1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from SpongeyStar

Discussion in 'Denied' started by SpongeyStar, May 30, 2015.

1. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

Member Name SpongeyStar

Additional In Game Names: Mnr_Major

How old are you? 14

Do you have Skype? Yes

Do you have TeamSpeak? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 3+ Hours. Varies due to school, but when holidays come on I'll be on way more

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 6+ hours, varies again due to homework/activities.

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? Yes

References: Please give IGN's @Monkey_Alex, @xtJunior, @CreeperCristi, @Wubb8t, @BooBear1227,@ Historia, @MisterBacon

When did you join Meepcraft? Around September 20th (Don't know the exact date though)

Introduction: Hello! My name is SpongeyStar. I’m a 14 year old girl from a country beside Australia, also known as New Zealand, the land of the Kiwi’s!

I am currently in my 10th year of school. My favourite subjects include Maths, English, Social Studies, Robotics (We program and build robots!) and Physical Education. I don’t have a proper idea of what I’d like to be when I grow up, but looking at my subjects, I’m looking towards engineering. When I was 4, I always wanted to be a chef since I loved food! I guess we think different things when we are younger! I still want to be a chef though...

I have a few favourite sports, but am currently only doing one since I’m quite busy. Badminton is my favourite overall, since it’s a fast, easy sport! I’ve also done swimming for 4 years and Basketball for 3, but stopped this year.

Outside school, I have quite a few hobbies. In my spare time I enjoy playing the keyboard (piano) and practicing different classical songs like Fur Elise. I haven’t had many proper piano lessons, just one or two, but I may start up again. Also, as you can tell by my username, I have an absolute love for Spongebob! People may think, as a 14 year old, that’s quite childish, but Spongebob has been my inspiration and if I feel down, I always try to think Spongebob is with me. Other hobbies include baking, reading, drawing and of course, playing Minecraft!

I joined Meepcraft in 20th September 2014. (Not exact, but somewhere near that.) I was trying to look for a great parkour server, since I developed a love for parkour, even though I failed at times! The servers I tried didn’t really catch my eye, they felt very chaotic and not my theme. I then came across Meepcraft, and when I first came on, the thing that caught my eye the most, were the lovely, friendly players who welcomed me. Straight after that, I knew that Meepcraft was the best server, not only for parkour, but for mainly everything else.

After a few days, I joined a town in alpha, called Aquacraft. I didn’t know a thing about towny in Minecraft, so I was quite a noob. But my very friendly and helpful town owner, @xtJunior guided me around the town and gave me a plot. I still remember the great times we had, and after a day or two I had a house built on my plot. I started to become familiar with the basic Meep commands, such as /g and /msg etc. Once I got to know about /g, I started to become more active within Meepcraft. I then found out about forums, and started logging on everyday, and participating in threads as much as I could.

Why should you be Helper? There are many reasons I have in mind that would lead me to staff again. Even though I only was demoted a more than a week ago, I just had a love for the job. I’d love to get back on the team:

Experience: As many of you know, I was a helper a few weeks back. Throughout the time of being helper, I’ve learnt many new things such as Prism and doing modreqs. Prism interests me quite alot, it makes me ponder about how it works because you can find out lots from it. When I first became helper, I’d frequently look on google about prism commands to learn more. I’ve also handled a few cases such as luring and scamming. If I do get accepted for helper, I feel that I’d be more capable than before since I now know how it’s like to be Helper and the commands.

Work Ethic: In school, I see myself as a hardworking student, I always hand my work in on time. I may sound like I’m boasting but this is how I think because it motivates me to do better. When I used to do modreqs, I had most of the Meepers reply back with a “Thank you so much!” something along those lines. When I got a message like that, a smile comes to my face. They’ve made my day, and I’ve made theirs. I love to make others happy, and I’ll work my hardest too. If someone is unhappy with the way I handled the modreq, I’ll make up for it.

Dedication: I’ve been on the server for 8 months, that may seem a short time but to me it is a lot. This server means lots to me. As soon as I first logged in I felt very loved, everyone welcomed me and such. I try my hardest to make this server an even better place, and if I fail, I will still keep trying, not matter how hard I try.

