1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: How to Move Threads and not Fail -- A Guide for the Staff

1. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

[​IMG]

Oh no! The return of the redirects!

On the old forums, I had created a forum thread on the original forums, describing how to move a thread properly, without an annoying redirect to the Archives, a place that the normal staff can't see. Chicka2b2b even stickied it! o: I thought I would create a thread showing the new staff how to move threads... and not fail. Ok, so here we go!

----------------------------------------------

REDIRECTS ARE ANNOYING AND NOBODY LIKES THEM.

WHEN I SEE A REDIRECT, I DO 'DIS:

[​IMG]

What is a redirect? A redirect is a default XenForo capability that is activated when someone moves a thread. In place of the original thread, a "redirect" arrow is visible, and will take users to where the thread is now.

The problems: 90% of forum thread movements are to the archive, or Payne's Closet, as we call it. To avoid players clicking on these unnecessary and obsolete arrows that will lead them to a permission error, here is a basic tutorial I have written.
    HOW TO MOVE THREADS AND NOT FAIL
    by DancingCactus

Step 1:

Select the thread(s) that you would like moved through the multiple thread selector like this...
    [​IMG]
    Step 2:

Select the "Move Threads" option on the drop down menu.
    [​IMG]

Step 3:

BE SURE to deselect the redirect option and click the one circled by a red line.
    [​IMG]

Select the forum you would like the thread to go, add an applicable prefix if necessary, and voila!

Step 4:

Bask in your glory of being able to move a thread properly.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  2. Sarahdisme

Sarahdisme Well-Known Meeper

[​IMG]
    This thread. Is this cat.

3. reggles44

reggles44 NANA NaNa nana NaNa NANA NaNa nana NaNa, REGGLES! Elder

4. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

5. SSSoul

SSSoul Celebrity Meeper

Best Gif ever