1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Hippapajo's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by hippapajo, May 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hippapajo

hippapajo Popular Meeper

IGN: hippapajo
    TeamSpeak: hippapajo
    Microphone Use: Yes
    Timezone: EST (East Coast US & Canada)
    Hours online per week: 6-6½
    Hours online per weekend: 6-7½
    Position Changes: Citizen (VIP) to Helper

Introduction
    These are so much harder than they look to write… xD

Hello! My name is Blue Tannery, and I am a 13 year old Minecraft player who is very often online, hanging out and attempting to earn money for the next rank. I enjoy MeepCraft immensely, and I have played MeepCraft for at least a year, possibly longer. I remember the old Terrarium underneath spawn, back when iiWars was a staffer, and what Meep was like pre-MeepNetworks, what with the Terrarium beneath the spawn and when MeGustaYou wasn’t even staff. I think I am ready for this.

Why should you be Helper/Mod?

Experience
    I have been playing on MeepCraft for at least a year and a half, even though I only re-joined last July. I have been playing Minecraft, however, for at least three years. I think I have sufficient experience in both categories.

Work Ethic
    I have something of a procrastination problem. I can get things done, generally, but I have a tendency to wait until the last possible moment to do it. For instance, I’ve heard that modreq response counts are a really big thing when it comes to being staff. If your modreq response count is high, it represents a sort of dedication to the server. I think I could handle modreqs relatively easily.

Involvement
    Something I’ve noticed about MeepCraft is that lots of people seem to think that Helpers are inherently lesser than Moderators or Administrators. While they are ranked lower, their purpose is just as, if not more important than that of a Moderator. While a Mod keep the server safe, the Helpers make sure everyone understands, solve conflicts, answer questions, and more. Maybe in another six months I can move to Moderator (if I get that far!), but for now I’m focusing on working with others.

Justification
    I love MeepCraft, it’s just a fact. I want to help out and make MeepCraft the best MeepCraft it can be. Just like I’m trying to make me the best me I can be, I want to do the same for Meep. I think being part of the staff team that does that would enable me to do that to my fullest extent.

Assistance
    I realize that what I’ve been talking about doesn’t apply to being a Helper all that much, but would better work under a Helper-Moderator application. Being a Helper entails working directly in the community, talking and being around players and interacting much more than the other staff positions. As the primary /modreq handlers, Helpers are there to help the community. I think I can handle that quite well.

Weaknesses
    Something I generally view as a negative characteristic is that I am very stubborn, hard-headed, et cetera. However, in this case, I feel like stubbornness is an aiding quality, so I can stick to it and kick/ban anyone past when they would have thought I would’ve given up.
    I am very emotional. Everything anyone says to me is processed and responded to by my emotional center before I even have a chance to think about it. It can cloud my judgement, but I am working on it and I’ve made considerable progress since joining MeepCraft.
    I also have a tendency to blurt out what later turns out to be the most awkward possible thing to say in that situation, but I am learning and it has been happening less and less.

Crime Record/TeamSpeak and Skype
    I have a bit of a crime record. I was once temp-banned for two hours for /shouting the following message:
    “Wow, you guys are H A R D on spammers!”
    Another time, I was banned for a day due to an unfortunate misunderstanding involving another player and a sex ref. The confusion was cleared up.
    I use TeamSpeak pretty often to listen to the MeepCraft server, although I don’t talk very often, because my microphone isn’t very good and I always feel super self-conscious. I am on Skype or check Skype relatively often, and I expect that amount of time will increase if I earn this position.

Conclusion
    Well, all in all, I think I would be a good addition to the staff team. I have a leadership-type personality, which would help in guiding players in the right directions. I love this server, and I'm tired of constant swearing, advertising, referencing, and hacking in the areas where no one moderates commonly, such /spawn and /warp parkour, even occasionally in /warp kitpvp.

