1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application (peterkim0228)

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Taha, Nov 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taha

Taha Well-Known Meeper

In Game Name - peterkim0228
    Skype Username - Staff P.M me for it.
    Team-Speak Username - XTahaX (peterkim0228)
    Mic Use - Always
    Age - 15
    Timezone - EST USA
    Hours online per weekday - 2-4 hours (may vary)
    Hours online per weekend - 3-8 hour
    Position Change- Supreme - Helper

Introduction:

Hello! My name Taha, but most of you know me as peterkim0228. Now, most of you are probably wondering, “ Your name is not peter?” well you guessed it. Long story short, my friend let me use his minecraft account because my parents did not want to buy a minecraft account. (Password is changed so no one knows it but me) Since he stopped playing, its mine now! I'm in high school and I am studying computer-programming technologies. I don't know why, but I love technology. It amazes me what we can do with technology, from gaming to everyday devices. I love technology! Recently in Programming class I have moved on From Python-Graphics to Traditional Python.
    I started playing on Meepcraft in August of 2012, and many months after that, I found this new thing called “Teamspeak”. Teamspeak was A whole different part of meep for me. It literally changed the way I looked at the community. It showed me what type of people were behind the monitor and it added a whole new dynamic to the game.

Why should I be Helper?

Experience = Experience is a key feature in becoming a staff member . I’ve been playing Meepcraft for over a year now and I’ve loved every bit of it! There are two reasons why I think experience is a key feature. One is because I know that I need to have the knowledge/ability to become a staff member. Commands/warps/Rules etc, etc, are things that all staff members should know mentally.And two being the understanding of the community. Staff need to understand the community and know most players.From players who just joined today and don’t have a clue about anything on this server, to players who have been playing for a year and know every little detail. There are players who don’t comprehend the rules, and players who simply are rebels and don’t like to follow them just to be “funny”. I understand that people do make mistakes. I understand that not everyone is a perfect person, but consequences are to be met.

Dedication : Meepcraft is great and that’s why I have so much heart for it! Yes, I do have IRL things to tend to like friends, family,school, and personal adventures but meep is still a large part of my day. Whether it be forums, in-game, or Teamspeak, I try to get as much time into meepcraft as I can. Everyday on Meepcraft is a new Adventure.

Involvement : My involvement in Meepcraft has been drastically improved in the past couple months. I’ve tried to answer peoples questions in /shout more since I see no one cares to even read them. I’ve also have tried to answer most questions given in /shout in /msg since I know it is technically inciting spam.

Weakness(s) :
    I can say that I do have a few of weaknesses. One being lack of forum activity. It is one thing that I need to greatly work on. Two being arguments. Whenever someone starts an argument with me I sometimes feel the need to reply back but I'm learning to just move on and ignore. And three being Slight Immaturity at points. At some points I can be Immature, most times Its been in TeamSpeak.
    Conclusion :
    I truly believe that I could be a great addition to the Meepcraft staff team. Yes, I have made mistakes in the past, but I’ve learned my lessons. I’ve been a player for quite a while now and I would love to experience meepcraft through a different perspective. I thank you for taking the time out of your day to read my helper application! :) Have a Nice Day!

2. TheRealWoohoocheese

TheRealWoohoocheese Celebrity Meeper

1. Your app is short and lacking.
    2. You only have 50 posts.

3. Coelho

Coelho Onis_Luck Elder

Are you sure you can represent someone that you don't agree with?

4. Taha

Taha Well-Known Meeper

My personal opinions are seperate from the concept of enforcing rules

Qaztar, Torchic and MeepStats like this.
  5. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

I'm sorry but -1

I barely see you helping in shout.
    you need to understand that you must agree with the Higher ranked staff and that means Onis also.

I don't see you on meepcraft as much as i used to..

