1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from Liz

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Liz, Mar 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liz

Liz Celebrity Meeper

Member Name Liz

Additional In Game Names: whyLiz

How old are you? 17

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 2-3

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 3-4

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? No

References: Please give IGN's QUSM
    AdrianBFaust
    EmperorMeznik
    JJJuiced
    Vexmae
    Synergizer

When did you join Meepcraft? April 18th, 2015

Introduction: Hello, my name is Liz and I am interested in becoming a Helper for Meepcraft. I am a highschooler in San Diego, currently taking a ton of honors classes, but managing to still be a straight A student. I have my time taken up by school but when I am free, I go onto meepcraft and socialize. I believe I am pretty well known to the server, but for all of those who don’t know me very well, I can be kind of a class clown. Yes I love to joke around but don’t worry, I am a very real and serious person besides that funny side of Liz. I am a member of a debate club in my school which has improved my serious side. When it comes to problems, I am able to break them down and solve them piece by piece.

My hobbies include anything animal or gardening related. I have a garden at my house containing different types of grasses I feed to insects in my backyard as well as my cat, who loves to eat grass to deal with stomach pain. I am an equestrian (horse-back rider) of 10 years and it is a sport I will never give up. Working with horses of all breeds and ages is my passion and I can’t get enough of it. I am out at my barn 6 days a week for around 2-3 hours per day. Getting outside in the sun, in the dirt, is my paradise and I wouldn’t give it up for anything.

Why should you be Helper? I have loved this server for years and as the well known revamp will be coming out soon, I want to help out and get the server growing like it used to be. The community is like a family to me, everyone is so kind and when I would be dealing with tough life experiences, they’re there to support me like no other. I want to give back to the community by becoming a helper and making Meepcraft a better server.

I have been having some free time lately (COVID-19 school shutdowns) and I would like to fill that by becoming more active on Meepcraft and Discord and showing everyone that I am a person they can come to for anything. With this free time I can:

Fix any issues the server may be experiencing
    Build a friendlier and more positive community
    Becoming a better person for myself and for others
    Impact Meepcraft in a positive way

In my earlier years of highschool, I was a part of my ASB (Associated Student Body) group that would take on events and fundraisers for my school. We would become the leaders of our classes that would bring people together and create a community of happy teenagers. I intend on doing the same for Meepcraft. I am a very friendly and caring person and in addition to that I have experience in being a leader. I can bring people together and take authority when nobody else can. Working with others increases my motivation to finish projects and tasks on time. Everybody can be a positive and efficient person in all types of everyday tasks, I will support that in Minecraft.

What are your weaknesses? I love to make jokes. Joking around with my friends on Meepcraft fills a piece of me everyday with joy. Some of my jokes can get out of hand, get offensive, and become no fun. I am able to control this weakness of mine and I have the serious side of Liz that wants to do the most good for every situation. I never intend any harm with my jokes because that is just not the person I am.

I am a person who suffers from anxiety and depression. This leads to episodes of where I shut myself off from computers, phones, and social media, to help heal any anxious or depressive feelings I am experiencing. This is a weakness that could affect my time on Meepcraft. Lately, I have been doing very well handling my anxiety and depression and have not experienced any of these episodes lately.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: I want the community of Meepcraft to have a helper who they can look up to and inspire to become a better person. I want to improve every little flaw Meepcraft experiences. Like I said, this community is like a second family to me. I could give up anything and everything for this server if I had to.

2. Juiced

Juiced Popular Meeper

+1 Haven't known you very long, but in the time that I have all interactions have been very positive. Seems like a good addition to staff.

IzzSt, Alphaprime1212 and Liz like this.
  3. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

+1 I definitely see you as a great fit for helper. A great overall person as well.
    Good luck!

Alphaprime1212 and Liz like this.
  4. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

Humor shouldn't be a weakness, it's good you can joke around and you aren't a robot. This is a minecraft server, it's not the most serious thing in the world.

Honestly that was a really good application.

+1

EDIT: Grammar type beat

5. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

+1 I know you make jokes I make jokes and it's ok to make jokes and be funny sometimes +1 liz I am interested in this

edit: I'd also like to mention the fact that u said you found another server to play on 2 days prior to applying here, that's not a problem but you also said you'd come on meep every now and then so idk if we can trust that you be active on meep, especially with the covid situation :)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  6. Meznik

Meznik Celebrity Meeper

+1 Not annoying, helpful, active

7. Midnight_Galaxy

Midnight_Galaxy ✧゚・:*Forever Reading *:・゚✧

I have a few concerns with your application and specific parts.

This is not going to last forever, so what happens when the shut downs and life returns to normal? Applying for staff shouldn't be something that you have decided to do because of that alone. Once the COVID-19 scare calms down, you aren't going to have this "free time" and so does that mean that meep will be placed on your back burner? and you will become inactive? because that is the way it seems by highlighting this straight away in your application, it seems that this is a just because decision and not something that you actually want.

I feel this is a really weak section, you should have explained how you would do this.

Overall, in game and in other places you are very immature and can be quite disruptive in chat.

It's a -1 from me.

