1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from Vexena

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Vexmae, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

Member Name Vexena

Additional In Game Names: (Alts include) Vulpie, MeganStufOreo and freshie1

How old are you? 16

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 5 on average

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 7+

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? Yes

References: Please give IGN's @OKNEM @Achrow @onceuponajano @boombox123 @KyloMeep @Cooleysworld @CluelessKlutz
    @Yuu_Otosoka @Nemoirboys @Marthacuddles
    When did you join Meepcraft? July 8th 2014

Introduction: ‘Ello Meepcraft, my name is Vex, I also go by the name Megan, I’m 16 and I live in the UK, I have been playing meepcraft since July of 2014, I am currently in my first year of college studying Beauty therapy, as most of you know it was not my preferred course to do, but I have recently moved away from the Beauty industry itself and I am now etching towards Graphic Design.
    I got my name of ‘Vex’ from a book that I was reading during my 2015 days, and have liked the name ever since.
    In the future I would like to see myself working in design for games, or logo creating for different companies.
    As most of you are aware, I started the town of ‘Athens’ just a little over two months ago, we have just recently hit 80 residents and that is a big moment for me, as I have owned multiple towns and they haven’t ended so well.

Why should you be Helper? I think that I should become helper because of a few reasons, the main reason would be I feel like I have the charisma to be a helper, I would say that I am very approachable by all personalities, and I tend to not be strict unless if absolutely needs be. I have had a better relationship with staff and I feel I could work with them more to negotiate on Meepcraft and what the players thinks needs changing and I can elaborate to that. I think I have a “good enough” work ethic that would mean I would get things done as soon as I can. With as little issues arising as possible, I would say that I get along with any personality, be that toxic, shy, or “normal”.

I would say I can greet and get along with many people, and yes that isn’t what should make me staff I understand that, I have noticed that a few other staff have been accepted, but we still have very little staff online at times where people in GMT time zones will be getting home, and as meepcraft isn’t the busiest at times at that time, if we hope to make meepcraft as good as it was in the “before times” I think we should be prepared for that and aim to get staff on 24/7.

I have been told from various people that there might be an issue with me being biased when dealing with situations with close friends and acquaintances, I can assure everyone that I wasn’t biased with my previous run as staff, just because they’re friends doesn’t make them viable to go against the rules and get away with it, rules are rules and they are made for a reason, and as a staff you need to make sure people are aware of the rules and the necessary actions if you go against this, if I was to let things slide people might not feel as comfortable playing meep anymore, and risk people quitting.

I tend not to hold grudges against people, therefore I won’t change my view on people based on their past behaviour if I can see a big enough change, when dealing with players I won’t bring up the fact of their past (apart from ban length will differ) but I will not bring players down and make them not want to play anymore for ‘Harsh staff’ this is a good aspect for being staff as we don’t want to interrogate players so that they don’t appeal, but rather warn them so they understand what they did and will refrain themselves and others from doing so.

I have been town staff and owner in multiple towns, these include my first town Legend, HighMoon, Legacy, Lost_Paradise, and my current town Athens, I know almost all commands that new players (and old) ask regularly, and I am quick on my feet and won’t hesitate to answer questions or modreq’s as my previous run as staff did not end in the best way imaginable, I decided that I was to be the bigger person and understand the problems of me leaking and the issues that will arise if I was to do so again.

I am still very aware of the responsibilities of what a staff needs to do, where things are found on forums and the necessary actions followed by bans, so I should be able to get back on my feet quite quickly, I am quite active on meep, I’m on at practically every moment I can be, so my activity shouldn’t be an issue, as most people know I can’t play thursdays and I lag from 6pm onwards to midnight, but I still try to get online.

What are your weaknesses? ~Past Mistakes
    As everyone is aware of, my last run as staff came to an end with leaking and resulting in a demotion, over the past 7 months I realised how silly it was to say anything to anyone outside of the staff team, I know now that it ruins the fun for players if they know something that’s coming up and it’s not a surprise anymore. I’m trying to regain trust with players and staff members, but alas, I cannot change the past. I have learned my lesson and understand the consequences of leaking, and I hope that it can be pushed aside, I can only apologise for what I did and I hope I can be trusted enough for people not to think I shall do it again

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  2. Lt_Sponge

Lt_Sponge Popular Meeper

I've played with you for a while and you are very helpful, aspecially to new players! You are kind and paitent. I'd trully love to see you as a staff member!!
    +1

iKitten, Bokoblincraft and Vexmae like this.
  3. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

You have complete control of your account so I see there being no reason for you to be denied anymore. If people are still a -1 from what happened 7 months ago it was extremely minor so she knows how much leaking is not tolerated. I'm sure Dylan understands how he affects your chances and should stay out of situations this time around since it should be clear by now how much this means to you.

I hope to see you on the team soon.

SuperDyl, iKitten, qazini and 12 others like this.
  4. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

Even though I left your town yesterday I am +1
    Edit: I have rejoined

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    SuperDyl and Vexmae like this.
  5. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

+1 great person, super helpful!

Vexmae likes this.
  6. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

+2, there hasn’t been great reason for you to be denied the last two apps imo

7. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

Hi Vex,
    Glad you applied! You’re a great person, fun and easy to talk to, and most importantly, you know you stuff.
    You had one of the highest modreq counts, which means a good work ethic and a fair amount of time, and I’m sure, as Kling said, you now know just as well as I do how much leaking is taken seriously and sanctioned.
    For me, though I like both of you, the Magnoot issue is a big liability, though I’m a big +1 on the condition that high staff check your IP every now and then.
    Best of luck!

Vexmae and smk like this.
  8. onceuponajano

onceuponajano nump(t)y queen

Sorry that I didn't get to helping you out with your app, university just got a little bit hectic. I believe that you have accepted your past and are able to move forward from it. Every time I see you online, you are always helping players out and from this I think you will be a great member of staff again, +1

Good luck my love!!

SuperDyl, iKitten, smk and 1 other person like this.
  9. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

You already have the required experience, personality, and maturity to be staff.
    You have full control of your account now, which is pretty cool too.
    The leaking is completely irrelevant anymore,
    I'm a +1 but I don't really think we need more helpers, especially in your already well-staffed timezone. Already staff are running over each other trying to do things, if we have too many staff they'll only hinder progress and new players won't get the help they need.

Vexmae likes this.
  10. FreyaFrostWolf

FreyaFrostWolf Active Meeper

+1 <3 Vexena is awesome!!

Vexmae likes this.
  11. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

Vex you're an amazing person and a great staff member! I'm always going to be a +1 as I know what you're capable of when you put your mind to it. I hope to see you as a staff member soon!

iKitten, Vexmae and FreyaFrostWolf like this.
  12. Juiced

Juiced Popular Meeper

+1

Vexmae likes this.
  13. OKNEM

OKNEM Celebrity Meeper

Thread's over. See you guys later.

14. diamondkid123456

diamondkid123456 Popular Meeper

+1 A great help, always! I kinda feel like ur already a mod even tho ur not. Ur an awesome person :D GET DAT MOD/HELPER/ADMIN/Sumthing

Vexmae likes this.
  15. boombox123

boombox123 Celebrity Meeper

+999999 Your so helpful & kind in game! Good luck

Vexmae likes this.
  16. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

17. boombox123

boombox123 Celebrity Meeper

why

18. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

I found it funny, it confused me for a second,

as a note to everyone, I appreciate all the comments and +1's it means a lot to me

19. Klitch

Klitch

Should already have perms, +1

20. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

You are more than capable to handle the task of being staff, goodluck! +1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.