1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from Mettekes

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Mettekes, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mettekes

Mettekes Popular Meeper

Member Name Mettekes

Additional In Game Names: None

How old are you? 15

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 2-4 +

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 5-7 +

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? Yes

References: Please give IGN's CuddlyKittens14, Vexleton, JBock007, NinjaRoxy, melynarra, Istas_Sani, cooey3, qazini, EllieEllie, CluelessKlutz

When did you join Meepcraft? April 4th, 2018 (I also played in 2015 on Manspence a bit)

Introduction: Hiya, I’m Mettekes! I also go by names like Mett, Metty, and Met. I used to own the town called Solitude, but I decided to try something new and moved to Legend, and now I’m a builder and recruiter in the town. Most people would say that I’m new to the server, but I’m quite active. I am on as much as I can during almost every day.

The main activity I do during my hours outside of being online is band. I play many instruments including flute, piccolo, piano, alto saxophone, I also sing a bit. I can play many other instruments, just not that well. I’m in marching band season right now, and we currently have all 3 of our movements on the field with the songs set and memorized.

I really enjoy listening to music, and I’m listening to it pretty much 24/7. Most people ask “What kind of music do you listen to?” and I respond with “Everything BUT country” (sorry all country lovers here). I put on random playlists on Pandora, and stick with it. I always enjoy having it on, but sometimes I pause it when I go to do something, but end up not un-pausing it for an hour or two.

I am a Sophomore in high school right now, and I’m not as busy as I thought I would be. I have a lot of free time on my hands after school and homework. My hours for school for the first semester of the school year goes from 6am-5pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. On Wednesdays and Fridays it goes from 6am-3pm. The main reason it goes that long is for marching band practice after school, and an early morning class. I enjoy most of my school classes, which is kind of shocking. I thought I would hate it in school this year, but surprisingly I have had a pretty good time. I take all the ordinary classes, but take advanced math and English.

Moving. I move a lot, and that’s for my dad’s job. I am living in Wyoming at the moment, in the 12th town of my life. I’ve moved about four times in the past three years of my life. A lot of people ask if it is hard to move, which it is, sometimes. The most hard move I’ve done was only recently where I had to move to where I live right now. The difficulty of moving all depends on where you are moving from and to. If you live in the same place for a while, it will be hard to leave your friends but it’s nice to meet new people and go new places for a change.

Why should you be Helper? I have a lot of positive traits. These traits are trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship. Having each of these traits are key to being a great helper, and they are very important to become a great person that is loved by many.

The first trait that I show is trustworthiness. In trustworthiness a person has to be an honest, loyal, and reliable person. I show all of these traits. I help people out in any way that I can,. If somebody were to ask me to do something, I would be able to pull it off in the amount of time that they needed it to be done, and they could rely on the fact that I am and would do that task. Being able to have somebody rely on you is a big part of making new friends, and keeping those friends throughout your life. I am an honest person at all times, and I never lie to people. Being an honest person is part of being able to be relied on. Loyalty is a huge part of my life, because I have experience where close friends have not been loyal to me and back-stabbed me. Being loyal will help other people know that you are a trustworthy person.

Being a respectful person is a great way to communicate with others. You have to show consideration, responsibility in decisions, good manners, and you are respectful. I show each of these things in respect. People will know that I am able to make decisions on my own, and carry them out. For the decisions I make, there is usually something that leads up. I make good decisions in life generally, ensuring that people know I show the trait respect. I can also show good manners in most situations when it is needed. Showing good manners in front of new people is very important just to show that you are a responsible person. I am also a very respectful person, and show respect to authorities, such as staff.

Responsibility is a huge one. You have to be self controlled, you have to think before you act, you have to be accountable for yourself, and you have to complete the tasks that you start. Each of these things are something that I do and I am. I am a very self controlled person, and it is pretty self explanatory in the way I act in the different situations that are at hand. I most always think before I act, and if something is said by me that wasn’t meant to said I say my apologies and make sure everybody clearly knows that what I said was meant in a different way. I am accountable for myself, and anything that I do will be either fixed, or improved greatly. Each task that I start is generally finished, unless I bit off more than I could chew. If that is the case, then I either ask people for help, or a guiding hand.

When somebody else wants something the same as you do, you have to respect that and be sure to let them have the same opportunities that you have had or want to have. You have to play by all the rules, be open minded, and not take advantage of any others, and there you have fairness. I always am playing by the rules, and generally ask if something is against the rules before taking act on it. If it is against the rules then I do not do it, and try to figure out something different to be done. I am a pretty open minded person, and make sure of that. When people make new ideas, I give my honest opinion. I like finding new ideas and giving feedback on if they are either good or bad. I always am choosing one way over the other, but if one way is better I can always switch over to that and be very open minded about either side. I never take advantage of others. I have experience with being taken advantage of, and it is not something fun or anything that other people will want to go through. Being taken advantage of can hurt a person’s self-esteem and confidence in life, and making somebody go through that is something that nobody should wish upon another person.

The next trait, is caring. To be a caring person you have to be kind and compassionate, grateful, and forgiving. All of these apply to me as well. I am always a kind person in most situations. I joke around sometimes, but apologize afterwards if that person took it seriously and have a chat with them. I am a compassionate person by showing compassion to those who need a helping hand. I like boosting people up, and making sure they know they are worth effort and not worth what others may say about them. I am a very grateful person, and always say my thanks to people when they do something as simple as open the door for me. Whenever people are serving me, I say please and thank you. It is important to let them know how kind of a person you are. I am a forgiving person as well. Forgiving people for lying to me is key, and then move on. Never bring that lie up again, unless they bring it back up willing to talk about it. Letting them know that you moved on from that and forgive them is as simple as saying “It’s okay, I understand why you did these things.”

