1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Heyyy Question

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by LadyCassandra, Mar 7, 2021.

?

Pineapple

1. on pizza

30.0%
  2. no

70.0%
  1. LadyCassandra

LadyCassandra Rebel Angel Warrior | Sweet Baby Child

It's been around four years since we got hit by EULA and lost a lot of our donor perks, along with our server being blacklisted and needing to lower our rank prices. I still don't know the full context of the situation since I wasn't smart enough to know; but as far as my understanding goes, that was only meant to scare servers but many weren't actually affected by it.

So that begs the question -

Will we ever get our old donor perks back? Like /fly everywhere? Or /kittycannon? Or /fix? /history? Silking spawners? I don't remember the full list of perks and I've been Ult/Legend for a long time now, so I don't quite remember what the other ranks did or didn't have.

I'm also aware that the gameplay has changed drastically since the era before EULA, so feel free to give me an explanation of why some perks aren't coming back. I heard that /feed will no longer be enabled since it screws with the economy or something like that. Cool.

I don't mean this thread to be a "I'm an old player and I expect these perks to come back NOW". I simply want to better understand where this server is headed and how it's grown in the last few years.

Thank you :)

Deljikho and BooBear1227 like this.
  2. Sir Ralphie

Sir Ralphie Meeper

Well I'll try to answer the question as best as I can. Firstly, /fly command is listed for ultimate only, and the command can only be executed when you are in the towny world. Next, in terms of silk touching spawners, they can now be obtainable through joining hunter (a job) and you must reach level 50 in hunter to obtain the ability to do so. I've been on the server for now 32 days, and this is the best I can give you. I haven't been aware about the old donor perks though, that's something you might want to ask Ellie, Adrian or Lord about since they been here way way longer than I have. That's all I can give you!

Zoe89, Natsu and Deljikho like this.
  3. Katronica

Katronica Celebrity Meeper

Realistically, no. From my understanding the reason why those perks broke EULA laws was a result due to meepcraft being looked as a 'pay-to-win' server giving higher ranked individuals a significant advantage of overall gameplay compared to lower ranks. Though most of the perks (i.e. /fix, /feed, mining silk spawners) that higher ranks had, have been distributed to meepcraft/minecraft in some way. Also I don't think meepcraft wants to go through the logistical nightmare of being blacklisted again. Though it definitely would be nice to have some 'more' distinguishing perks that make higher ranks that are significantly more expensive than other ranks more worth it (aside from /fly and chat colors). In terms of perks that aren't coming back like /fix is already implemented in minecraft with mending and /feed being a job perk.

*though I vouch for /kittycannon to come back it did no harm*

Zoe89 and Deljikho like this.
  4. LadyCassandra

Actually, I remember why this was removed. Something about a glitch through a nether portal that could spawn in actual cats that could be tamed. Was wondering if that would ever be fixed.

Yeah I guess that's where I'm asking like - do we run the risk of being blacklisted again? I thought this was old news.

Point is, there are a lot of other perks still out there that were taken away, not just the ones that I listed. Yes, this is probably more of a question for staff and could've been answered in a modreq, but I feel like it'd be good to have a solid answer on the forums.

5. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

Honestly I hope not. I still remember the April Fools joke they made pretending they got hit by the EULA.

6. whoisnate

whoisnate Celebrity Meeper

Being blacklisted isn't really that big of a deal, its very easy to get around. I play on a few blacklisted servers with no issues. Its really only there as a way for mojang to say they wont work with you since ur breaking eula. Sure they could take legal action but would it really be worth it for them, no probably not, especially in meeps case being so small its not worth thier time at all.

LadyCassandra likes this.
  7. LadyCassandra

You hope not.. about what? About not getting the old donor perks back? Or getting blacklisted again?

(Anyway, bumping this thread because I want more responses...)

Deljikho likes this.