Thank you for taking the time to read and consider my application,
    –hippapajo

Khafra, Raegan1030 and SirCallow like this.
  2. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

Idk how I feel.

+\-

3. Cascade1324

Cascade1324 Celebrity Meeper

Not the most active person on forums. Your forum rank is member so in my eyes that isn't active enough on forums. I can't actually ever remember seeing you online so that would mean not enough activity. This could possible be because of different time zones. Your app was alright.

4. Ninja_of_Tempest

Ninja_of_Tempest Celebrity Meeper

Don't see much in-game and we are in the same timezone. You are very immature and not very helpful.

5. hippapajo

hippapajo Popular Meeper

Hey, Cascade, LOL I just got Active Member! xD

6. Sqreix

Sqreix Celebrity Meeper

Never seen you in teamspeak
    I barely even see you in game and forums.
    Doesn't help whenever you're on
    Uhh. just -1 for now
    Good luck hipppapapapappapa!!!

Cascade1324 likes this.
  7. Cascade1324

Cascade1324 Celebrity Meeper

Lol good for you but still you only just got active member and I still think that isn't active enough on forums YET

8. 00000

00000 Guest

+/-
    Somewhat Active
    Rarely Helping
    Nice

9. SirCallow

SirCallow Legendary Meeper

You seem nice and always say hi when you see me in chat. +.5

10. Raegan1030

Raegan1030 Popular Meeper

Sort of argumentive
    Not active ingame/on forums, the rank lies a bit, it's just trophy points brah. c;
    Immature
    Have never saw you on TS, but I understand you, I stalk, not talk, because my mic sucks and it echoes.

Good luck! But right now, I don't think you are a fit. c:

11. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Your app wasn't very professional. I see you in shout a ton now, you're noticed and lots of people know you, but you are immature, and you also lack TS activity.
    I'm not leaving a vote because we're friends and I don't want it to sound biased. GL Hippa!

12. rAwsondayc

rAwsondayc Celebrity Meeper

The App was pretty pointless when it came to the "Why should you be staff" section (the whole thing), you kinda just explained what an average Staff does, not how you can be better then the next guy applying.
    I see you ingame, not helping.
    I see you on ts, in a channel by yourself, not talking usually.

-1 for now. You need: Activity up, helping up, and better app.

Videogames321 and emmettz24 like this.
  13. hippapajo

hippapajo Popular Meeper

I noticed that, actually. After I posted it, I realized I had not really touched on that. Too late now, I suppose.
    Thanks anyway to everyone!

rAwsondayc likes this.
  14. emmettz24

emmettz24 Celebrity Meeper

Saying this makes you look like you are very desperate for this position. That is not a good aspect for staff, if someone has an opinion on you, don't reply to someone's opinion in a negative way, it's their opinon. Therefore I am going to -1 due to lack of responsibility, inactivity ingame and on Teamspeak.

15. RaidByNightOnly

RaidByNightOnly Celebrity Meeper

I rarely see you in shout
    Rather New to Forums
    BUT
    Seems cool
    Decent App
    Overall -.05

EDIT: Due to looking over the other comments and how desperate you seem

16. Splendy

Splendy Celebrity Meeper

• Real nice person
    • Somewhat helpful
    • Immature (a little)
    • You seem almost desperate for the job
    • Have not often seen you in teamspeak
    But good luck Hippapajo wish you all the best!

17. Klitch

Klitch

-1. Uninformed/oblivious. You discovered Diana wasn't admin today.

18. abbythrowsstuff

abbythrowsstuff Celebrity Meeper

I think you need to mature and get to know the server a little better before applying.

19. SurvivingSword11

SurvivingSword11 Celebrity Meeper

20. hippapajo

hippapajo Popular Meeper

I've known about that for a while, actually. I was just talking about it today.

Okay. Understand, however, I just thought it was funny.

It is extremely hard to post replies to a staff application for myself without sounding desperate, but I wanted to make sure you and emmettz were clear about that, Martin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.