1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

/hours command

Discussion in 'Denied' started by lanekids40, Jan 10, 2018.

?

is this a good idea?

1. yes

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. ur ideas suck bro

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

so today I asked lord this on discord (attached file) and he told me to sell the idea
    here is what I said:
    the plugin would track a players in game seconds minutes hours and days and when using the command it would tell you the data. possibly where the time is spent example: player lanekids40 has spent a total of 2 days 14 hours 32 minutes and 12 seconds in world towns; 2 hours 17 minutes and 32 seconds in world spawn;(ect.)

or you could do /hours lanekids40 towny to give player lanekids40 has spent a total of 2 days 14 hours 32 minutes and 12 seconds in world towns. this might also include /hours lanekids40 total to give player lanekids40 has spent a total of 18 days 18 hours 54 minutes and 12 seconds on meepcraft

you could also check dates like /hours lanekids40 1-10-18 would give player lanekids40 has not been online on 1-10-18. this could be used on applications so players could better find out about how long they are on on weekdays and weekends

so meep, what do you think?

Attached Files:

iKitten, SuperDyl and Pmx728 like this.
  2. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

What would be the purpose of this? What would it benefit besides helping the apps which is a general estimate anyways! I don’t see a need for this or a wow factor that we just have to have it.

3. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

2018-01-10_13.46.50.png Just discuss each others statistics, a command to see this isn't needed

4. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

is this global or for the server?

SuperDyl likes this.
  5. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

statistics in minecraft are saved per world, so I know I've played 100 hours of parkour, 400 hours of towny, etc. (fun fact: I've spent almost 9 hours shifting in parkour total)

SpongeyStar, Hyori, iKitten and 2 others like this.
  6. evilalec555

evilalec555 Celebrity Meeper

I do not want to see this it would make me realize how I have wasted my life -1

7. ekjhgekuie

ekjhgekuie Celebrity Meeper

yeah we need dis notes amirite. wow factor!

8. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

This suggestion is an interesting one, because when you suggested it earlier I didn't think that we would give it much thought when we denied it. However, we have decided to accept it.

We're currently in the middle of overhauling some of the MeepCraft infrastructure for easier plugin development and smoother communication/teleportation capabilities. With this development, we are also considering adding in the ability for us to track a player's time so that we can use that to encourage people to keep playing (maybe in the form of prizes if they play for 100 hours or something). So, we have decided to implement this, but not as a superficial /hours plugin, but rather as a base feature of our upcoming infrastructure update.

Accepted.