SSSoul likes this.
  6. jacknat96

jacknat96 Celebrity Meeper

I think Peterkim will make a good helper he is active in-game and on TS the only thing I see he has to work on is his posting on forums but I think this is something he can do. good luck :) +1

Lespauls19, james_Grimplin and Taha like this.
  7. MrHollywoot

MrHollywoot Popular Meeper

peter we have all discussed things with you but i feel you only listen to bits and parts you should re look this application and apply once those things discussed with you are in a better place.

SSSoul likes this.
  8. LexKristen

LexKristen Celebrity Meeper

Hello Taha!

I started talking to you merely 3 weeks ago, but I feel like I know you well enough to post a justified response to this application.

Right out of the gate I noticed that you were a very social person. You love to talk, and I think that is great. You're always willing to teach people things in TeamSpeak, and provide great insight. Also, I really have never experienced you being rude or saying something you shouldn't have said.

Regarding your forum activity, it is not terrible but it could use a bit of work, which you stated in your weakness. My advice to you is to make it a habit of getting on the forums often. This helped me to post more. Believe it or not, before I became staff last year this was also a weakness of mine. Now that I am on the forums more, I find myself more in the loop, and I post a lot more. I think that half of my posts are from my phone when I am out of the house, and find myself with some free time.

You are very active in-game as well!

To simplify it:

PROS:
    • You are active on TS and in-game
    • You are helpful
    • You are not rude
    • I can tell that you are a dedicated person
    • You are very social
    • I can tell that you want this position, and when you really want something you definitely deliver to your full potential (based on what I have seen from your personality)
    CONS
    • I have heard a few bad things about you (I haven't experienced anything bad, so this con does not really count)
    • Forum activity is kind of low (although this was addressed in your weaknesses, so you are aware that you need to work on it)
    • Application was mediocre, it could have been better. There were some random capitalized words and some grammar mistakes.
    Your pros outweigh your cons and I personally think that you are ready.
    +1

Lespauls19 and Taha like this.
  9. Oroperion

Oroperion Celebrity Meeper

Over the past few weeks, I've gotten to know a little bit about you, and I've liked what I've seen.

You seem to have a genuine desire to help the server in whatever way you can, and I believe that you have the capability to be a good staff member, but I have heard that you've had some availability issues. Hopefully, these won't be an issue.

You're active all over the place, the lone exception being the forums. Work on that, and I think you've got the activity portion covered.

As for your application, it was average. Not great, not bad. Ok. Let it be known that I'm a pretty harsh application critic, and I expect a lot from them.

Though I've seen you be immature, it honestly hasn't been as bad as some people's, and I think it would be easy for you to act more mature, since you seem to understand the amount of responsibility that would come with the position.

+.75
    Good luck.

Taha likes this.
  10. Mylucky7

Mylucky7 Celebrity Meeper

+1
    You've shown enthusiasm,
    You have shown good will
    I want you to have a good chance
    Let's see what you can do.

Taha likes this.
  11. Akiratohiama

Akiratohiama Celebrity Meeper

Hehee Tai. tai.
    Don't get mad at me.
    +1
    Why:
    Always on team speak
    High tolerance
    Good app
    Mature
    You're 15?
    (Thought you were 20..)

Taha likes this.
  12. Lysseal

Lysseal Popular Meeper

You seem mature on ts and fairly mature in game. Although I think you should help in /shout more.. +1

13. Qwikin

Qwikin Guest

Be more active in shout, -.5

14. Deinen0

Deinen0 Guest

Taha, this comment may not be exactly the one you envisioned from me. But this is my thoughts on you, from my personal experience and other things I've seen.

My own personal experience with you is mostly superb, I placed trust in you with the one thing I am dear to, my town. You've had unbridled access to my belongings, my town and everything that it contains, and I must say you have not even come close to making me second-guess trusting you. You are a person I can rely on for tasks and to get a job done. That being said, a town isn't like a helper, but I believe you can transition your motivation and work-ethic to being a helper. I think you are enthusiastic about being a helper, staff, and that sometimes overpowered your normal behavior, and mentality. This can be sometimes construed as immaturity, and at times it does come across as such.