Past - After I was demoted, I was actually, quite sad, however I told myself to be strong. Minecraft is just a game, right? But I still had a passion for the server and knew I shouldn’t give up. I learned from my lesson, and after that, I was really excited to try get back on the team, not matter what it takes.

Activity - I always make sure I get onto Meepcraft everyday. With school these days, I’m not able to be active at the times most of Meep are. But when I get back from school, there’s still a few people on the server and sometimes no staff. It’d be great if we had a wide range of staff from different timezones, so people won’t have their modreqs waiting until the next day, which by then, they would’ve been annoyed or already solved the case. Back in the day when I posted my first helper application, I was no where near being active on forums. Now, I hop onto forums everyday whether it’s to check a thread or just lurk around on them. As for teamspeak, look below.
    Why should you be Helper?

What are your weaknesses? I do have a few weaknesses, and I’m trying to improve them as the days go past.

Shyness/Teamspeak - Now, as I said, teamspeak is my least active part of the community. I’m quite a shy person and tend to just leave my microphone off but listen to the others chat. Though I have actually been trying to get on teamspeak nowadays, at least 5 minutes a day. I’ll at least have the occassional ‘Hi’ or ‘Bye.’ I’ve had a small chat with @MisterBacon and @Historia, but even then, I feel very shy. Like I said I’ll try my most to get on. If you haven’t checked my recent thread about Teamspeak, please do. :) (You may think I’ve never come on because of timezones, but I have come on.)

Immaturity - Immaturity. My biggest weakness. I’ve had many people tell me I’m to immature for staff, and to wait longer or to stop being immature, and I know that as a fact. Well I guess we’ve all have been immature at one stage of life, don’t we? I know my immaturity will go out of hand as being staff, so I need to control it. If I ever do see myself go off track I will tell myself, ‘Do I really want the new members seeing that Meepcraft has staff that don’t care what’s happening and are immature?’ I myself do not want that happening, so I will try my very most to reduce it.

Distraction - I used to get very distracted doing jobs, but I feel that I’ve improved. Though if I ever do get distracted, I will always tell myself to think about the consequences, leading to demotion.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: If I do not make it to staff now, I will take in all your feedback and work on what needs to be improved on. We all make mistakes in life, and there are ways to fix them. A quote to finish this off; “Mistakes are proof that you’re trying.”

Thank you in advance for the feedback you will give, and I hope you take this application into consideration!

Regards,
    -SpongeyStar :)

2. adlovesdogs

adlovesdogs ex-staff <3

You are very nice so I am going to be straight forward. You aren't staff material from what you have shown me. I like you so much, but from what you have proved you just aren't mature enough yet. You kind of act a lot younger than 14 in my opinion. If you improve on maturity I see no reason why not to accept you. Prove to the community and staff that you can be helpful and strict. I consider us good friends, that is why I am giving you my honest opinion. Since you got demoted you haven't changed. It wasn't even that long ago. I would suggest waiting a few months. Patience is key! Don't give up! :)

--- Double Post Merged, May 30, 2015, Original Post Date: May 30, 2015 ---
    To add on to my previous statement, there have been moments in my time where I had to bite my tongue to stop myself from telling you to stop saying something immature. This was when you were staff. I was not a fan of you as staff primarily because you didn't do a lot of helping and did a lot of talking. To stop yourself from being immature all you have to do is not make comments like "don't you y me. lol, but srsly, change it, pls." It doesn't look professional. I think to give you another chance we need to see real improvement. I am asking as a friend, do you actually want to be helper right now? Is it for helping, or for the rank? Contact me on skype please! Make the staff journey about if you are ready, not based on your peer's approval.

metr0n0me, Llamazon and SpongeyStar like this.
  3. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

+1
    +Good app
    +You're active
    +You're friendly
    -Improve TS activity :p

4. _Rigel

_Rigel Popular Meeper

Yes, it is just a game.

