1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Hestia's staff (helper) application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Lady_Hestia, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

In Game Name: Lady_Hestia
    Skype Username: Nikkivariable
    Teamspeak Username: Lady_Hestia
    Mic use: sure
    Timezone: Eastern Standard Time
    Hours online per weekday: 1-7
    Hours online per weekend: 2-14
    Position Changes: Citizen (Vip level donator) to helper

Introduction:
    Part Uno (for the ones that don’t know me)
    Hello, I’m Hestia/Lady/Nikki, I have been a staff member before and though it ended in demotion I feel I’m ready to come back! I’ve taken part in the community since after the restart in July. Like the story of meep goes, I’ve tried to quit but there is something addicting about this server that keeps you stuck. I’m a goofy and sarcastic player and I love this server with all my heart, and would love to contribute my time to help it.
    Part Dos:
    Hey guys, I know I’ve made some mistakes in the past and you probably no longer trust me, but over the last weeks (3?) I’ve realized that the demotion was the wake-up call I needed. Though I still do not agree with the “official” reason I do think that I needed that start to see how immature I was being. As of late I’ve been trying to help in /shout as much as possible, and taking the comments of others with a positive attitude and willingness to improve my work ethic and attitude. Though people think of the staff as “corrupt” I think of how they run as efficient but overly secretive. The supposed corruptness most likely comes from a banning that the staff does not expose the details on so that the players think that it’s a banning for no reason. I’d like to bring my ideas to the table- I’m not saying that 75% of them will be worth a glance but I’m all for seeing what I can do. My work ethic was good or at least average in the past. I rushed through modreqs while making sure that they were done well (at least that would help if I got them). I’m sure that I will be a part of the staff team that can get things done- I’m not afraid of boring work.
    Why:
    Why do I want to be staff:
    The time I was helper was a time of bliss for me. Helping people gives a fabulous feeling to everyone. /kick and /tempban aren’t what I prefer to do because they are flashy and don’t do as much as a simple help with the vshop or learning how our economy works, because another community player makes the server a better and more functional and economic space for the community (aka family). I feel great when I can calm fights.
    Why I should be accepted:
    I am familiar with all commands of a helper. I’m nearly always on forums and teamspeak. I was above average with my modreq count. I was eager to help and when there were no modreqs open I asked if there was any other job that needed doing. I’ve grown more mature and positive over the last weeks.
    Weaknesses:
    For the love of me I just can’t type out what I mean! I am thinking ahead of what I type so sometimes it seems I am saying something different than I am thinking and meaning. I am also blunt; I say the things I see.
    Conclusion:
    The app is short but to the point. I miss being staff and I promise to work harder and do what I need to do.

Thank you for considering.
    Hestia

2. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

[​IMG]

"-1.

Your application is horribly written. You consistently contradict yourself in your application. I don't think you are staff material at all, as you don't possess the professionalism required for this position. You were demoted for a reason and you don't even know what is was for. You're just denying it and positions where you are moderating is something that attitude doesn't work for."

My comment on your last application still stands.

I find you very unprofessional and immature, and most of all oblivious to what is going on around you.

Admitting your problem is the first step.

Why are you talking about the general outlook of the staff in your application? It's completely irrelevant and has nothing to do with you getting Helper or not.

You can calm fights as a citizen too.

There's no need to repeat yourself.

I'm sorry but I don't believe you.

These two sections are way shorter than they could be. In my opinion, they are some of the most important parts of the application.

Anyway, I remain my -1. I don't see you putting enough effort into things (Ex: this app) and I feel like your maturity is not where it should be. I'm not saying you should never be Helper, but I have yet to see the changes you say you will and are doing.

3. Lady_Hestia

Not sure what to do to change your opinion as I'm working hard at being mature :)

4. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

I am Sorry but no. -1

You were demoted for a reason.

5. DevilSpawn112

DevilSpawn112 The Sass Master

Hi, although I am kinda puzzled as to why you applied again, I will still answer with my opinion, fairly, and point out some things that you should work on as a citizen.

