1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

How much longer boss?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Jwarian, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

38C46308-1774-473B-9429-DCC27B70FC02.jpeg
    Care to do meepcraft a solid and actually address these things? @CluelessKlutz

If that’s too much to ask, care to explain why you like that post?

9/8/20 Edit: I am looking for a public facing statement to the entire community from you boss, something we can hold you accountable to.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    Adrian, Sqreix, Ace and 7 others like this.
  2. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Clueless does not have the means to save the server alone. Live with it.

He has the ability, he has the trust. He does not have the time.

No one that has the ability and trust has the time. So development will be slow or nonexistent unless something drastic in the structure changes.

3. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

I like posts when I feel they provide meaningful criticism or feedback, to which I am currently working towards actually but also juggling my own job and academic career.

Adrian and Deljikho like this.
  4. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

Little confused, elaborate on the trust part? My observations over the last few months seem to make it clear that the community is suffering from gross mistreatment essentially rendering server development pointless. That gets fixed with honesty, not time.
    Perhaps you were just talking about fuzzlr’s trust.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 3, 2020, Original Post Date: Sep 3, 2020 ---
    Ok, figured you were trying to disarm the post.
    Not to sound like DarkKnight but
    Day 67
    :/

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  5. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Makes more sense if you read my reply to the other thread first.

tl;dr: Only people that can really help are Smod+. But to help the have to 1. Have the skill / technical skills to be able to develop the server. 2. Have the time to help. 3. Have the trust to actually implement changes (in your words, “fuzzlr’s trust”)

6. Silver01

Silver01 Celebrity Meeper

The majority of problems that nonstaff have with high staff is that they overly moderate things that they should not moderate and decide to do action when inaction would be preferred by the playerbase. We want them to do less, not more. The only action that we demand is reverse damages that have been done by staff themselves.

cooey, Erebus45, Thee Boss and 5 others like this.
  7. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

Day 72

I want to reiterate that no server updates will accomplish anything when the issue at the core is the public perception of your values and priorities. 72 days speaks volumes to this point.

I hear your argument about being busy or whatnot and remind you that if you spent just ~half as much time on writing an open letter to the community(do you even want one?) as you do discussing computer parts and posting memes in discord, you could have written us a book by now.

Perhaps try to convince Mid to come back? Or give me the damn job of pulling your head down from the clouds.

It isn’t that hard to acknowledge your flaws and try to change them. Although, if you are only surrounded by those who agree with you and echo your views, I could see how you could fall into the false sense of believing you are doing enough.

Clue, you aren’t.
    Meep doesn’t need a developer, it needs a leader.
    Someone who can instill hope, optimism and provide those of us who need it: A vision of the path forward.

I will stop when we reach day 117, if you haven’t changed by then, I will officially give the fuck up. Only heaven knows why I haven’t yet.

Edit for a tag. @CluelessKlutz

8. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

It would be easy enough to just write something out were I doing it solo, as I've done many times before, yet those times haven't ended up working out. As a staff team we are formulating the direction of the server both by reason and checking it against the results of our last survey. There have been a lot of responses and sifting through those takes time, as does finding a united direction behind which we can get behind. It'll come out when it's ready. We aren't rushing anything again.

TotallyNotNotch and Adrian like this.
  9. TotallyNotNotch

TotallyNotNotch Active Meeper

[​IMG]

Adrian and Pmx728 like this.
  10. LordMellow

LordMellow SuperMellow

Over 4450 responses we gotta sift through (89 questions * 50+ responses). While a lot of them are yes or no, most of them are worded, these responses have taken multiple hours (per question) to go through

We're doing our best to go through all the responses and apply them to the direction of the server.

We aren't gonna rush, these things just take time and we want to do it right.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    Adrian and CluelessKlutz like this.
  11. Blendyz

Blendyz Hipster for Life ♥

By the way, because you used Google Forms for the survey, it is very easy to convert the data to a spreadsheet for *most* of the questions and look at the data as a graph. This is what you should be doing. There is no way your brain is going to be able to look at a series of yeses and noes and interpret it in any way that is meaningful. Even for the multiple choice ones you can generate a pie chart and see where the majority of the responses are. If you need help with analyzing the data, feel free to message me and I would be happy to help.

12. LordMellow

LordMellow SuperMellow

Thank you, we've actually been doing this. I appreciate it though :).

13. Ace

Ace Celebrity Meeper

It's sad that it wasn't addressed at all after a long period. Then they gave someone admin on a server with 1-2 playerbase. Rip Meepcraft. It was fun.

Edit: I realised that two people were given admin. While we had someone who has been a valuable asset but stripped out of Smod. I'm not shitting on those two people and congrats for getting admin I guess?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020