SpongeyStar likes this.
  5. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

• You were way too unprofessional and extremely immature last time as staff, which I noticed more than a lot.
    • I heard a lot of bad stuff about you last time as staff. A lot of people said you talked more than you did modreqs, even when there were a lot. I don't think you really want to help, just the title.
    • You talked absolutely nothing about your demotion. This shows me you aren't strong enough to share it and how you have overcame it since then and how you've changed.
    Spongey, ily, but right now, to me you haven't changed a bit since the last time you were staff.

6. _Rigel

_Rigel Popular Meeper

ily=I like you?
    Just wondering. Think it's that lol

SpongeyStar likes this.
  7. SpongeyStar

Well I do agree with that. At the start of my helper journey, yes, I was told by staff that I was talking too much and dicing and doing other useless stuff rather than doing modreqs. After that I really started to think about why I am helper, and I have to do my job.

Also, about my demotion. If you want I can just tell you guys right here right now, but I don't know the full reason since I haven't talked to Cooleys about it thoroughly.

So basically, I was in Boomo, and there was a glitch where you could earn lots of money. I didn't know about this, so I went to Boomo and got stuck in the void, and had 500 added to my account every second. By the time I finally got out of the void I realised I got 1mill meebles. I felt really bad about this because I really didn't earn it, so I told diana to take it out, and so she did. I'm pretty sure I might've told her the wrong amount to take out, so they might've thought I was tryna keep the money. I really don't know the full story.

8. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

I really liked this response. But, why would you apply without asking Cooleys about your demotion first? What if you could get denied for it? You should message him ASAP and ask for the full story on why you were demoted.

1Achmed1, metr0n0me and SpongeyStar like this.
  9. SpongeyStar

Well the thing is, the day I was demoted, I messaged him. He said "It was brought to my attention that you used the staff position to make money in Boomo. I have heard two versions of what happened. I have also been able to review the database to see the money made. I am just getting off of TeamSpeak for the night. What time are you normally on and we can have a meeting with others involved and get to the bottom of this. This issue was only one issue brought to my attention which we can go over. I am off for the night"

So he had to go. I messaged him a while later, but no response.

10. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

+1
    +very nice
    + helpful
    + great app
    + active in game and in forums
    + was an awesome helper

Spongai so glad you are trying for staff again. I know you can do it! I plan seeing you as staff. Good luck.;)
    -Pmx728

SpongeyStar likes this.
  11. SpongeyStar

Thanks everyone for your responses and feedback, much appreciated! Yes, I do hope to work on my maturity so I hope you guys see changes in game ;)

Darke_Amethyst and Pmx728 like this.
  12. Llamazon

Llamazon Celebrity Meeper

+/-

+dealing with situations that include other staff
    +knowing a lot about the server
    +being active IG
    +using proper grammar when you have to

Pretty good over all the feedback I've seen so far :3

SpongeyStar and Darke_Amethyst like this.
  13. Chickenator

Chickenator Popular Meeper

+1 really kind and helpful in game

SpongeyStar likes this.
  14. BaM_Nitro

BaM_Nitro ஜ۩▬Retired▬ஜ۩

+1
    Great app
    Kind and helpful
    Really active in game and on forums
    Just one thing, be more active on ts
    Best of luck :)

SpongeyStar likes this.
  15. marranz631

marranz631 Active Meeper

+1 I hope that you get helper back so good luck!

SpongeyStar and Pmx728 like this.
  16. Darke_Amethyst

Darke_Amethyst Legendary Meeper

You are really sweet and considerate (from what I've seen). You are quite active on forums and ig. Get on Ts more, work on maturity.

17. triscope

triscope Celebrity Meeper

+1
    been staff for a while before
    your maturity is ok I gotta say
    active ALOT

SpongeyStar likes this.
  18. SpongeyStar

Thanks guys! And yup, starting to get on ts a little ;)

19. Killdogx

Killdogx Celebrity Meeper

Hey spongey, you r nice to all of us and Ily but I have to tell you one thing to you. You are childish . That's all I got to say. Of course it would be the -1 before you fix your maternity don't apply for staff. You know why as well as I do. Thanks spongey and good luck

icoolguyi and SpongeyStar like this.
  20. Llamazon

Llamazon Celebrity Meeper

"Fix your maternity"