1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

HG Advanced Supplies Chest

Discussion in 'Completed' started by calcal17, Apr 7, 2015.

1. calcal17

calcal17 New Meeper

Personally, I play HG on meep a lot. The only problem i think is, the advanced supplies chest. I think people should be able to get iron armor in regular chests, just make it rare. This would make the supplies chest seem not as OP, since you can obtain the exact same items with it. Also, I don't think you should get rid of the supplies chest, just add a strength I potion to it, and that being unobtainable with regular chests. Please note my suggestion. Thanks! ;)

2. adlovesdogs

adlovesdogs ex-staff <3

-1 the op chest is fun

lightspeedtitan likes this.
  3. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

+1
    Instant win when you get the supply drop. People wouldn't camp in the middle waiting for it to spawn.

4. SirCallow

SirCallow Legendary Meeper

5. kindlewing

kindlewing Popular Meeper

it's not an instant win. I've died plenty of times with the advanced kit... -1

6. calcal17

calcal17 New Meeper

I just think this because people camp the chest while other people get the regular chests doing this trying to play fairly

VorticoseSeven0 likes this.
  7. RaveMaster

RaveMaster Popular Meeper

Well everyone knows it's there so everyone has a fair chance at it...
    I say -1

8. Acceleradiance

Acceleradiance Celebrity Meeper

+1, or just make it so the advanced chest give you parts of the iron set and/or materials to make diamond weapons

metr0n0me and Cake_Army_Max like this.
  9. Cake_Army_Max

Cake_Army_Max Active Meeper

+1 too op

10. RaveMaster

You can get that from chests at mid.

11. Acceleradiance

I mean this for easier access, since mid is often camped by people or teams, which also reminds me to say that the advanced supplies chest should be in different locations of the map, so people don't camp spawn. If this is implemented, maybe make the compass toggle between players and advanced supply chests?

12. RaveMaster

Well since mid is the "danger-zone" (ya know, 50% of the tributes get gutted there in the first 5 seconds in the book) more valuable stuff is there. I think it's stupid if valuable stuff is obtainable by both people who run away from spawn and are scared and by people who are willing to take the risk of getting killed for better gear.

13. Acceleradiance

[quote[​IMG]="TheRealDN, post: 458453, member: 11777"]Well since mid is the "danger-zone" (ya know, 50% of the tributes get gutted[​IMG] there in the first 5 seconds in the book) more valuable stuff is there. I think it's stupid if valuable stuff is obtainable by both people who run away from spawn and are scared and by people who are willing to take the risk of getting killed for better gear.[/quote]
    So, what is your point?
    That's why I suggested if we're moving the adv. chest, we should make it easily noticeable to other players so they can decide whether they want to risk going for valuable gear or searching for[​IMG] other items. After the people loot all the chests at spawn and get the adv. supply chest, they use their compasses to look for other players, which creates the same amount of danger anyway, despite the fact that there aren't many people in an hg game (or at least when I play it.) Are you saying that a player must go to mid and survive to win? I don't see anything wrong with the fact of someone avoiding mid because you know the risks of getting killed by a person easily. Hg requires strategy, and when a chest full of op gear drops at spawn every game, I don't really see the point of trying to survive. And, I believe, the original point of this thread was to rarely include iron gear in chests, and add a strength potion to still make the adv. chest unique. I also believe that the grace period was implemented to give everyone a fair chance at a game, and get a few chests off of spawn. Either way, the adv. supplies chest should be nerfed as so:
    [quote[​IMG]="calcal17, post: 457539, member[​IMG]: 32168"]people should be able to get iron armor in regular chests, just make it rare. This would make THE SUPPLIES chest seem not as OP, since you can obtain the exact same items with it. Also, I don't think you should get rid of the supplies chest, just add a strength I potion to it, and that being unobtainable with regular chests.[/quote[​IMG]]
    and if possible, should be relocated to random location on the map. This is just my opinion, but if you have any objection, that is fine with me. This is my last post on this thread.

14. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

How about we fix the loot in general and not make it weapon-every-chest or maybe have items that are actually BALANCED

metr0n0me likes this.
  15. RaveMaster

True...
    Every other chest has either two gold leggings or a stone sword and an iron sword.

16. calcal17

calcal17 New Meeper

They should make it so that every chest has a small chance of having iron armor in it

17. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

If you look at MCSG (the biggest and most successful HG server) the chests are balanced in such a way that weapons in the middle are very rare, so that there isn't a huge massacre at spawn in the first 5 seconds. Additionally, they distribute iron armor throughout chests as a rare drop, so the OP loot doesn't necessarily go to one person.

Off-topic: The grace period doesn't help anything; it rewards slow looters and the risk/reward factor of going to the middle is pointless now.

Acceleradiance likes this.
  18. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

you must be really bad then...

19. VorticoseSeven0

VorticoseSeven0 Popular Meeper

The chest that I'm talking about is the one that spawns in after awhile in spawn. It has a diamond sword and full iron armor. That kind of seems unfair. Please get rid of it because it takes the whole fun out of it. Make it so you can find iron armor in chests, but make it rare. Also scatter the items in the chest. Make it hard for them to take it.

20. VorticoseSeven0

VorticoseSeven0 Popular Meeper

+1 on putting iron armor in regular chests. -1 for putting strength in the advanced chest. I would say just get rid of the advanced chest and put iron armor in the regular chests and make it rare.