1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from Ocifer

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Liam, Dec 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liam

Liam Fergalicious, baby

Member Name Ocifer

Additional In Game Names: Liampuffles, FridayLaughs, Others. Alts: Luckyplusseven, Christofir

How old are you? 17

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 1-3

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 3-7

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? Yes

References: Please give IGN's _Peero_, Synergizer, AdrianBFaust, cooey3, agnd, Achrow, Llamazon

When did you join Meepcraft? July 2, 2014

Introduction: Hi, my name in-game name is Ocifer, but I’ve changed my name several times. My real name is Liam, I’ve been playing on meep for over five years now, recently being accepted as an Architect and helping with the Meepcraft Revamp. I’m a junior in high school, and after school, I participate in Band, Choir, and Theatre. I’ve been apart of thirteen plays/musicals at my school, I’m our band’s French Horn section leader, and I am apart of my school’s top audition mixed choir. I’m looking to turn the Theatre gig into a career one day, but for now my main goal is improvement. Over the past few years, my main focus is self-growth in kindness and leadership. Like I said in my Architect application, I love to be apart of a group and enhance our overall productivity, kindness, and effectiveness. Teamwork can sometimes be tricky but overcoming those obstacles is what I’m all about. Meepcraft’s community has helped me work on this in a surprising amount.

Why should you be Helper? For over four years, I’ve been looking to give back to the Meepcraft community in as many ways as I can. Being apart of the Architect team for the past five months have given me the opportunity to give back to Meepcraft, which I’m incredibly grateful for. Over the past five years that I’ve been playing on Meep, I’ve been searching for something to help with on the server. Whether it was answering someone’s question in Global or helping with the new spawn, I found a calling in helping people.
    Building for the server is an honor, and I’m more than happy to help in that way. One of the main things that I’ve learned while being an Architect is that I truly do care about the community. Seeing people’s attitude during the lull of Meepcraft has been upsetting, but encouraging people to stay on and telling people about the server’s upcoming features has been exciting for me. Not only do I enjoy it, but those actions that promote the server motivate others to stay, as well as building bonds with players. As an Architect, I’ve also loved having the pleasure of representing Meepcraft itself.
    Meepcraft’s community brings out a kinder “me” and when I’m apart of that community, I
    reflect a positive attitude towards players. Before and during staff, I enjoyed consistently helping players with questions and requests that were called for. I intend to keep this trend, regardless of rank.
    When I applied for Architect in July, I was much more active and acknowledged that my activity would drop when the school season would start. As anticipated, this occurred, however, I promised to continuously work through the lines and be as active as I can. This hasn’t changed, however I’m not the most active staff member. However, when it comes down to staff, we need some more active players that aren’t Architects. When I was accepted as Architect, I was excited to give back and help people through building, but found myself at a loss when helping players. Asking higher staff was convenient, but not always quickly effective. As a staff member, I find a natural responsibility that when I’m online, I should be of use to players in need. Giving back to the server through building has been an honor, and I’m ready to help in a different way.
    To clarify, this is not a resignation application. Being an Architect on Meep has changed me for the better, and I’m happy where I am. I do not regret applying and being an Architect, nor am I ungrateful. I admit that my participation and activity isn’t what it needs to be to the degree of architects that Meep needs for the revamp. Regardless of rank, I’m more than happy to pitch in with the building skills that I have if needed. I enjoy having the responsibilities that I do now, however, I’d rather be enhancing development than dragging it. As of right now, I hate to admit that I feel like I’m dragging the Architect team with availability.
    Instead of being upset about this, I’d like to try a different approach to help Meepcraft. I know as my skills of kindness and leadership are growing, I can develop myself as well as a community to promote leaders and kindness. With this kind of general behavior that I can provide, the community will have a general positive attitude and lift the atmosphere of players. This can encourage kindness across the board, as well as raise attractive attitudes for potential applicants.
    The revamp has been a huge process that I’ve only barely begun to be apart of. Building for it has been a blast, however, I can only do the best I can with the skills I have as well as battling availability. Architect availability, in my opinion, is different than availability requirements as a Helper. As a Helper, I can benefit Meep during the revamp way more. When I’m on the server, I’d like to be online interacting with players. Architect has often required developing elsewhere and although I get to build for the server, I feel distant from it. I find myself much more useful helping players in the moment rather than constructing a long-time process for the server. As well as, I enjoy that method of assistance much more and if possible, would like to practice it more with the Helper rank. The revamp, as many already know, will include a lot of new features such as PG 13 chat. Since I’ve been playing on the server for five years, I know what most players have been through in certain changes that are similar to these. Introducing new staff in general for a revamp or a redrafting of rules is highly beneficial, as new norms become the material that new staff members are trained on. Simply, if a Helper knows to allow PG 13 chat, they will know exactly what that should look like, and will have an easy time enforcing it.
    Meepcraft’s new revamp will be a long process for all of us, but friendly faces helping people with the exciting transition are necessary. Availability has been a bit of a struggle for me during school, yet I am confident to say that as an Architect, my ability to provide for the server has felt not as a flop, but slow.
    To reiterate, I am not unhappy with being Architect; I am more than appreciative. I’d just like to take a different approach in helping the server. I know if I am selected as a Helper, I will provide much more for Meep and motivate not only players but also Staff Members to come back and see what we’ve been working on.
    I am so proud to be apart of this server, and I am looking to assist however I can. Architect has been a small term for me that has meant so much. Participating and helping has opened my eyes and I am so thankful to be apart of a fantastic team. I want to clarify once more, I am not dissatisfied with Architect. However, I feel like I can do more as a Helper, and I hope to do so to benefit everyone.

