1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from lordusan

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by lordusan, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordusan

lordusan The true #DarkKnight

Member Name lordusan

Additional In Game Names: None

How old are you? 15

Do you have TeamSpeak? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 3-6

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 4-7

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? No

References: Please give IGN's Cooey3, Duckeh_TheFox, _piro_, deerlandingxd, dia34landingxd, cleaves510

When did you join Meepcraft? Late August, early September of 2012

Introduction: Hello my name is Jainil, but most of you know me as Lordusan (or Susan for some of you). I am currently a sophomore in high school, and am really involved in many clubs, such as student council and a robotic's club, which I started. I enjoy topic's related to math, and science, and of course, business. Over this, I am part of several school teams, and take leadership roles in most of them, including manager for the Varsity volleyball team. Furthermore, I work at the New York Botanical Gardens, in the Children's Everett's Garden, teaching kids about plants, and conducting stations with children of ages 2-14. Although I might seem like your average geek or nerd, I do play several sports, and was in Varsity XC, Fencing and Spring Track my freshman year. I enjoy playing meepcraft especially because of the community, and the relationships that I have made on meep are irreplaceable.

Why should you be Helper? I truly believe that I have many characteristics that would make me a good helper. I am very good at handling tough situations, and am able to come up with compromises that satisfy everyone. Moreover, I enjoy helping others. The thing that makes me smile the most is when I bring a smile to others. Even if I work very hard to make meebles, I often give away large amounts to people who need the money more than I do. Another strength of mine is that once I put my mind to something, I will work tirelessly to complete it. For example, I have bought all my rank's using meebles, and also focus hard to maintain my grades in school (4.0/4.0 GPA atm.). Also, after using a citizen shared alt for about a week, I realized how much rankism existed on meep. After that incident, I try my best to treat everyone fairly. Until recently on meep, I have been the mayor of the town silverfish, since the past reset. After the previous owner of the town, angelofdeath324 left meep, I continued to support it, and keeping it in a good condition, hoping that I could return it to its rightful owner. Even after learning he was not going to come back, I continued to uphold the town, giving new residents a town in which they could rely on their mayor to help them with anything that they needed. I want to help as many people as possible. Another thing that qualifies me to become a helper is that I am very good at problem solving. I have led my school Mathcounts team to 5th in the state (which is extremely difficult in NY), and have also won the National First Lego League robotics competition. I also placed 8th in the world in the Stanford Math League competition, and still continue to excel in math and science.

What are your weaknesses? Despite my strengths in real life leadership situations, I have never been staff before on any minecraft server. I am new to many of the staff commands. Furthermore, I can be slightly disorganized. Even if I have my /chest's in order, when it come's to time management, I consider myself a planned procrastinator. Also, very rarely, I do get myself into some arguments, but always try to resolve them.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: I really enjoy playing meepcraft and helping everybody around me. Ever since joining meepcraft, I would have never expected that I wanted to be staff, because playing with the meep community is a great experience. Regarding bans, I used to have a lot of bans. Ever since I quit meep, and rejoined, I have tried my best to keep my ban history clean. Therefore, since about a year or so, I have not gotten ban. I have learned from previous mistakes and understand that the only way to get something done is the right way. Now with the opportunity to help others, I am ready to take on the position of helper, and do what the job suggests. Thanks for reading my app!

cooey, LadyCassandra and Belldorado like this.
  2. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

You came back a week ago?

Toostenheimer and benster82 like this.
  3. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Story time.
    One day, many weeks ago, there was a boy named ScrubsilenderHD, or Tyson.
    Tyson gave at least 3 people(Including me, Cooey, and Lord here) an alternate account named Idiotic_Starfish. Ult btw
    Somehow mr. 4th person comes in! He gets the account and CHANGES THE PASSWORD :eek:ooooo
    No way did anyone see this happening what with so many people having access to this account!!!1!1!11!
    What did me and cooey do? Like nothing, lul about it, it's chill
    What does lord here do?
    He take it to me, gets ALL KINDS of angry, blames the sharing account info on me, harasses me, and refuses to stop speaking to me
    This was like 1, 2 weeks ago?

*sigh* you know ranked players are ignored about the same as much as a citizen?
    You know if a citizen works and is well-known, he isn't ignored as much?
    There's your problem...
    why the hell is that in your app?

Your why hardly gave us much info. Yeah you do all that stuff, now relate that to meep.

