1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from LordMellow

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by LordMellow, Mar 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordMellow

LordMellow SuperMellow

Member Name LordMellow

Additional In Game Names: Marshanater101 Marshmellow120

How old are you? 17

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 6-12

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 10 +

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? No

References: Please give IGN's Midnight_Galaxy
    Vexmae
    Qazini
    SpongeyStar
    CluelessKlutz
    AdrianBFaust
    Synergizer
    Katronica
    MegaStuf

When did you join Meepcraft? May 15th, 2015

Introduction: Hellow everyone! I’m LordMellow, Mellow, Marshall or Lord. (Love it when there are 3 lords online and someone says “Lord” and we all say “yes?”). I joined meep when I was 12 back in May 2015. My brother and I had just gotten Minecraft and wanted to explore new worlds with new people. We didn’t know how to do anything and found out what /modreq did within 10 minutes of joining. We were helped instantly by a staff member and ever since that day I have wanted to become a helper. Fast forward 5 years, I’m nearly an adult and still have that dream, that is why I am here today.

My hobby outside of MeepCraft is programming games. This interest actually stemmed from the time I had on the server because MeepCraft was created from nothing and had such an amazing community I wanted to bring that joy to others but in my own world. I liked programming games so much that when I was 15 I achieved a certificate II in information, digital technologies and publishing and am now doing the cert 3 this year and plan to continue those studies after high school and work in the industry.

Why should you be Helper? This is gonna start off sounding bad, but it isn’t. I make mistakes. Simple as that. Who doesn’t? Why am I writing this at the start of my application? Well, its because a mistake is how we learn, how we become better people. I’m not born perfect, and I will never be perfect and I will not pretend I am because no one is! This is okay... I always learn from my mistakes whether they’re personal or professional and I believe that not only accepting criticism but also learning from it is a very valuable trait in anyone.

As I person I have strong values, that I stick too. I may mess around and have fun but, I am serious when it comes to standing up for what I believe in and what is right not just for me, not just my friends, but everyone.

My dedication is impeccable. Ever since I was young if I found something I liked or didn’t, I would stick to it, either because I enjoyed it or because I was too stubborn to let something beat me.

I am friendly and open-minded about everyone. When I solve disputes I get both sides before I act and I do my best to make everyone happy and am able to tell someone that what they are doing is not right even if I am friends with them.

Sometimes, people who play online have bad days, we all do. Some people distance themselves while others take it out on others, even when those other people are just trying to help. I have stepped in for people that were on the receiving end of harassment before and that put me in the firing line. While I do not enjoy being harassed, I am able to talk to the person and gently diffuse the situation. At the end of the day, I am able to smile knowing that I helped someone and didn’t let it get to me.

What are your weaknesses? For years I have struggled with anxiety to the extent where I get physical pain from being anxious and this has hindered me throughout my life. As a child I would not go out for days at a time, I wasn’t even able to get out of bed. These days it is nowhere near as bad because of breathing techniques I have developed, ever since I have not missed a day, even with this extra anxiety about COVID19.

Another weakness of mine is my headaches and migraines. Ever since I was 5(earliest I can remember) I have been getting them. During these periods I am unable to look at any screen and need to take panadol and lie down. I used to get these very often and have been to the hospital on more than one occasion. As I’ve gotten older I am starting to slowly grow out of them and am able to recognize symptoms before they get really bad and get rid of them swiftly most of the time.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: Thank you for taking the time to read my application. I look forward to any and all feedback!

2. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

Accepted for interview!

+1

Meznik, Peero, GroovyGrevous and 3 others like this.
  3. Midnight_Galaxy

Midnight_Galaxy ✧゚・:*Forever Reading *:・゚✧

+1 hands down would be amazing

Meznik, BooBear1227, Peero and 3 others like this.
  4. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

Mellow you are one of the kindest, most attentive human beings I know. I am sure that you will make a great staff member. Huge +1.

Meznik, BooBear1227, Peero and 3 others like this.
  5. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

hellow mellow!

You are honestly such a kind hearted person and always a joy to be around. You bring your happiness to the server and I love that. You are very helpful and quite mature. Well suited for the job! +1

Meznik, BooBear1227, Peero and 4 others like this.
  6. Katronica

Katronica Celebrity Meeper

+1 on this beautiful man. Never a day where I think "god this guy is way too nice to dice all my money away"

7. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

+1 from me, all those years I've been seeing you in game you have always been one of the most positive players. I think you will make a great staff member.

I would however like to see you more on the forums!

8. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

+/-
    You are kind and positive and I think could potentially make a good staff member. However like half the server are staff members at this point and I don't really see what sets you apart from everyone else or would really benefit the team as a whole. atm there aren't really any new players that need help joining or much conflict among players so how else would you being staff benefit the server.

9. BooBear1227

BooBear1227 Sunflower | Always

Hi Mellow!

I've seen nothing but positivity, kindness, and maturity from you. You stick out in chat not because of the color, but because of your spirit, personality, and kindness. You are a true joy to be around and talk with. Wishing you all the best with your application moving forward.

+1

10. Meznik

Meznik Celebrity Meeper

good +1

Midnight_Galaxy and LordMellow like this.
  11. LordMellow

LordMellow SuperMellow

Thank you, everyone, for the amazing feedback :D!

I would like to take the time to address some concerns :).

You're definitely right, I need to be on forums more often! From now on I will be on forums daily and post whenever I can.

I don't think that having lots of staff members on a community server is a concern but I understand your point and why you would like me to set myself apart from everyone else. I believe what sets me apart the most is the fact of my first weakness, my anxiety. While I stated this as a weakness it also has a bonus which I did not clarify. Because I am anxious about most things I am able to prepare myself for many different scenarios, including worst-case, and make a plan before it's even happened which is a great skill for problem-solving that comes naturally to me and I believe this sets me apart the most.

That is true, for the most part. Each day I see at around 5 new players join and only sometimes they need help, so you are right there, but revamp is right around the corner. This will be a very busy time for meepcraft and its staff. I believe having additional staff will payout with all the /modreqs that will be sent out from experienced meepcrafters while they are learning all the scopes, as well as from meepcraft veterans returning and new players joining. Additionally, with more players, there is a higher chance of conflict.

Hopefully, I have been able to address all your concerns and I look forward to any more feedback!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  12. Viperfan

Viperfan Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Game Designer

literally you are the nicest and most innocent person i've ever met and would make a great addition to the staff team +100

13. Midnight_Galaxy

Midnight_Galaxy ✧゚・:*Forever Reading *:・゚✧

Accepted for interview!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.