Watch how active you are, being active and making people feel liked on the server is good citizenship. Making people safe and happy, a safe and happy environment, being interested in the surroundings and taking part of them, obeying rules and laws, and respecting authorities is showing good citizenship. For me, most of these are just common sense. I always make people feel part of everything that they would like to be apart of, and make sure that they can do what they want in activities, etc. I make sure that the environment around people are okay by switching conversations if they need to be switched. Being interested in the things that other people are doing, and check out what they are doing in their time is a fun thing to do, watching people grow as a citizen in the server. I do not break the rules, and strictly follow them. When people are breaking the rules, I go and tell authorities as soon as possible. I respect those authorities, and show them that they are people worth being respected for all of the work that they do for the people around them.

Showing all of these traits is an important part of being a good and helpful person. I show each of these traits by just being mindful of other people, and my surroundings. Taking care of what I say and do also is a big part of making sure that I show all of these traits. Everything is tied to those few simple things, and they are fairly easy to follow.

What are your weaknesses? I have a few weaknesses that I am currently working on. I am one of those people who just loves to have fun. When people in global are there having fun, I join in and sometimes it gets out of hand. Generally when that happens, I try to stop right away but sometimes don’t.

When there are people that annoy me, or make me mad, I try my best to be their friend but sometimes fail. There’s one instance on Meepcraft that included one other person and I, whom I will not mention, were pretty good friends. That friend told me something that was not true, and told more lies to cover that lie. I was pretty hurt, and was very mad at them. I wasn’t that good of a person to them after they had lied, and I got in an argument over what happened. We both were yelling at each other, and making things up about each other that were pretty harmful in both cases. I ended up telling staff.

In global chat I can sometimes get out of hand in joking around with others. Joking around with others is pretty fun, and let me tell you, it makes some pretty great stories. I also can be slightly immature on days that this happens, and a lot of people call me out on that. To fix this, I will make sure to not talk about things that are not supposed to be talked about in global chat. Also, I will not be obnoxious in the chat.

I can be pretty rude without even meaning it. A lot of times, when somebody is being annoying I come back with a snarky or rude comment. This can hurt people, and make things complicated, leading to things that could be harmful to more than one person. When I have a problem like saying something rude, I will be sure to apologize and make everybody know what I meant.

I am not very active on discord, and do not really check it at all. I had to make a new account because I forgot all the information on my last account due to inactivity. To fix this, I will try and be logged into discord whenever I am online the server, just as I do with forums. Trying to be active on this will help me be more aware of what’s going on outside of the server.

I plan to fix all of these weaknesses, and have been in that process for a while now. Fixing these can be a hard thing, but will be pushed through no matter what. When these are fixed, it will make me a better example towards other players of the server, and can be very helpful. I see a helper and any staff as an example for other players around the server, which is what I strive to be as well.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: Thanks for reading my application! If you have any suggestions for me to better myself please tell me:)

cooey, CrohnZero, iKitten and 8 others like this.
  2. JBock007

JBock007 Celebrity Meeper

You seem like you would be a good git for the job. +1

(Nice Work on Weaknesses)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    SuperDyl and Mettekes like this.
  3. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

+1 You'd do a good job as staff

Mettekes, SuperDyl and riri30 like this.
  4. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

I couldn’t see anyone more qualified than you are right now. Your application was fantastic, and you and your humor are always a pleasure to be around. I would love to see you in an interview.

+1

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    Mettekes, SuperDyl and KyloMeep like this.
  5. Fortemizuki

Fortemizuki Popular Meeper

I don't know you personally, however your overall regard of knowledge what it takes to be a staff member here on Meep is extraordinary.
    I consider you to be pretty active on Meep, and yes you could do more with discord but not everyone is talkative on there. I also consider your "weaknesses" portion amazing in detail. That's what I like about you, you do pay attention to detail and its great for a quality staff member. I enjoyed reading your application and I hope you have the opportunity for an interview. +1 from me!

qazini, Mettekes and SuperDyl like this.
  6. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

+1 may have had some ups and downs over the past few months but hey we are still friends and I know your very qualified for this job!

Mettekes likes this.
  7. agnd

agnd is a steely-eyed missile man

You've got everything it takes to be a staff member except for the little green word before your username. +1

8. Blendyz

Blendyz Hipster for Life ♥

-1, I don't really believe you'd make a great addition to the staff team. You have to be quite sensational if you want people to like or remember the server, and you have qualities that they're generally looking for (eg. kind, active, not immature) but to me, you really don't stand out all that much.

OKNEM and Mettekes like this.
  9. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

Didnt read it but length of application = quality of staff

+1

CasualNuker, SuperDyl and Mettekes like this.
  10. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

Because that's how anyone is supposed to judge quality: by the quantity.

cooey, Mettekes and CasualNuker like this.
  11. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

Lol best +1 post ever

12. steviefiveo56

steviefiveo56 I just build here

Good luck!

SuperDyl and Mettekes like this.
  13. MegaStufOreo

MegaStufOreo The Cookie Monster

There's not much moderation to be done anymore, especially since I'm gone ;) Anyways though, do what you can otherwise. Help with plug-ins, make suggestions, work on projects, etc. I'm sure you have the ambition to do it. Whatever you can really, especially since the role of Helper has drastically changed due to the critical hit that the player count has taken recently. Your traits hold up and I'm sure you can get it done. As I've said, moderation is at an all time requirement low. Just do what you can, keep the dream alive. +1

Mettekes likes this.
  14. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Accepted for interview.

CasualNuker, SuperDyl, cooey and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.