1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from KyloMeep

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by KyloMeep, Jan 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

Member Name KyloMeep

Additional In Game Names: JamezMeep

How old are you? 18

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 3

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 4

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? Yes

References: Please give IGN's Riri30, Smkorpi, Viperfan, Toby12f

When did you join Meepcraft? End of 2012 (I'm leaving it as that as I now know that I don't know the exact month).

Introduction: Before you ask, I'm not dead. I do still read the forums. Anyway...
    Hello, my name is James and I am from the United Kingdom, specifically Yorkshire. Let’s go through a bit about myself. I’m a computer science student at college currently and I work as a sales assistant at Morrisons Supermarket. My interests are technology, audio and film.
    Throughout my life, I’ve always had an interest in technology and most certain, the weather. As someone with a slight eye will have noticed, I am no longer going for Meteorology. This is due to the fact that I don’t exactly like algebra and that is what the course consisted of (I mean, who actually likes it).

Why should you be Helper? There are a few reasons why I believe I would be a great candidate for the helper position on the server. Previous experience is one of my strong points. Now I know that experience can be miss-leading but I have been successful previously. With the help of my friend Max and some others, we successfully created a huge server with over 800 players which is one of my proudest moments in my history of being staff. This gave me a good insight into what it means to be staff. From handling players, to being a system/server administrator, technician and architect, I have experience in all fields. This can relate to the work which is needed currently by the staff team. As I’ve had experience in most areas of servers, I can branch out if needed to help on other tasks which we are short staffed on.
    Previously I have been staff on Meepcraft, some people will remember when I was mod last year. I believe that for me, this went successfully. I was able to go through the training section with ease and pick up the commands and rules easily. It got to the point where I was able to join the training team and assist the team in training up the staff. This was helped massively by my previous leadership skills which I was able to build up during High School, college and previous servers. I’m able to command a team of people to get a job done which was shown during my role as ‘learning leader’ (I know, cringe) during my High School years.
    As I’ve had training from my real life job, I’ve been taught the most effective ways of handling customers (in this case players) and what to do in most situations. I’m able to keep a professional manner when handling customers or players, no matter the situation. If I don’t know the answer, I ask someone else as there is no point in keeping them waiting. Efficiency is something I have a strong point in, I’m able to get through modreqs and customer requests with ease and with a decent speed without compromising the experience that they will receive. I believe that a high standard of quality is important when handling customers as its quality what people come back for. If they have a bad experience, it paints a bad picture in their mind of the whole server and they may not return, this is not what I want to happen.
    Due to me being staff previously on the server, I’ve had a lot of time to take in the ins and outs of what happens. I’ve got projects I’ve been working on as staff and I never got to complete them. There are ambitions of mine which I want to get out there on the server and that could only happen if I get the position. I’m always open to ideas from other people and am able to command a group of people (a team) to reach a certain goal. I’ve proved this before and I’m certain I can do this again.
    More so, staff is an opportunity for me. I’m looking into the long term this time, not a few months. This is an opportunity for me to further increase my skills with customers and service skills which will help me with my job and improve my performance on the server. Due to this fact, I believe that my performance will be higher than last time (which I believe was adequate for the standard that the server is looking for) and will only improve moving forward from here.
    My timezone is another reason why I believe I would do well as staff. Due to me being in the UK timezone, I am on when most other staff members aren’t. More often than not I log onto no staff on. This is a recurring occurrence which I hope to rectify.

What are your weaknesses? At the end of the day, no one is perfect (even if you think you are).
    One of my main weaknesses is my activity can vary. Due to me having a job and being a full time student, it means that I will not be able to get on as often as most other staff. However this is countered by the fact I can be on in times that most other staff members are not even awake at.
    Previously I have had low interaction on other forms of media that the server has had. As a few people may have noticed I haven’t really been posting on the forums a lot lately. This is usually due to the amount of time I have to dedicate to those other sections of the server. I know it is important but the time I have, I would much rather invest into improving the server and helping out moderating in the timezones when no one is on, rather than taking part in debates (I do read what goes on in the threads. I’m not completely inactive). However I expect this to improve as the shifts calm down at work and due to me getting a proper phone in the coming weeks and my recent purchase of an ipad pro, I can get online more often.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: If this happens to go through, I have a fairly limiting schedule on when I am actually able to participate in an interview. This will most likely be solved, however this is just a note. I work Thursdays and Saturdays (potentially other days as well) on later shifts though I could most likely come online.
    Thanks for reading the application, James.

Adrian, IzzSt, Viperfan and 8 others like this.
  2. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

+1 no need to explain why

KyloMeep likes this.
  3. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

Your application is dilligently written and very impressive alone. You have also demonstrated great skills of integrity and maturity. These reasons, along with the fact that you have a lot of experience, makes you overqualified for this position. Good luck, you got this. It would be a mistake not to accept you.

+1

riri30, Meznik and KyloMeep like this.
  4. EnergyAssassin

EnergyAssassin nerd Staff Member Administrator

+1 You shared some excellent ideas for Meep the last time you were staff. Also, CS students are cool (right?)

You will need to settle with CK who likes Kylo more though...

KyloMeep and MeepLord27 like this.
  5. Viperfan

Viperfan Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Game Designer

you like marvel +1

Meznik and KyloMeep like this.
  6. Meznik

Meznik Celebrity Meeper

+1
    yes
    your application was cool
    your amazing!
    you probably look really handsome (hmu sometime)

KyloMeep likes this.
  7. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

+1 werent u already staff like a week ago

boombox123, CasualNuker and KyloMeep like this.
  8. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

+1 for mod

KyloMeep and riri30 like this.
  9. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

In all honesty. I'd have to give it to CK, he properly loves star wars where as I'm the average fan.
    Can't see that happening. We can wish though ahaha

SuperDyl, Meznik and smk like this.
  10. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Accepted for interview

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.