1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from smkorpi

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by smk, Jan 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Member Name smkorpi

Additional In Game Names: MeepMe

How old are you? 17

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 1-4

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 2-10

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? Yes

References: Please give IGN's CluelessKlutz, EllieEllie, Savage2k17, Kling, Courtneyyy

When did you join Meepcraft? Fall/Winter 2013

Introduction: Hiya meeplings! I am smkorpi, or smk, or Shawn. I am a junior in highschool, and have been playing Minecraft for about 6 years, five being on computer. I am in my school’s marching band, soccer team, speech team, science club, french Club, and Robotics/computer Club. Despite all of these commitments, I still have time for Meep. I feel a lot of people and staff already know me, if you have any questions about me, feel free to ask.

Why should you be Helper? I believe I have many of the qualities needed to be a good staff member. And because of these qualities and my experience, I believe I can thrive as a helper again.

I will go over my experience first. I gained my experience as a staff member by becoming a staff member just this year. I have learned how to use staff tools such as prism, how to handle modreqs, deal with obscure cases, how to communicate with a team, and many more useful lessons. I believe through my time as staff that I now understand better how to handle rule breakers and players that are troublesome, and this is an amazing experience to have. The normal mistakes a brand new helper would normally make should be behind me by this point.

The rest of my qualities are things I have worked on since my last time as helper.

Confidence. Confidence is one of the most powerful attributes to have in a person, and in all honesty probably the most life changing. In the last year of my life I have finally crawled out of my “underclassmen shell” as I call it, and have finally gained confidence. With this newfound confidence, I will be able to be a better staff member than I was in the past. I understand what I am signing up for, and I am up for any challenges that will accompany it. There were many situations while I was in staff that I could’ve handled better if I was confident that I was correct. With the team being very project oriented at the moment, I would like to help with team communication so that no one ever has to be unconfident because of a gray area. This is also something I would like to pursue because I know it was something that was very aggravating while I was in the team, to be left in the dark. Those are some of my goals I wish to achieve, given the opportunity.

Passion. I am very passionate about many things that I do, and meepcraft is one of them. I know in the past I have shown extreme negativity towards some changes, but I would not have been upset with a change if I didn’t care about the server. I have been playing in this server for almost five years. That is just about a third of my life. So for ⅓ of my life, i have played on meepcraft. I would have quit in less than a year if I didn’t care. I have had thoughts of applying for staff after my first year playing meepcraft, but I never pursued them until this year; and I couldn’t be happier with the time I had as a staff member. My passion for the server is the reason I can play for hours on end, only talking to the community. I am willing to utilize much of my free time on meep.

I feel that a deciding factor for these applications is what any applicant can bring to the team, that isn’t already prevalent. And in honesty, there isn’t much that the team doesn’t seem to have covered at the moment. I mentioned before that one of my goals if I were to become a helper again would be to try better team communication. On top of this, I already have good communication with the community, and understand what would be able to help the server as a whole. One of the main ways I can think of helping the server is through suggestions. Which is why I have made many suggestions in the past. If I become a helper again, I would not stop suggesting things. I pride myself in being a problem-solver, and in most scenarios I can at least weigh as many options as possible and try finding the best solution. I hope to have another chance to try and use any problem solving skills I have to help meep.

I don’t feel this is worthy of a point in my ‘Why’ section, but even with the size of the team, there are still many times in the morning (when I get on) that there are no staff online; I don’t mean to say this is anybody's fault, just that I could remedy some of this time with no moderation. And I can keep my composure being the only staff online when situations like this occur. I am also very easy to reach on slack or snapchat, because my phone is a huge part of me. I still find it very often where I am online and no other staff are online. I do not believe the size of the team should be a real problem relating to my application, but there are still times I would be the only staff member online, and I can handle moderating the server chat and handling modreqs, as I have in the past.