Liz, qazini, VKL_ReWinDzz and 3 others like this.
  8. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

i have come down the heavens to this app, how depressing

Although I am currently in a state where I cannot witness your current activity on the server, as stated in Midnight's post, you will most certainly leave once the world's current situation with this virus is over. Of course, knowing that some of us attend school, maybe you can't get online anymore and will turn your focus on your hobbies and education, while attempting to stay on meep. However, there may be times where, if you are a staff member, and are urgently needed on for some unknown reason (e.g. bunch of alts hopping on and spamming in chat), you will not be available. If becoming staff is one of things you want to do to fill up your time while this pandemic is ongoing, then I recommend finding something else to do.

Your "reasonings" to "Why you should become helper" are pretty terrible. Once again, as Midnight stated, you should've honestly gone into detail of how you'll make these points happen. I'm glad you provided a small section of you being a part of your ASB, but not pinpointing what goes where to support those reasonings can be confusing (at least it is for me, seeing that I have no brain power at this time) and lacking. Even going into real life or past minecraft experiences can help that section immensely. If you do need help with this, look over previous accepted applications, specifically SpongeyStar's.

Ignore this part/correct me if I'm wrong, but if I recall, don't you have a little brother? I remember some times in the past that someone other than yourself had access to your account. If so, then that brings forth a problem. Yes, you can change your password. Yes, maybe your brother doesn't play minecraft/meepcraft anymore. Regardless, someone other than yourself may potentially have access to your account.

While our previous encounters do show that you can be quite mature during problems that have escalated, this app just seems a bit terrible.

(forgive me if this reply is horrible, i am dying from online classes as i hate them)

9. Liz

Liz Celebrity Meeper

he has his own account:

long story awhile back i "quit" so i gave my ult account to him and his account was elite so i took that account. we switched names and passwords so he would have no access

i just wanna clear up what i meant:

bc of shutdowns, i will have more time than before, and im working on improving that even after the shutdowns bc of revamp. with this more time im organizing my time with work, sports, and meep. i understand where it could get confusing for you though so no worries thats kinda on me for not wording it correctly

thank you and mid for mentioning these points. it helps me improve on what i can do better on

Pmx728 and IzzSt like this.
  10. AwesomeAdoGamer

AwesomeAdoGamer Celebrity Meeper

+1 best staff app ive seen in a while and you arent a bad person either* gg gl

Liz likes this.
  11. MegaStufOreo

MegaStufOreo The Cookie Monster

I see no reason as to why you shouldn't at least have a chance at helper. You're kind, helpful, knowledgeable, and active. Especially during a time where we'll have a lot of players coming on due to the wonderful coronavirus, we need more hands to moderate well during all hours of the day. Some people are concerned about whether or not you'd be active after this whole thing blows over and I'm confident that you still will. This is simply a good time to get started. I don't think it means that it's a just a way for you to occupy time before leaving at the end of this. Clearly the majority of the community agrees with me and I'm confident you can get the job done with no problem.

+1

@DarkKnight49x Listen here you little booger. You're banned so you can't see how she acts in the most important aspect of the server. Go back to your ogre cave. (This is a joke staff please don't hurt me)

Epicdude141, Adrian and Liz like this.
  12. Viperfan

Viperfan Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Game Designer

+1

Liz likes this.
  13. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

+1

You are pretty nice and helpful. I feel like you are pretty mature and can handle situations well.

Liz likes this.
  14. Mettekes

Mettekes Popular Meeper

Hi, it's me- back at it again. Jus straight vibin bro. Okay anyways, I'm just going to ask a few questions that I'm curious about (because that's how I am, hehe)

I can somewhat understand what you're meaning by this, but one question. How do you think YOU can improve Meepcraft, and make it a better server?

As Mid and Knight have pointed out, it worries me that this is one of your main points on why you are being more active and why you should be a helper. This whole issue will go away soon enough, and that time will be taken up again. Yeah, you'll still be around, but will you really be able to make a change in the server as you were wanting to?

Within this application, you said plenty of things that lead me, and probably many others, to believe you might not be very active after a short period of time.

As you were saying, you have a problem with depression/anxiety. Putting all of this pressure on yourself may affect that negatively, which would lead to you being offline- and not accessible (as mentioned).

I don't know you well, and I haven't been active for almost a year now- so maybe you won't really take any of this in. Which is fine, I just wanted to ask a few things and what-not. Take what you want from this.

For me, it's going to be a -1

(also I'm kinda dying of sick right now, so some of this might not make any sense at all and I apologize in advance)

payooo, Liz and Midnight_Galaxy like this.
  15. Liz

Liz Celebrity Meeper

thanks for the points luv <3

if u look at my response to dark it kinda explains most of the questions you have as well

i intend to stay very very active. the depression, the school, whatnot could slow me down but i'm not going to let that get in my way of being a staff member for meep. i believe i got what it takes to become helper because im at a pretty good high with life.

i believe meepcraft is going to become a huge server again and i want to help out the staff team and my fellow meepers : ]

Mettekes likes this.
  16. Synergizer

Synergizer Well-Known Meeper

+1, is very nice person and would be greatly valued as a staff member

Liz likes this.
  17. TheHeadHunter1

TheHeadHunter1 Popular Meeper

+1

Liz likes this.
  18. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

Hi Liz. We've decided to deny your staff application at this moment in time. If you'd like to discuss your denial, please message myself or another high staff on discord.

Midnight_Galaxy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.