1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

How to: Connect to Meep TS3

Discussion in 'Unofficial Guides' started by Quaddy, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Quaddy

Quaddy Retired | SuperDuperMegaTrooper

Hi guys/gals, as I roamed the guides sub-forum, I discovered that no one had created a how to for the Meep TS (If they have I must be blind and I apologize).
    I will be organizing this guide 4 parts,
    • Install
    • Setup
    • Connect
    • Navigate

1. Install

If you didn't know, TeamSpeak is a client that allows users to communicate through both voice, and text by joining "servers" that can be both privately and publicly hosted.

First to install it, you want to navigate to the TeamSpeak downloads page located here.
    - Once there, you want to download either the 32/64 bit version of the client.
    (If you have trouble locating it- you can view what it looks like here: http://i.imgur.com/FiOPFYv.png)
    After you've successfully downloaded the installer; you wan't to run it. Beware: It's not an incredibly large install, but it may take longer for some users.

2. Setup

On the first run you will be prompted with the "Setup Wizard". This is where you will be able to configure the program to your liking, and setup your hot-keys along with your microphone and speaker settings. One thing to remember is your Nickname should be the same as your In-Game Name as this is required when connected to the Meep TS. -http://imgur.com/YIHpv4o

Once you have setup everything to your liking and have tested your Mic and Speakers you are ready to log-in to the Meep TeamSpeak server!

3. Connect

Your client is now open, and you're ready to connect. The first thing you want to do is click the tab on the top left of the TS client called "Connections". Once you have clicked this you're going to want to go one step further and click "Connect". -http://i.imgur.com/QOLelXg.png

Finally the home stretch to connecting to a server, if you located and clicked "Connect"; a new tab should have appeared on your screen with the fields "Server Address", "Nickname, and "Server Password". The only one of these fields you have to worry about at the moment is Server Address. What your going to want to do is delete the text already existing in that field and enter the Meep TS ip in that field- ts.meepcraft.com. Ex: http://i.imgur.com/DX1dt7s.png

Hopefully, if my instructions were anywhere decent you have connected to the Meep TeamSpeak!

4. Navigate

If you've completed the previous three steps then you are either sitting in the Lobby channel or are too good for this guide and have gone navigating the Meep TeamSpeak with ease. If you're asking yourself now, how do I begin talking with people- well that's an easy answer!

The first "Channel" that a user logs into when joining a TS server is usually the "Lobby" server. On Meep, the Lobby server is muted to all users so you have to join another channel to begin voice chatting. This can be done by simply double-clicking on a channel title. -http://i.imgur.com/zdZMBjb.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Note: This is a Windows tutorial, I'm sure the Mac install must not be much different but as I am not a mac user I do not know.

I hope this helped any one having trouble with connecting to Meep TS, and if you have any questions/corrections feel free to reply. :)

cooey, jmelara, Cherrykit and 10 others like this.
  2. Telinus

Telinus Celebrity Meeper

Good guide. You can out the links into the 'Image' section if you choose, where it says to put a URL, therefore placing the actual image on the page. Just a suggestion. ;)

3. Quaddy

Quaddy Retired | SuperDuperMegaTrooper

I felt the images would create an enormous thread, which I wasn't looking to make. Just posted the links to conserve space :D Thanks for the reply.

KaiUsesThis likes this.
  4. Robot2065

Robot2065 Popular Meeper

Is it any different than Mac when you install other than which one you download?

5. gaeibel46

gaeibel46 Meeper

idk ill check

6. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

Again, please read the date under the question :)

7. red_stone_sucker

red_stone_sucker Popular Meeper

lmao

8. triscope

triscope Celebrity Meeper

is the nickname on the last example what your name will be on the thing?

9. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

Yes

10. Wiggle_Waggle

Wiggle_Waggle Popular Meeper

how do you download it for mac? @Quaddy

11. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

12. Wiggle_Waggle

Wiggle_Waggle Popular Meeper

you have the old version of TS. Would you mind doing it with the newer version of TS to help some of us with the new version
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 25, 2016, Original Post Date: Jul 25, 2016 ---
    would you run through it with me over Skype? @Muunkee

13. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Those are the newest clients from their official website, dunno what to tell you, yes you can skype me it's in my sig