1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from PrestigeTom

Discussion in 'Denied' started by PrestigeTom, Jan 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrestigeTom

PrestigeTom Popular Meeper

Member Name PrestigeTom

Additional In Game Names: SoNotTom

How old are you? 15

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 4-8

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 6-10

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? Yes

References: Please give IGN's @AdrianFBaust @Viperfan

When did you join Meepcraft? February 8th, 2015

Introduction: Hello All! My name is PrestigeTom, for all of you who don't recognise my name, you may remember SoNotTom. I live in Wales, United Kingdom, go to a normal high school and live a pretty boring life. I currently have a Saturday job with football which I think personally has given great confidence and brilliant life skills in how I personally act as a person and how I speak to others.

I highly enjoy a lot of activities involving design and architecture and I play many sports in my spare time including football, golf and mountain walking. I have also volunteered as coach for the junior local football team which has also given me a lot of confidence.

For me, one of the best things I enjoy doing is being around other people. I think I can easily join in with a conversation, no matter the topic. I work well with others and get along with everyone.
    Although I spend quite a bit of time on the server, I also go out the house a lot doing different things with my friends and family.

Why should you be Helper? I think there are many qualities needed to be a good Helper: Authority, kinda, helpful, and understanding. I look up to many staff members on the server and I see these qualities in them and I also see my myself with these qualities.

I think that I am a relatable person and I try to be understanding, kind and helpful everyday which I think I’ve done a pretty good job at. I think I can chat new people about any topic and allow them to understand and I think people aren’t scared to speak to me. Each day I log onto the server and usually the second thing I do is ask in chat “does anyone need any help with anything”. I always try and help any situation and work out a equal solution to benefit both players. New players to the town and server always have a good welcome from me and I’m always ready to help anybody.

I know that being a staff member is a difficult job but I think with my past experiences I can control any situation and not be scared or hesitant with my decision. Out of the 4 years I’ve played Meep, I’ve seen plenty of good staff members and I always look at their techniques and ways of fixing problems which has also helped me greatly to be able to help others each day.

Understanding is one of the most important qualities for a staff member. I would be the staff member who doesn’t just deal with the problem by punishing the bad but I would understand the situation, found out how people got to were they are and work out the correct solution. A person who doesn’t have understanding isn’t a person I inspire to be like.

What are your weaknesses? I think my biggest weakness is that I think people can get a reaction from me can get me pretty annoyed, I tend to always control myself
    but I don’t appreciate other people wasting my time and making stupid jokes about me or the current situation.
    Plus, I think that maybe not a lot of players know who I am, but this is something I definitely working on.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: I’ve been on the server for 4 years-ish and I’ve experienced a lot on the server, I played for around 2 years and at that time it was the best server I’d ever played but as I grew older and just started secondary school I had about a year break but when I came back I was better than before and ready to start again with a new name and town. Since I came back, all I’ve wanted is to give back into the community and I want the best for everyone which is something I’m currently trying to do, slowly but gradually making a word for myself and making my self better and helping the community in any way possible.

I would also like to thank everyone on the server who has ever helped me in any way and I wish to give back to them in any way possible.

2. minetifa

minetifa Celebrity Meeper

Short app, immature player.
    not a weakness.
    an everybody problem which you undermine by essentially saying you don't let it affect you at all.

Meznik and boombox123 like this.
  3. PrestigeTom

What has made you think I am a immature player? but otherwise totally understand and love the feedback, thankyou

4. boombox123

boombox123 Celebrity Meeper

also you play way less than you stated

5. PrestigeTom

Thankyou for your feedback but I do have to say I do play for those hours and a lot of the time you wern't online so I find it difficult for you to say I don't play those hours

6. boombox123

I'm uk as well, and you're never on UK times, I'm also on a lot of US time (as of before Jan 3rd so tell me if you're more active)

7. PrestigeTom

You will understand that school is something that can stop someone from playing but once I'm home I do play on the server. I can't say I play through the night during peak time but I do play from around 4pm - 9pm. I also think that there could be more staff members online during the UK time, that is something I can help with.

8. boombox123

I play 4-12 pm after school and im in uk

9. PrestigeTom

Well you did before you hacked but sure, I sometimes have other priorities after school, that's just life

10. Meznik

Meznik Celebrity Meeper

this is an application, not "roastng" yourself
    anyways,
    when you played more before I remember you being pretty immature like minetifa said.

11. PrestigeTom

I want to know how I've come across as immature?

12. minetifa

minetifa Celebrity Meeper

I understand wanting feedback, but replying to every single thing that is said on your app is another extremely immature thing to do.

Pinpointing what you do isn't going to happen; you're just immature.

Erebus45 and Meznik like this.
  13. zsuzsu

zsuzsu Popular Meeper

I don’t really have an opinion on the application as a whole, although I must say one of the things I avoided in mine was having arguments in the thread itself. It detracts from your application and makes you seem more immature for simply arguing about people’s opinions.

14. PseudoGod

PseudoGod Celebrity Meeper

I used to tear apart staff applications- I have time on my hands so I'm going to do that now
    Red = your app, purple = my comments
    I would say your application is quite weak because it doesn't go in far enough as to why you should be a helper and you underestimate your weaknesses in the section where you must rebute arguments as to why you should be helper.

Additionally while I found your replies humorous it's not an appropriate tone for a staff member on the Meepcraft Minecraft Server

cooey, Erebus45, Meznik and 1 other person like this.
  15. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

Sorry Tom I like ya a lot but this is not fit for staff -1

16. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Hi tom! Unfortunately we have decided to deny your application at this time. Feel free to message me on Discord at CluelessKlutz#2898 for precise reasons and tips for applying in the future, thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.