1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by OldColony, Jul 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldColony

OldColony Popular Meeper

Member Name: iMerelyDaved

Additional In-Game Names:
    n/a

How old are you? 14

Do you have a Skype?
    Yes

Do you have Teampseak?
    Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays)
    3-4

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends)
    6-8

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server?
    Yes

References: Please give IGN's

I mostly help the citizens on the server
    who need the most help.

When did you join Meepcraft?
    I joined around midway into 2014, like November (The reason my tag says, Joined 2015 is because my previous account, was owned by my friend and he wanted it back)

Introduction: Hello, my name is David Tetteh, I work at Market Basket for part-time to help pay for my college fund for MIT. I am a fair person and always help those who need partners or who are looking to make friends, I help in Auburn Community Projects and sometimes fund them, like for the new school that they are building for the middle school. I am also a great gamer, I play Minecraft, ROBLOX,SW:TOR ,Mortal Kombat, due to maturity I have became a General in my Guilds. I also help with the Community in most games. When I finish High School, I hope to go to MIT and get a Computer Science Degree.

Why you should be Helper? I want to help the growing population of Meepers in Meepcraft with that many question will be ask about how the server economy works. I wouldn't expect to be picked because there is many great helpers out there. I want to be a helper so the Citizens have more help to understand Meepcraft. I always have enough time to help those who are in need. I have great social skills with others.

What are your weaknesses?
    My weaknesses are: Lack of Preparation, which I am currently working on. And Lack of Focus mainly due to helping others/play video games :3, Anyways, if I feel like I am doing bad, I will contact the Mods to demote me.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: I think if I don't become a helper, I will still continue to help people, no matter what the problem is...

See ya on Meepcraft!

2. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

No one really asks how the economy works on this server. The only way to help grow the population of Meepcraft is continuously vote so other players looking for servers like this can join.
    You don't need to do that if you do become helper.
    I don't see this happen whatsoever.
    It said give IGN's, not ranks.

Good luck!

3. TimtheFireLord

TimtheFireLord Celebrity Meeper

well at least they followed the format

4. OldColony

OldColony Popular Meeper

Well, I tried :cat:
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 16, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 16, 2015 ---
    Well, sorry if I kind of messed this up, But thanks for your honest opinion in giving a -1 :cat:

5. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

Hello there iMerely!

Awesome to see you apply but I'm gonna have to give you a -1 for the following reasons:

Let's start with some general stuff shall we :)
    I've seen you online today, you seem alright. As for forums I've never seen you. You should become more active on forums and in game. Try helping more in game, too. As for teamspeak, don't think I've ever seen you there. It is a great place to be, mind me, I've been starting to talk a little more there ;)

And your application!

I liked your introduction. You told us about yourself and what you want to do in the future, as well as what you do now. That's a great start, nothing to criticise there.

Your why section was very weak.

This server isn't all about economy, there are other parts too. Try get more known with all the parts of the server ;)

If you don't think you will be accepted I suggest not applying. Only apply once you feel ready, not when people say you are ready.

It's not just citizens who ask questions ;)

In total your why section was extremley short. You didn't really catch me why you applied. Look at some accepted applications to see what is being looked for :)

As for your weaknesses

If you feel you are doing a bad job as helper, don't give up. Contact a mod not to demote you, but to guide you. They've all been in the helper roots and each of them have asked for help. Don't feel shy to ask for help; if you don't, there are consequences.

Also for weaknesses try expanding more. Give solutions as to what you'll do to improve those weaknesses, it'll show us you are trying to improve.

So your app was short and could do with more as a 14 year old. But good luck!
    - Spongey

6. SillySilver

SillySilver Celebrity Meeper

My comments are on blue, things which are wrong are on red.
    Overall the app was ok level, it should be longer, so it looks good. I haven't seen ya before this, so I can't judge your activity and helpfulness. I am on -0.5 due these reasons I stated.

PandaBear711 likes this.
  7. Forest

Forest Popular Meeper

I see a lot of people like you make short applications and I always am mad when I see them because they waste peoples time when they look at it but you are the most qualified person I have seen with a short app sorry but I am still a -1

8. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

Short app
    New member on forums
    Idk who you are
    -juan

9. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Comments are in blue. It's not a bad app, but it's not good at all either. You had a good intro and it all tumbled down from there.

Forums activity! Your helper app was your first post, and this isn't good. You should be very active on forums, I suggest getting 'active member' before applying. You should also get on TS, I haven't seen you, and work on helping in /shout a lot.

You need more activity and stuff before anything else can happen... -1! good luck.

Chaase5 likes this.
  10. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

11. Liam

Liam Fergalicious, baby

-1 Well, I see good intentions, however, you haven't been on the server too much, and you're fairly new to forums. Good Luck.

12. Videogames321

Videogames321 Celebrity Meeper

Short but to the point.

If you don't expect to be picked as a Helper, why apply at all? Have some confidence in yourself, but don't be overconfident. Try expanding on your Why and Weaknesses section instead of saying one sentence points such as "I always... I am... I will...". If you plan on becoming a Helper, don't do it only for a certain rank, people or all ranks will ask you for help. If you don't have confidence nor do you care for the those other ranks, you wouldn't make a good staff member.

As for your weaknesses section, you should explain how your lack of preparation and focus will affect your performance. In example, will it make you drop a modreq to do something you deem more important? Will it make people not trust you? Also, having a lack of preparation (assuming you're saying what I think you're saying) won't really affect you that much. All the staff members had to start from somewhere- you start getting your experience and knowledge once you actually become a staff member.

I'm not going to say anything about maturity or in game activity as I'm a forums lurker, but at the very least get your forums activity up a bit. No need to go to the extremes and post thousands of posts, but have a bit more than you have right now, excluding useless ones.

Considering the applicants around this time of year, +/-0

13. ImNotBlonde

ImNotBlonde Celebrity Meeper

You seem like such a kind human

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.