1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from qazini

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by qazini, Dec 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

Member Name qazini

Additional In Game Names: None

How old are you? 17

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 1-2

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 3-4

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? Yes

References: Please give IGN's CluelessKlutz, AdrianBFaust, Synergizer, boombox123, oKling, Achrow, bloodyghost

When did you join Meepcraft? June 2016

Introduction: Hi, I’m qaz. My general introduction has not changed much from the last time I applied. I still like hiking, playing board games, and reading (my favorite is still high fantasy, but I will read anything good that falls into my hands), and I still mine obscene amounts of quartz while listening to podcasts (Reply All, Cortex, Conversations with People Who Hate Me, In the Dark). I’m also a mayor in Legend and I am hoping to revitalize my old town, Peachstreet, which is now a district in Legend.

Why should you be Helper? I’ve been staff on Meep for a year. I ran Meeptimes for a good portion of that time, conducting interviews and making sure that everything was running smoothly. I was always on top of moderation and questions. I built parkour courses for holidays and helped with the general design of the events as well. I was consistently active throughout all my time as staff. When I held the position of supermod, I made sure to communicate with mods and helpers about their strengths and weaknesses on a regular basis. I work well with others, no matter who they are. I do not mind mind-numbing but necessary work – on multiple occasions I have spent dozens of hours within a period of less than a week looking through logs. I plan on continuing doing whatever is necessary for my role to the best of my abilities, just as I have done before.

What are your weaknesses? For one, I’m not good at communicating my opinion, particularly if I disagree with the general consensus. I like to avoid conflict to a degree that is unhelpful when it comes to idea generation or thinking about the future. However, I am challenging myself to stand up for my opinions, even if they go against the rest of the group.

Additionally, I always struggled with balance in responses to transgressions. I never felt that I figured out exactly what was fair and at what point. This is related to seeking to avoid conflict – I obviously didn’t want people to break server rules, but I didn’t want to overreact either. I always had trouble in finding the line between permissible and not. I did get better at it over time, but it was still bothersome, even as a supermod. I hope that with even more time I get even better at it.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: As I mentioned in my introduction, I am busy with schoolwork. I try my best to stay on top of it and allow time for Meepcraft, but it is not always perfect. I will likely be more active as the winter ends. However, even during periods of inactivity, I will always communicate why and for how long I will be gone.

Thank you for reading my application, I look forward to seeing your comments.

iKitten, boombox123, Meznik and 8 others like this.
  2. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

+1
    Staff team is lacking a panini

agnd and qazini like this.
  3. bloodyghost

bloodyghost local haunt

Qazini has a stellar reputation that precedes her in everything she does, 'nuff said. +1

qazini likes this.
  4. IzzSt

IzzSt Celebrity Meeper

+1 :p

iKitten and qazini like this.
  5. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

+panini

6. Orion9

Orion9 Popular Meeper

You are an amazingly helpful player, even when your not in a staff role, this is a well deserved +1!

iKitten, bloodyghost and qazini like this.
  7. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Just apply for smod +1

iKitten, bloodyghost and qazini like this.
  8. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

All for you coming back +1

9. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

10. Meznik

Meznik Celebrity Meeper

+1 Always tells me to shut up when I'm being a mean boy

11. 417Mario

417Mario Celebrity Meeper