In essence, I think I feel comfortable about giving you a +.5. This is because I believe you have the potential to be a capable helper, but you can at times put your foot in your mouth. I have hesitation that an occurrence of this may happen if you are helper, but it is not a major concern of mine. I think it will be interesting, as I think there will be some things you're going to have to overcome, but I think you are able to do so, with flying colors. I suggest you keep showing everyone else what you've shown me, that you are dependable. Because being dependable is the best quality of a staff member, in my opinion.

15. Lespauls19

Lespauls19 Popular Meeper

I'm +1 all the way.
    - You are extremely active in game.
    - I'm pretty sure you are never not on TS
    - You are usually a positive beam of light
    - From my experience you are extremely polite and mature.
    - Even though you sometimes could use a filter between your brain and your mouth, I have come to notice that even the most mature people can lose this filter when they aren't staff but develop this filter easily once they are staff. I have faith you will be able to know when to speak and when not to. :)
    - Application could have used a tad more content but is far better than most that I see.
    - Forum activity is minimal but is in my opinion not as important as the things listed above, but none the less this has been addressed.

Good luck my friend. :)

jacknat96 and Taha like this.
  16. MeGustaYou

MeGustaYou Popular Meeper

Over the past few weeks, your immaturity has only grown, I feel. You haven't gotten into any arguments lately in /shout, though... but I honestly couldn't trust you, and everyday my qualm grows larger. You are stubborn, and sometimes very rude. I don't think you're ready to become a staff member, yet. 3/4 of the times I talk or deal with you, you display immaturity, irresponsibility, and rudeness. I'm a -.29, sorry. Good luck.

chaos546 likes this.
  17. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

I was trying to think of a way to word it, and I gave to say that you took the words out of my mouth.

Taha, I'm sorry, but I agree with Gusta. You tend to ve very immature; I have seen you insult people in shout and heard you insult people in TS. I also haven't seen all that much improvement since your last application, other than activity. I'm a -0.29, because I completely agree with everything Gusta said. To me, you also seem like more of a player than a staff member

MeGustaYou likes this.
  18. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

That was rather rude I have to say, please don't call others out when you are in a position of power like you are. Also if he wasn't ready then he wouldn't have posted this app. <3 u onis (rant over)

Anywayyyy, you beat Basket on posting an app! lol. So you can be rude, when I first met you, you really didn't get how to not be rude(no h8 here :) ) but now I'd like to consider us friends, though I annoy you from time to time. I've heard stories of your terribly evil reign of meanness but it's all he said she said-who knows what happened. Even if the things I've heard were true I think lately you've been putting effort into not blowing up or insulting someone etc.
    Ts: +1mil
    you are on like 24/7. You don't seem immature on there to me(of course I've been on there long enough to see Diana being semi-immature.) It's fine because it shows you are comfortable in the situation.
    Forums: I don't think it's too bad I was a "new member" when I applied yet "active member" when fired (a very short time is needed to get yourself known on forums).
    In game: yahhh you never help, you don't seem to be active all too often(yet I know you are) um really rather unremarkable not good or bad
    Responsibility: Idk, you have to be able to take criticism from people younger than you, which is something you've told me you would not do. Having Onis hate you is pretty normal, and doesn't say anything, but it still will effect your chances of becoming staff. This was kind of not talking about responsibility sorry :L.

Questions to ask yourself:
    1 Are you impulsive enough to quit or leak staff info etc?
    2 Can you put up with noobs that don't know anything (if they know literally nothing it doesn't count) without afterwards complaining about it?
    3 Will you be able to pull yourself away from the game and do modreqs for 10-15 twice a day? (and that's semi-low)
    4 Can you put up with onis who, I have never met a person on this server he hasn't annoyed? (important)
    5 Can you put up with things you feel are wrong within the server (like not telling players things that could make fuzzlr look like a jerk, for example, or if a staff member was abusive and admins chose not to demote them.)

Good luck (no rating at this point)

19. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

Also this ;)

20. Yokosuka12

Yokosuka12 Popular Meeper

-1 Not very active in forums. I haven't really seen you help in forums or in game chat or /shout.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.