- Your weaknesses section could be WAY longer.
    - The app was short and lacked important thing (mainly the details of your demotion)
    - Although I agree that you are a bit more confident in yourself, try putting it to use.
    - As DC said, you CAN help people as a citizen. You should stick with that.
    - Although your maturity has bettered quite a bit, I still think there are things to work on in that department.
    - You spoke of staff as being "overly secretive". I have a problem with that. Everything that is kept silent is done so for a reason. We have explained this to you many times when you were a staff member.

I think you know by now that none of the staff are going to be on your side of that defense. We KNOW what you said. We all seen it with our own eyes. Although I am thankful for the minimizing of the "I <3 Onis" spam, I think you know that my vote/answer will ALWAYS be a -1.

6. NorthernLights17

NorthernLights17 Celebrity Meeper

Sorry but I will Always stay at a -1.
    My reasoning is:
    1. You are Immature sorry to say.
    2. I never truly saw you helping.
    3. You were demoted.

7. Lady_Hestia

I know my weakness section needs to be longer- I incorrectly assumed that most people know my weaknesses.

8. feewill

feewill Meeper

Good
    Standard
    Bad
    Comments

In Game Name: Lady_Hestia
    Skype Username: Nikkivariable
    Teamspeak Username: Lady_Hestia
    Mic use: sure

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time
    Hours online per weekday: 1-7
    Hours online per weekend: 2-14
    Position Changes: Citizen (Vip level donator) to helper

Introduction:
    Part Uno (for the ones that don’t know me)

Hello, I’m Hestia/Lady/Nikki, I have been a staff member before and though it ended in demotion I feel I’m ready to come back! I’ve taken part in the community since after the restart in July. Like the story of meep goes, I’ve tried to quit but there is something addicting about this server that keeps you stuck. I’m a goofy and sarcastic player (you tend to get too immature) and I love this server with all my heart, and would love to contribute my time to help it.
    Part Dos: (This, as well as "Part Uno", demonstrates immaturity.)
    Hey guys, I know I’ve made some mistakes in the past and you probably no longer trust me, (why even say that? It starts your application in a odd way don't you think?) but over the last weeks (3?) I’ve realized that the demotion was the wake-up call I needed. Though I still do not agree with the “official” reason I do think that I needed that start to see how immature I was being. As of late I’ve been trying to help in /shout as much as possible, and taking the comments of others with a positive attitude and willingness to improve my work ethic and attitude. Though people think of the staff as “corrupt” I think of how they run as efficient but overly secretive. The supposed corruptness most likely comes from a banning that the staff does not expose the details on so that the players think that it’s a banning for no reason (I am a little confused here; I don't understand why you would mention this in your STAFF application) I’d like to bring my ideas to the table- I’m not saying that 75% of them will be worth a glance but I’m all for seeing what I can do. My work ethic was good or at least average in the past. I rushed through modreqs while making sure that they were done well (at least that would help if I got them). I’m sure that I will be a part of the staff team that can get things done- I’m not afraid of boring work. (All good staff can get things done, and you're not proving that you have redeemed yourself in anything mentioned already.)Why:
    Why do I want to be staff:
    The time I was helper was a time of bliss for me. Helping people gives a fabulous feeling to everyone
    . /kick and /tempban aren’t what I prefer to do because they are flashy and don’t do as much as a simple help with the vshop or learning how our economy works, because another community player makes the server a better and more functional and economic space for the community (aka family). (In this neutral bit I feel as if you're just explaining what everyone already knows.) I feel great when I can calm fights.
    Why I should be accepted:

I am familiar with all commands of a helper. I’m nearly always on forums and teamspeak. I was above average with my modreq count. I was eager to help and when there were no modreqs open I asked if there was any other job that needed doing. I’ve grown more mature and positive over the last weeks. (How?)
    Weaknesses:
    For the love of me I just can’t type out what I mean! I am thinking ahead of what I type so sometimes it seems I am saying something different than I am thinking and meaning. I am also blunt; I say the things I see.
    Conclusion:
    The app is short but to the point. I miss being staff and
    I promise to work harder and do what I need to do.

