffodil Popular Meeper

One suggestion: if you make a chest shop with buy/sell which isn't full, anticipate that it will quickly fill up. There's lot of players like myself that are just sitting on massive stocks of most items.

Also, it's really nice to have a double chest with buy 1 and buy 64 signs beside one another for the same item.. :D

10. 2leah2

2leah2 Celebrity Meeper

thanks

Summers likes this.
  11. Legocreator2013

The point to that is so that it doesn't fill up. When players first start out with let's say $30k by the time they start a pwarp one can easily sell several stacks of TNT and bankrupt them in less than 5 minutes. It isn't that sellers try to do this, but it does and will continue to happen. If you're a player like me in /baltop 3 or higher it isn't that important anymore. Before the reset I was sold so much I became broke twice. So I would advise filling them with useless blocks so you aren't sold out of business for the duration of their inevitable slow start.

SuperDyl likes this.
  12. Bolthur

Bolthur Popular Meeper

So sad that you would mention successful pwarps and not mention /Pwarp Grind with all the free spawner grinders including silverfish and pig :'(

smk likes this.