1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

HOW TO BYPASS THE STUPID EULA

Discussion in 'Denied' started by BaM_Nitro, May 7, 2016.

1. BaM_Nitro

BaM_Nitro ஜ۩▬Retired▬ஜ۩

Enron, Viperfan, Cherrykit and 8 others like this.
  2. kyle_docherty7

kyle_docherty7 Popular Meeper

I refuse to give Kemestar a view.

3. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

We are either EULA compliant or get shut down there is no way to bypass it without consequences. I don't think people are understanding what is really going on.

4. FunGUY

FunGUY Popular Meeper

Bam_Nitro first off, thank you for making this thread. Second, give donors all the old perks make the perks buyable for anyone for a million meebles bam loop hole. It is legal because the minecraft Eula states that any perks must be buyable through soft currency. Therefor, we can keep our perks and the rich cits will get them too. Not that much of a downfall eh?
    --- Double Post Merged, May 7, 2016, Original Post Date: May 7, 2016 ---
    Please be smart Fuzzlr (I don't want to say Miguel because it makes me look to demanding :p). At least look at/consider this idea. It could save your precious gold mine.

Edit: Not gold mine Money Cushion*

Lady_Hestia and Cookieman513 like this.
  5. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

^^ lol knowledge

Toostenheimer, metr0n0me and FunGUY like this.
  6. BaM_Nitro

BaM_Nitro ஜ۩▬Retired▬ஜ۩

the thing is that people are actually bypassing it. if you watch the video they explain how EULA takes in place after 1.9.2 and by staying on 1.8 EULA wont effect it. idk this was a opinion since other server are doing it and i was just trying to help. worst case meep will shut down which will happen eventually due to funds

7. fasehed

fasehed Celebrity Meeper

No thats not how it works sorry. Another part of the EULA says that all players need to have the same fairness and amount of chance to get the item, so having some people pay real life money to get it for free in the game is not EULA compliant.

Empoleon_master likes this.
  8. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Yeah, pretty sure that is what MeepCraft is doing as well. That is, until Mojang laughed and told them change it or shut down.

Edit: In fact, I remember Onis specifically mentioning this.

cooey, metr0n0me, Epicdude141 and 6 others like this.
  9. benster82

benster82 Celebrity Meeper

I don't even understand why that has to be a rule. If someone thinks a server is unfair, then they can choose the thousands of other servers.

fasehed likes this.
  10. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

Mojang contacted us, and told us to change it, It was so short notice that all the admins dropped everything in real life for an Emergency Admin Meeting, to get things set up the way they are now.

I understand everyone is upset but it was this or no more meepcraft.

11. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

If we didn't change, and Meepcraft had to be shut down, I would have nothing to do on Minecraft. I'm being completely honest here, Meepcraft has been one of those things that just sticks to you and never leaves. I've been here for almost four years, I don't want to see this server go already.

Enron, cooey, Pmx728 and 7 others like this.
  12. zsuzsu1

zsuzsu1 Popular Meeper

but they cant actually shut meep without blacklisting them in the new update

13. TechnoTyson

TechnoTyson Popular Meeper

Well meep is up and those other servers are down, hmm what would u like to play on?

14. _Gimble_1.

_Gimble_1. Popular Meeper

Well, time to start email spamming Microsoft employees...

Enron, Lady_Hestia and Marshy_88 like this.
  15. NuckleMuckle

NuckleMuckle Popular Meeper

They can seek a court order to shut down Meepcraft, and sue the owner for compensatory damages.

16. FunGUY

FunGUY Popular Meeper

Thank you for giving us a more depict image of what's happening

KaiUsesThis likes this.
  17. Dem0Gorgon

Dem0Gorgon Celebrity Meeper

going to be no more meepcraft anyway
    --- Double Post Merged, May 7, 2016, Original Post Date: May 7, 2016 ---
    bought our ultimate before eula was even a thing

BaM_Nitro likes this.
  18. FunGUY

FunGUY Popular Meeper

Your profile pic scared me when I was scrolling down alerts geez.

Dem0Gorgon likes this.
  19. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

Oh boy, let me break this down for you:

That server was on that blacklisted list as seen. This means that after 1.9.whatever people will be unable to connect to it. It is also one of the largest servers on minecraft I believe

Meepcraft is not on the blacklist, but may end up on the blacklist if we didn't do what was the right thing and change the perks. We do not have the players to try and hold out from upgrading.

Furthermore, the EULA is a legal document that encompasses all versions of minecraft. Doing what that dumb server owner is trying to do can get him and us into legal trouble still. By not upgrading the server, chances are that in the near future the server will end up dead in the water because players aren't gonna downgrade their clients to play one server. Even if they do, meepcraft does not have the player-count to try and attempt this manuever. Basically, the EULA is a legal document that I'm sure mojangs lawyers will be more than happy to have a hay-day with. I'm actually surprised they haven't started suing server owners for violating it. This blacklist is just one of the many ways that mojang has to try and enforce it.

"But epic how are we as a playerbase/server bound to the EULA"
    By logging into the game or even having it on your computer, you are bound to the EULA.

"If you buy, download, use or play our Game, you are agreeing to stick to the rules of these end user license agreement ("EULA") terms. If you don't want to or can't agree to these rules, then you must not buy, download, use or play our Game."

Doing this blatant publicity stunt will end up with nothing in the future. How do I know its a publicity stunt? Who tf in their self-respecting mind complains about something to keemstar.

Toostenheimer, metr0n0me and FunGUY like this.
  20. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

Please understand that things are still changing and we are still open to suggestions. I'm not sure what you're suggesting here with with 9 minute video. If you have a legitimate idea that you can explain in words, you are more than welcome to write it up and post. Thank you but this is denied.

Pmx728 likes this.