What are your weaknesses? As mentioned before, availability has been an issue. In a few weeks, I’ll be heading back into school while also handling a musical. This isn’t too much for me, but can often result in being a conflict. However, this is a main reason why Helper is appealing to me. Not that it requires less commitment, but that my schedule can work much more effectively as a Helper than as Architect.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: Thank you so much for reading my application. I know it was a mouthful, but I’d love as much feedback as possible. Thank you.

2. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

+1 One of the best guys I know on this server, genuinely a nice and caring guy and has showed a number of times how much he cares for others. Also active and being architect, has experience with staff.

Meznik, bloodyghost and Liam like this.
  3. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

Very nice person, knows how to be fun but level-headed, stops people from making a horrible mess of my plot.
    Would love to see you as a helper :)

iKitten, Meznik, KyloMeep and 2 others like this.
  4. bloodyghost

bloodyghost local haunt

Haven't really known Oci much until recently, but he seems like an intelligent, kind, and straightforward guy who would be an amazing helper.
    In terms of the app, I would have liked to have seen more deliberation from your Weaknesses section. Knowing how a player works in a team is really important, and having a lot of self evaluation makes your app a lot stronger. +1

iKitten, qazini and Meznik like this.
  5. Meznik

Meznik Celebrity Meeper

+1 Oci is very nice and smart, and also his favorite animal is a red panda which are adorable

SpongeyStar, iKitten and qazini like this.
  6. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Hi, I don't know you personally so I'll just comment on your application. You present a convincing case for why you should be helper. However, there is one point in your app that concerns me.

Yes there was a commotion regarding the state of this server. However, ask yourself, is frustration the reaction a staff member should take when faced with criticism? Yes, I admit, a lot of it was emotional. But how would you handle a situation like this if you are upset? The way you mention this incident suggests that you may ignore criticism and praise the staff team categorically.
    This may seem like a small point, but this exactly is what some players are concerned about.

Besides this, your application was excellent. I hope you will reflect on my concern if you get accepted.

Liam likes this.
  7. Viperfan

Viperfan Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Game Designer

yea i still have no idea who tf you are but +1 u seem cool

8. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

you told me to stop dicing yet you would keep trying to dice me :(

jokes, +1 I never really knew you before but now I play more you seem nice and are friendly and helpful!

Meznik likes this.
  9. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

After internal discussion, we have decided to deny this application. Please see me on Discord for any questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.