There are also things I’ve worked on since my last application was denied. Most of the reasons for my last application being denied, was because of activity and helping in chat. Since my last app, I have definitely worked on my activity, and my playtime has shown it. Along with the boosted activity, I have been trying to be more visible when helping players. I hope by being more visible when helping, and being more active, I fixed some of the problems with my last application.

Another thing I decided since my application is clearly what I want to do on the team. Countless poeple asked what I could contribute, and I will clarify my answer. I will be able to help with decision making on the server. I am very analytical, and I believe I am becoming quite good at analyzing all sides of a situation, and coming up with the best possible solution. One of my main goals if I’m allowed to join the team again is to help in fixing skyblock. Through various discussions, I believe I truly understand the problem that is making skyblock unfair, and through suggestions I have been trying to help; but as a staff member, I would be able to try to help fix skyblock, and be more effective. On top of skyblock, I also have experience playing kitpvp, and would be able to help with kitpvp. Halo is also something I’m passionate about, and I could also try working on gun revamps or look at what needs balanced. The final thing I would like to help on is a tad of the eco. Now, I know that changing the economy is very risky, and must be looked at with extreme caution. But I believe I can use my analytical skills and problem solving abilities to at least assist KlutchDecals in looking at potential changes.

I want to finish this part, I have already been trying to help the server, and skyblock, kitpvp, halo, and towny economy through suggestions. But as a staff member, I would have a much easier time finding the best solution as I would have direct access to the people making decisions. And through my past experience as a staff member, I am already prepared for the challenges around the Helper position.

What are your weaknesses? Composure. When I was a staff member, I had a fall out with a player. I handled the situation very terribly, allowing some of the worst parts of me to come out. I defended how I handled it, but I was simply wrong. I learned in this situation that people make mistakes, that you can move past things. I learned to control myself in the next two months afterwards, and I can assure you that a similar situation will never happen again. Outside of that one occasion during my time as staff, I never lost my composure. I do not plan on letting any such thing happen again.

Age. I personally do not believe age to be a problem, but I correlate my age to many things I am ignorant to. I am 16, almost 17, so I understand a lot of common things already, but there is much stuff I may not know or understand. I feel I can keep any problems related to my age and ignorance to a minimum, and this has not been an issue for a while. Age is mostly a number, but I have maturity a little higher than most young adults.

School/Time Commitments. I mentioned all of the clubs and such I am in, and a lot of those require time here and there. None of these will prevent me from taking large amounts of time off from Meepcraft, but Saturday’s for example I will likely be unavailable a lot of the day due to speech and debate. I cannot overcome this, but Speech and Debate will be done by February, so this would only be a temporary problem. I know the team is okay with breaks, and I would make sure to notify when I’d be absent.

Passion. I am very passionate about quite a few things on the server, and I am not afraid to show my opinion. I keep my composure and give my opinion respectfully, but some of my posts can be interpreted as inflammatory. Because I recognize this as a weakness, I make sure to tag on the bottom of my posts when something isn’t meant to be inflammatory. But it is something I will continue to work on.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: I am human, I’ve made mistakes in the past. I want to put any of those mistakes behind me, and I really really would like to be part of the staff team again.

If there are any spelling errors or other parts of this application that irks you, I apologize in advance. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments, I’m open for discussion over anything that may be questionable (I won’t reply to anything that doesn’t need a reply, so don’t be offended if I don’t reply to you)

Thanks for reading!

Ps: Connection issues since last application are gone, if you have anything to ask or criticism, I would love to see what to work on in the comments.

Ashurea, iKitten and GroovyGrevous like this.
  2. Viperfan

Viperfan Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Game Designer

--- Double Post Merged, Jan 4, 2018, Original Post Date: Jan 4, 2018 ---
    just kidding, you're hella chill and you were a decent staff so yeah you would be good as staff again
    +1

iKitten, smk and EllieEllie like this.
  3. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

+1

4. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

+1

However, what seperates you from the other applicants currently? I’m having trouble seeing what you could offer that the staff team doesn’t have.

