1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from shiroppy

Discussion in 'Denied' started by shiroppy, May 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shiroppy

shiroppy Celebrity Meeper

Member Name shiroppy

Additional In Game Names: PTFC21, XxLoyalPandaxX, _RoyalQueen_, QueeenTiitan, Queenyx, QueenTiitan, Shirouuu

How old are you? 16

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 4+

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 4+

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? Yes

References: Please give IGN's chloeunicorn12

When did you join Meepcraft? February 2th 2015

Introduction: When I first joined in 2015, not many knew me. I was just 10 years old playing Meep with my sister. I made many towns, a few of their names being Elchea, Alfheim, Fiore, Elvens_Guard, etc. I worked on helping players get a place to live, and get settled onto the server. I managed to build a town that reached up to 200 residents. Although owning many big towns, I didn’t get to be very known until I became a helper when I was 11. People criticized me for being so young, but I managed to get the position. Then about a month later I was promoted to Moderator. On my staff run I met many people, and helped new players. But eventually I ran out of the passion I had to play MeepCraft. I didn’t feel like I was contributing to the staff team, so I resigned. Now it’s 2020 and since the revamp I have been playing about eight hours a day or more. I would say twelve hours but that’s a bit embarrassing. I think that’s enough evidence to show that I have regained my passion for Minecraft.
    Additional things about me include that I have hobbies of rollerblading, and smaller hobbies of painting and volunteering. I enjoy doing stuff to make me feel happier such as cleaning my house, collecting candles, sometimes doing yoga. In school I’m more of a quiet character. I am a straight A student. I play a lot of Overwatch but my 3000+ hours don’t mean anything since I’m still only platinum. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. Also in my free time I watch anime.I’m currently watching One Piece, Bleach, Black Clover and My Hero Academia.
    If you have any questions about who I am as a person please feel free to message me! I’m always chatting in global about random things.

Why should you be Helper? During my last run as staff in 2016 I was described as mature, thoughtful, caring, and dedicated. Despite being eleven years old I was called extremely mature for my age. I had been able to take control of situations and be able to be serious when needed. Yes I was still immature, but I took my position as staff very seriously. I believe many view my last run as staff in a positive light, as I always stayed somewhat neutral. I didn’t do anything too extreme, I was just a person on the staff team. I was very active, and spent most of my time either in my town or doing mod requests. My activity is due to the fact that I enjoyed being a part of the community. Being staff made me feel like I was even more a part of the community, as I was able to help it run smoothly.
    I believe I still am mature. I believe even more mature as then, as I have better thinking capability. I can respond to situations better in the way that I handle them more professionally. I have more experience with rules then I did even when I was previously staff. I have been told how I poorly handled problems in my previous time as staff, and I believe it’s simply because I didn’t know the best way to handle the situations. As I have matured I have built that ability to handle situations better. The ability to help make a player feel satisfied with the resolution of their problem.
    I was also described as thoughtful as I handled problems diligently. When encountering a problem that was unknown to me I made sure to keep an open mind to make sure the problem was solved smoothly. One of the things I always make sure to do is keep an open mind. This helps me be able to find the most fair solution to a problem. I always make sure to listen to all sides to find the best way to handle the situation. I believe this is a good quality because it restricts a situation from getting out of hand. I believe if I were to not listen to both sides it would lead to an overreaction, and blow out of proportion. So because of that, I always try to be fair!
    In addition to being thoughtful, I believe the caring aspect of my personality goes along with it. My family has always had a history with anxiety, although I don’t believe I have it as bad. But I overthink a lot. I might overthink so much that it affects how I am as a staff member. I make sure to acknowledge every aspect of a problem to be able to solve it fully. I don’t want things half-assed, I want to make sure you are happy with the resolution of your problem.
    I don’t want to just be another staff member that does mod requests. I have the skills to ban cheaters, whether that be in pvp or xrayers. In my last run as staff, I didn’t have any experience in catching hackers. I didn’t get much training on it either. So, I had difficulty banning xrayers. I even mistakenly banned one. My fault was that I didn’t communicate with other staff members. I should have. I have learned that if I’m going to be dealing with an important ban, I should always get advice. Although, in the pvp world, I believe I can offer more advice on how to detect if one is hacking. In our staff team, we don’t have many people who are too experienced in pvp, so dealing with pvp hackers has been a difficult process.
    In school, it can be shown that I have a good work ethic. Many know me as a good student as I have good grades. I complete my work on time, and I work hard to maintain an A in my classes. This work ethic can translate back to my ability to be a staff member. During my time as staff, I worked hard to solve problems. Even with challenging players, I kept patient to help them. I spent a lot of my time doing mod requests, and occasionally trying to find hackers. Hopefully if accepted, I wish to work even harder to catch hackers.
    This community is one I enjoy being in. I have been dedicated to it for awhile, although I have been inactive in some years, I keep coming back to it. Since the revamp, I have played almost everyday. My motivation for playing MeepCraft, is to be a part of the community. Since the revamp, my oldest friends have joined back. Although, some have left because of their distaste with the server. I wish to be a staff member that can make sure new players, or old stay at MeepCraft. To continue the success of the server. How would I do this? Since being a town owner, I always make sure to be patient with residents. They normally don’t know all of the commands or how to play the server. I made sure to take as long as they needed to help them understand the servers intricacies. I know my way through commands, and how to make meebles/skulls. I use this to be able to help new players. Doing this, I believe it prevents a new player from getting frustrated and leaving. And for old players, by being a staff member I will be an ear for their concerns. I am very active, and my sleep schedule is a bit messed up so I am awake at hours when there are no moderation staff online. As I have said, I try to be fair. I want to be a staff member that can be the voice of the pvp player base, and other players. I believe I can give a different view on problems that other staff have.