Thank you for considering.
    Hestia

Tas8833 and 7acespade like this.
  9. Oroperion

Oroperion Celebrity Meeper

Hold on, give me a second to find your last application. I want to use my comment from that one here.

Found it!

Gonna keep this nice and simple. No.

You were not a great helper, and your actions to get yourself demoted demonstrated that. If you cared so much about the server, you would not have acted that way in the first place. I don't care how much regret you have, the way you acted was far worse than anything I've ever seen by any staff member in the past couple months. If I had my way, you wouldn't be staff again. Sorry, but in no way do I ever see you being staff again.

MeepStats likes this.
  10. OrangeNinja3

OrangeNinja3 Celebrity Meeper

Pros:You are well known of the commands and have experience as staff
    Cons:Immature and was demoted for a reason
    mature
    Immature

11. TheRealWoohoocheese

TheRealWoohoocheese Celebrity Meeper

Im sorry, you are AWESOME!!!! But, I just don't think your staff material anymore :(

12. Tagswag33

Tagswag33 Popular Meeper

-1. There is a reason you were demoted.

You tend to be immature.

Like DC said, you lack professionalism.

DancingCactus likes this.
  13. Lysseal

Lysseal Popular Meeper

Look, Hestia, I like you a LOT as a friend and as a citizen/vip, but I just don't think you are staff material. I'd love just to hang out sometime, and I feel really bad doing this, but -1 I'm really sorry ;-;

SSSoul likes this.
  14. Mylucky7

Mylucky7 Celebrity Meeper

DC has put it perfectly. -1
    Also from the staff point of view, you would ask to help rather than do modreq's

DancingCactus likes this.
  15. PuckMiner

PuckMiner Celebrity Meeper

-1 DC explained it all. You were demoted for a reason and honestly I haven't seen you change enough since your last app.

16. Lady_Hestia

I did modreqs then I asked to help (or at least tried to)

17. james_Grimplin

james_Grimplin Popular Meeper

i am not sure how i feel about this, I liked you as a helper and want you back on staff, but maybe you aren't ready? +/-0,

18. ZapChance

ZapChance Popular Meeper

Amen Dancing, amen. -1

DancingCactus and Lysseal like this.
  19. chirp1234

chirp1234 Celebrity Meeper

[​IMG]

Uh, sorry but you weren't a great helper and I think you need to improve alot.

CyborgZeroX likes this.
  20. MeGustaYou

MeGustaYou Popular Meeper

This is basically what I thought while reading your introduction. (dos?)

"Hey guys, I know I’ve made some mistakes in the past and you probably no longer trust me, but over the last weeks (3?) I’ve realized that the demotion was the wake-up call I needed."
    Wow, this is pretty good, it's not an apology but at least she's still owning to what she did.

"Though I still do not agree with the “official” reason I do think that I needed that start to see how immature I was being. "

But wait, didn't she just say that it was the wake-up call she needed? And she's still denying that she made any threats to destroy the server, what? Wait what? Well, at least she owned up to being immature.

From there, I stopped. You will not be fit for staff until you own up to what you did completely, and an apology may be a good step too. I honestly do not think you'll be fit for staff again ever, but it will definitely approve your chances if you just own up to your mistakes, for real. I think your maturity is equal or worse than it was in your last application.
    But, I took a look at the rest of your application today and I read the rest.
    It comes to show too that you are not open to other opinions. People told you on your last application that it lacked formality and they gave you many weakness that you could have added to your weakness section on this application and mentioned how you've been trying to improve them, but instead you just put a weakness that was more of an excuse. You would be a liability. I'm sorry. Good luck, but I'm sticking at a -1, and probably will be until I see some MAJJORRR maturiy changes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.