1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Holiday Events!

Discussion in 'Completed' started by Vexmae, Apr 10, 2018.

?

Would you like to see more attention brought to a wider variety of Holidays?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

so me and @Courtneyyy was having a lil' discussion, and we thought it'd be nice to have mini events for holidays that are not as celebrated as those as popular, such as Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines etc, we came up with one idea of customizing spleef to a colour theme of each holiday, to bring some attention to holidays and make people not feel as left out (cause as you all know, on Meep we have a varying community and would like everyone to feel at home!)

We wanted to find out what everyone else thought of this idea, whether you think this is a good idea, or possibly just a waste of time and thinking, but please, if you have a better suggestion please do say!

(also if you're feeling lazy there is a poll up there so do us a favour and clicky clicky)

SuperDyl, riri30, bloodyghost and 4 others like this.
  2. PixelPooter

PixelPooter Celebrity Meeper

3. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

But... Everyone is from the US and the staff are UK/Autistralia?

What about July 4 (American Independence Day), October 31 (American Halloween, you didn't list it, though we had some half-ass event for it last year) New Zealand bank day (whenever that is because it has a fun name) or whatever it is y'all celebrate in the U.K.

Maybe do seasonal events (no prizes or anything just give it a summer/fall/spring vibe at appropriate times, of course it's probably more work than it's worth but it might be cool)

However, most of the events have been bland, uninteresting, and grindy at best. I can't speak for Easter, but Halloween and Christmas were hardly playable, except for the economy-breaking rewards. Maybe remove so much rewards and grindy aspects, by making players compete against each other rather than mobs or whatever. (For example a leaderboard of who's Killed the most mobs with the top 5 receiving appropriate collectible items rather than shattering the economy with a fairly easy to obtain unbreakable pickaxe)

Tldr; make us compete against each other for smaller rewards.

Like a summer spleef event could be fun!
    (Who's won the most games this summer or something idk, too easy to exploit but that's a basic idea)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    lanekids40 and alex77034 like this.
  4. evilalec555

evilalec555 Celebrity Meeper

Na -1 fuzz don’t celebrate no Ramadan

5. Vexmae

I'm meaning to celebrate holidays that are celebrated by those not in America or the UK or Austrailia. we already have many in that area

Magnoot likes this.
  6. lollisweet101

lollisweet101 Celebrity Meeper

As the quote below me says, I think we should have seasonal decor around spawn, since it's around springtime. Instead of doing holidays that aren't widely celebrated for a day, we should have the 4 seasons winter, spring, summer, & fall/autumn.

SuperDyl and FamousZAmos like this.
  7. FamousZAmos

No significant amount of players lives outside the US, UK, or Australia
    Yes, we have that one Swiss guy. And the Greek one. And the NZ sponge. But realistically, we don't have enough others to bother about. Will you really confuse the 98% for the 2%, especially since their language isn't allowed?

alex77034 likes this.
  8. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

armor with a speed boost, unbr 5 elytra, god sword w/ sweeping edge 5 (and looting 3 but I dont remember) and yes its grindy as all hell
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 10, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 10, 2018 ---
    ^^^

FamousZAmos likes this.
  9. FamousZAmos

Oh wow something unique that doesn't shatter the eco?
    ah yes the other shoe drops

Honestly the events existing at all seems pointless. I would never invite someone to meep to try an event, they ruin the eco for the current players, and waste the tech's time. What is the point @whoeverishouldmention

Let's go with @NinjaRoxy

10. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

the problem with the events AND quests is that they are the exact same every time. fetch quests are not fun nor entertaining, and events are just killing mobs and wasting armor for eco killing items.

11. LargeUnit

LargeUnit Celebrity Meeper

sounds like a pain in the bum bum

12. Vexmae

Well, we can't stick to mob grinding events as they don't appease everyone, I for one don't want to be spending hours punching mobs with a chance of something to drop, I'm just wanting to bring some attention to celebrations that aren't as widely celebrated as the bigger ones, and as for the eco, simply redecorating spleef won't do anything to the eco, as spleef gives a reward no matter what it looks like, I just thought it'd be nice to make those not living in the widely known areas, and for us to add in more celebrations to make meep seem as lively as ever, such as we could have pinks, yellows, blue and all bright colours in a spleef arena to celebrate the day of the dead!

SuperDyl and Magnoot like this.
  13. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

hahaha lmao what I didn't even know we had that

Lilliya likes this.
  14. ekjhgekuie

ekjhgekuie Celebrity Meeper

Competitions between players with custom item prizes would be fantastic, kind of like the old mob arenas where it was a swarm of people and staff flew around spawning in mobs of all sorts.

15. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

Also, what are the current holidays meep celebrates? (as in what holidays is the spawn decorated for)

16. Zesk

Zesk Well-Known Meeper

why celebrate a varied community and ban them from speaking their language

FamousZAmos likes this.
  17. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

Adding on to that:
    Winter is December 21- March 19
    Spring is March 20- June 20
    Summer is June 21- September 21
    Fall is September 22- December 20
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 22, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 22, 2018 ---
    we should add the 4th of July to make vex and other british people feel bad that they lost. lol

18. FamousZAmos

When youre such a rich white kid that you don't care about freedom just that we won

Zesk likes this.
  19. Vexmae

wanna go?

This thread was made for the purpose that we celebrate events that aren't so well known, this DOES NOT INCLUDE 4th of July as that is a known event and is celebrated in america.
    Also for the record I couldn't care because we have tea and no guns, so hah

20. andrewrobins

andrewrobins My views are my own.

Happy St. George’s day!

SuperDyl and J055Y_ like this.