What are your weaknesses? It is somewhat hard to find weaknesses myself, although it is easy for others to point out my downfalls. If something about me that has bothered you in the past isn’t included in this section, please go to me. I always try to keep an open mind, and I will work on any negative thing you have about me.
    One of my downfalls is my introvertness. I may not be the most well known by everybody, and I always stick with the same group of people. I don’t believe being an introvert is a bad thing, but it prevents me from talking much in discord, forums, or in global. I always try to be active by talking to other people, but sometimes I just prefer working in my town. I have definitely branched out more than I used to, and became more social. I believe this is because my confidence has gotten a lot better.

Another downfall, is the occasional times of immaturity. Sometimes I let someone get the best of me, and I talk back to them in chat. I need to control my anger. I have worked on this already, by trying to be more likable in chat.

On occasion I enjoy being toxic. This isn’t a trait a staff member usually has, but I don’t believe it is as bad of a trait to have. I wouldn’t be toxic to someone I barely knew, mostly I am just playing at one of my friends in VoidGang. It’s all fun and games. Although, I need to acknowledge not everyone understands the intent behind my words. I have never branched further than something that could really harm someone. But, if something I have said bothers you, please message me. I will work on what I do and don’t say, and filter myself.

I have been permanently banned somewhat recently. It was for bug abuse. Basically, me and my friend got frustrated at the inability to find diamonds. We found that in the region close to the world borders, there were vanilla caves and ore generations. We abused it, and got a lot of diamonds and other ores. It was something I didn’t really think of being harmful to the server, but I definitely should have given it another thought. Ever since being unbanned, I have been quick to report bugs or other things that aren’t supposed to happen on the server. This shows that you can trust that I won’t ever do something illegal on the server.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: Other references include: Sqreix, LegendCaleb, qazini, Midnight_Galaxy, and CluelessKlutz.

2. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

+1
    EDIT: Would be a useful member to the team

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    shiroppy likes this.
  3. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

yikeeeee

lmao

not usually too analytical of applications, but I can’t tell if you’re being serious or not

but +1 nothing matters

gl

4. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

If chloeunicorn thinks you’ve got it in you then I do too +1

5. shiroppy

shiroppy Celebrity Meeper

I definitely should of worded the toxic section, I meant that I don’t have much boundaries with my friends, but I am able to filter myself around people I don’t know.

What I meant is that it has been a month since the ban, and I have learned from my mistakes. I am serious about applying for helper.

GroovyGrevous likes this.
  6. Thee Boss

Thee Boss Celebrity Meeper

From Oregon so it’s an easy +1

LexKristen and shiroppy like this.
  7. Noblefish_

Noblefish_ Worst Architect Ever

I feel like whilst you may have some of the qualities of staff, there have been some issues regarding maturity in shout and when dealing with players. Staff positions are highly stressful, especially at the current time with many old players returning and being highly critical of the staff team and the server in general. Having seen how you handle criticism first hand I would have to say I don’t believe that you would be able to handle the toxicity of those players easily and as such the results could be disastrous.

For this reason I’m going to say -1, although should I see you demonstrate otherwise whilst I am online, I will change this to a plus. Best of luck with your application.

8. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

I feel you are a little to immature at the moment and have trouble taking criticism. Also my ears are still bleeding from when you were screaming on vc cause your minecraft dog died.

9. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Shiro if I'm not mistaken you where a staff member I assisted with a thing or two during my time. Don't take it too serious and have fun with players, it won't be stressful at all.
    +1

10. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

+/- you seem to be a very good fit for the team but with your recent ban I’d say 3-5 months and you’ll be there! Good Luck!

shiroppy likes this.
  11. Viperfan

Viperfan Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Game Designer

+1 you were a good mod back in 2016 and i believe you'd be a good staff again

CasualNuker and shiroppy like this.
  12. Katronica

Katronica Celebrity Meeper

+1 I think you have what it takes to be apart of the staff team

shiroppy likes this.
  13. ProofMan

ProofMan Active Meeper

Was a solid staff member before, also sorry for killing ur dog
    +1

shiroppy likes this.
  14. SurvivingSword11

SurvivingSword11 Celebrity Meeper

Shiro—
    Great application! You are not only there to help me personally when I have dumb questions, but you are also constantly active in global chat answering other individuals’ questions. Being in Void Gang with you, I have seen first-hand how welcoming you are to new players by providing starter advice. Your prior moderation position is also a massive advantage given your experience and already-proven ability in executing the tasks of the position! +1

shiroppy likes this.
  15. Alepty

Alepty Popular Meeper

Shiroppy +1 for sure. Since I have been back I got to know you. You are very kind and helpful with everyone that has questions including old players like me. I remember you being a good moderator back in the day, always very attentive and responsive in chat. You are a quality member of the meepcraft community and you definitely have my vote.

SurvivingSword11 and shiroppy like this.
  16. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

Hey shiro, unfortunately we've decided to deny your application. If you'd like to talk about the reasons, please reach out to me on discord.

Vexmae likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.