Why would you list a strength in your weakness? Are you trying to distract us?
    Staff go through a tutorial/training thing, no worries about that, I don't see how your /chest not being organized is going to make much difference as a staff
    How are you going to fix those issues?
    --------
    Now, you've posted a few things today and Tuesday, then it goes way back to August for a few posts, July, not much posting there. You need to be active here, posting a lot, You need to be seen daily.
    'seen daily' is a TS thing too.
    You're very immature IG and I have not once seen you help in shout.

cooey, Toostenheimer and 00000 like this.
  4. OneBreadSlice

OneBreadSlice Celebrity Meeper

Immaturity I a huge issue here.

There was a few instances where you said you were leaving, gave all your stuff away, left the server for a day and then came back. This shows me that you seek attention and pity from others.

Your application seemed kind of amateur, there wasn't a lot of explanation of why you should be staff. It was mostly full of what you do for fun. It had a few grammatical and spelling errors.

Toostenheimer likes this.
  5. benster82

benster82 Celebrity Meeper

-1 It seems like you're only recently returned to the forums as I haven't seen a post from you for a long time until today.

6. Belldorado

Belldorado Celebrity Meeper

+1. <3 I don't wanna put the reason because my hand hurts...

lordusan likes this.
  7. benster82

If you can't state a reason then don't +1. It makes you look biased.

Bob4444444 likes this.
  8. lordusan

I put you in references because I believe you know me very well. :) also not allowed to edit my app

9. Jaina

Jaina Celebrity Meeper

Eyyoo.
    I'm gonna -1 for the moment.
    -I haven't seen you in game too much, plus the fact the you just joined again recently if I am correct.
    -Your app didn't really have a reason for why.

Minydragon3 likes this.
  10. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

You put people in references because you asked them and they knowingly support your app.
    You don't just stick your friends in there.

11. Killdogx

Killdogx Celebrity Meeper

Sorry bud but no need to listen to that story.... you just came back like a week ago.... -1

12. Zoe89

Zoe89 ℓιgнтωєιgнт ςяαzу

I have seen you try to be helpful in shout recently with messages like "does anyone need help with anything?" after I saw that, I knew this was coming.

+ attempting to be helpful (and succeeding in some cases)
    + knows the server
    + active in-game

- not on teamspeak, and not much on forums
    - not the best app

+/-, but I wish you the best of luck!

~Zoe

13. Liam

Liam Fergalicious, baby

+0.5. I believe you are serious, and can handle social situations. You're generally kind, but I think you could use a little more info.

---Also Admin please change my Forums name thanks. :)---

lordusan likes this.
  14. Belldorado

I'd say the reason but it'd be way too long.

15. benster82

I'm just saying, not mentioning why you are giving a +1 makes it look like you're kissing his butt. Not trying to insult you or anything.

16. Belldorado

I'm honest on all staff apps.

17. benster82

I'm not saying you're lying. I just wanted to tell you.

18. lordusan

I understand that I wrongfully got mad at you, but there were some major events in my life going on at the time, and the account being lost with items that I had placed on it was another stress at the time. However, I have learned from this, and did apologize. I also have helped other players since then such as World_Dstroyer, who was also going through tough times.

A couple weeks ago, as stated above, I did have some major life events that caused me to leave for a while. However, the strong community on meep brought me back, and I want to give back by helping people more than I already do.

Also, to all those who stated that I came back a week ago, I did not leave meepcraft for all that long. I would occasionally pop in using Idiotic_starfish (now hacked and banned), just to see how people were doing.

Thank you for all your comments, and I hope to improve myself based on all your suggestions!

metr0n0me likes this.
  19. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

Your app was pretty good.
    You are active, but you recently came back.
    You are a little immature, but not to the point of being a serious problem.
    From the examples above, you have been a little unfriendly to some people.
    Good luck though, definitely someone who knows the ropes!

20. xXAdotXx

xXAdotXx Bibliophile Extraordinaire

Hey lord!

+0.5

I thought your app was pretty good! The intro was well-done, and it told a lot about you. You sound like you have great leadership skills which really comes in handy when handling Helper tasks. With that, There were a few things that I wasn't too fond about.
    Although you have a lot of good points in the "why" paragraph, a lot of the paragraph was about Meep and nice things you do on Meep. Sure, being nice and giving back really does help, but elaborate more on your personality and different traits that make you Helper-worthy. As well, your weakness paragraph was really short, and didn't highlight too many weaknesses. Once again I stress this- elaborate! Too much is better than too little!
    From what I've seen, you are pretty active, and are always on global chat. I did read through replies on this thread, and saw that you have a little history with some Meepers. This is why it's the 0.5.
    Nonetheless, I wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing you online.

-Adot

mindwrights and lordusan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.