-Edit-

Now I understand how you can benefit the staff team!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    smk and iKitten like this.
  5. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

I already have the basic experience as a helper that would be useful in allowing me to skip a lot of the training if needed. I am also very passionate about a lot of things, and would be very useful in projects.

Also, through speech and debate I have learned to convey my thoughts in as convincing and as professional way as possible. Couple this with the fact I try to find a solution for every problem I come across, and suddenly I am able to help give ideas to help the server.

I didn’t mention it in my application too much; but I also am online often when there are no moderation staff (helper or mod) and sometimes no staff at all. (Early morning American EST isn’t staffed as often as other times) And i could be beneficial in taking some pressure off of the other staff members if I can come online and moderate the server without needing anyone else.

Another reason. I believe I have ties with the community that would help in knowing the discontent of the community, and being able to come up with solutions as I present the problem to the rest of the team. I imagine it as kind of being a representative, if that makes sense. For instance, if a player sees a problem with skyblock, I can convey their issue as professionally as possible to the team, and at the same time figure out a solution that could remedy the problem.

To be short; I believe it’s my problem solving abilities, experience/play time, and my passion/expression that set me apart from the other candidates.

Thank you for the reply!

iKitten, alex77034 and EllieEllie like this.
  6. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

this, this is a good thing, arguing with you is actually an experience that leads to a better understanding (hopefully) on both ends, I think that's why Clue is so liked even though he lacks any sort of personality: he's 100% professional and doesn't let...well, anything really change that. As far as why you stopped being staff in the first place (I think you were staff at one point), I do think you could clear that up for some players who weren't involved in that (was it a resignation? a demotion? I didn't see it either way in your app) I guess I'm a +0.5 for this one, as I think you'd be very professional and calm in handling situations even when they get a bit out of hand, but I don't know what else you contribute that's unique

7. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

I resigned as staff because time commitments arose that I felt I couldn’t spend enough time on meep while I had to do those other activities. These problems were because I was juggling soccer, marching band, drumline practices, speech and debate, Robotics, and relationship crap all at the same time. Now, all I have is Robotics and speech and debate, and I feel I have enough time to spend it again on meep. So, it wasn’t a demotion, no, and I didn’t resign because I disagreed with something; it was just that I felt like I didn’t have the time to give to meep at that period.

I tried to explain the answer to the uniqueness in my last reply; essentially just being passionate while being able to come up with solutions and present them, it’s a skill I think would be beneficial for the team, and is a little uncommon in most organizations.

Thanks for the reply!

8. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

Good point.

smk likes this.
  9. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

See, this is a good thing, and it here's why I asked:
    You resigned because you were prioritizing something (real life) over meep, something drastically more important. Some people don't have their priorities set straight, and that can mess them up later, glad to see you know what's important,
    I see no other problems in your app or character, so I guess I'm a +1, no reason not to be!

Hyori, iKitten, xAZN_SJx and 2 others like this.
  10. 0zblox

0zblox Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Architect

+1

11. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

-1 because only clueless can write that much & it be okay.

smk likes this.
  12. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Bump, need stuff to work on in case this is denied :) (hopefully it won’t be)

13. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

You were a swell dude when I partially worked with you, and that makes me think you'll be a swell dude working with other staff members
    +1

smk likes this.
  14. OKNEM

OKNEM Celebrity Meeper

I don't see any reason not to +1. I'd love to see you back on the team.

smk likes this.
  15. xAZN_SJx

xAZN_SJx Celebrity Meeper

I don't recall ever interacting with you, but your maturity and dedication can be easily observed. The amount of approval and praise from the community itself speaks volumes about your character, and your potential as staff. Best of luck! +1

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

smk and Vexmae like this.
  16. MasterTurtle

MasterTurtle Popular Meeper

Why am I not a reference! :mad: Great dude, +1

smk likes this.
  17. Ace

Ace Celebrity Meeper

When I came back you've instantly offered to help me which is really nice. I can also see that you are someone who wants to change the server for better which is someone we badly need right now.
    +1
    Good luck.

smk likes this.
  18. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

Accepted for Interview!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.