1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from JamezMeep

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by KyloMeep, Dec 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

Member Name KyloMeep

Additional In Game Names: Currently none that are mine. Some of my irl friends use my other accounts

How old are you? 16, turning 17 in January

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) Around 4

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) Around 6

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? Yes

References: Please give IGN's PeriHeika
    Bridgetisboring
    Ellieellie
    Vexmas

When did you join Meepcraft? If I can remember correctly, August 2012

Introduction: Hello, I am James. I'm from Yorkshire in the United Kingdom and I currently study Geography, Maths and Physics at college. I work part time at a door construction company and I like building computers with my friend.
    My interests include weather, computers, cinema and cars. I spend way too much time at the cinema, which I guess isn't a bad thing as I have always seen the latest films before my friends - so they don't spoil it for me.
    My future ambitions will be to study meteorology at Reading University.

Why should you be Helper? Experience - I have had a lot of experience. Setting up and moderating servers is something that I am very familiar with as over the years I have helped out friends and helped build large communities. For a short time, I was staff on Meepcraft before I had to leave the server to work on exams.
    Throughout school and college, I have been the leader of groups. This includes helping them specially with learning if they have difficulties and helping them to get settled in with their new environment. In school, I was always chosen to help get the new kids that joined in our year settle in. I feel that I can bring this to Meep as I have experience in helping people get started, especially this would work with new players who don't know what to do.
    I have had experience also through working at businesses in real life. This translates into me knowing how to speak to people and how to help them in certain instances.
    Work Ethic - I believe that you have to do the job right and not leave gaps. What I mean by this, when you start helping someone, don't leave it short. Go out of the way to help them and help them get where they need to be. This leaves a good impression on these players of myself and the server.
    Loyalty - I believe it is important for people to be loyal to the place they work. This is the same with Meepcraft.
    Dedication - This is something I take seriously. When I put my mind to something, I am dedicated to do it. The same will apply to Meepcraft.
    Projects - I feel like if there was a project on Meep, I would be able to help out with this. On previous servers, I used to be good at planning parkour. I could shine in thinking up maps and ideas for it.
    I feel that I could be a good asset to the team and definitely help out. This benefits me in the future as it gives me more time spending and helping people which I can put into real life jobs as well as helping the people who have asked for it. It also gives me an opportunity to get to know the community more and to know the game better as well.

What are your weaknesses? One of my main weaknesses is getting time to go on other forms of media for the server. I am fine with getting in game and helping but having the time to head on discord and talk is going to be a struggle. My life is busy with revising but I do make time to play on Meep throughout the week and I could use this time to also talk on discord.
    Spelling is another one of my weaknesses, however this is minor, it could make me seem unprofessional when speaking to someone.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: Yes, if you ever need to get in contact with me on skype, my skype account is Live:JamezMeep. I should be available on discord a lot now though. I am getting more active as I now have it on my phone.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    riri30, Pmx728, iKitten and 1 other person like this.
  2. Trexy

Trexy Celebrity Meeper

I haven't really seen you online & helping people in /g, but I haven't been on in a few days either. What makes you... you, what will you add to the staff team that we don't have yet, or have a lack of? I will remain +/- for now, but we'll see.

iKitten and KyloMeep like this.
  3. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

One thing I think you could work on is activity in global, other than that I notice you're active and we need a few more staff around our timezone, goodluck!

iKitten and KyloMeep like this.
  4. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

+1 I have been on during very late hours (speaking in EST) and your timezone would benefit at those times.

5. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Take me to the movies and you'll get a +1, for real though you'll do well as staff again.

riri30, cooey, iKitten and 2 others like this.
  6. PeriHeika

PeriHeika Celebrity Meeper

+1, but if you take Kieran to the movies without inviting me it will be a -1.

Pmx728, cooey, EllieEllie and 2 others like this.
  7. Alexxaaa

Alexxaaa Celebrity Meeper

+1
    - kind & sweet !
    - responsible

Pmx728 and KyloMeep like this.
  8. Trexy

Trexy Celebrity Meeper

Yup, my +/- has become a +1, you're a very good applicant!

KyloMeep likes this.
  9. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

+1
    After getting to know you a little bit this summer, I have no doubt in my mind that you would be an amazing helper. You’re super kind, helpful, and just genuinely a great person.

KyloMeep likes this.
  10. lollisweet101

lollisweet101 Celebrity Meeper

Very true. There's always rule-breakers that get away and you can definitely help! +2

KyloMeep likes this.
  11. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

+1

But, how can you benefit the staff team in ways specific to you? What makes you different from other applicants?

KyloMeep likes this.
  12. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

Thanks for the reply. To answer your question, I've had experience with nearly every part of running a server - moderating, decision making, setting things up/fixing things and also building. Also, when I am usually online during the hours I play, I see no staff members online at all. I feel like I could try and get jobs done throughout these hours that wouldn't be done due to a lack of staff online. Also throughout my time being staff, I have also been team leader as well. This would help for in the future as if I was to get a role like this or similar to this, I have had experience so this would help me with the job.

Ideas surrounding servers like parkour and kitpvp I will be able to help with a lot. During my time as staff on other servers, I have taken on the role of minigames manager (yes I know, bad name) which allowed me to build, design and set up minigames as well as come up with ideas for the techs to implement to help the game become a more enjoyable experience. This would come in useful as we seem to have a lot of minigames which have become a bit old and rejected, for example we could do with a few more and fresh boomo maps to make it feel new and more welcoming to newer players.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 8, 2018, Original Post Date: Jan 8, 2018 ---
    Yes I have, a few times actually

Trexy, alex77034 and Pmx728 like this.
  13. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Most of the things you say when speaking to me is Fuzzlr needs to this, Fuzzlr needs to that, the server should do this without showing any planning however I would like to hear other suggestions besides Boomo maps because thats been in progress since December.

KyloMeep likes this.
  14. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

what makes you an "authority" about parkour or kitpvp? Please show examples of your competency in these fields. I've never seen you in parkour, I've never seen you online at all (especially talking about pvp)

2 or 3 games are unplayably broken, and you're worried about boomo?

you don't even check trello? definite -1

Hyori likes this.
  15. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

My authority was on other servers, not Meepcraft. Not to be rude but I have never seen you online either and boomo was an example. Not my main focus

16. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

stats says I've logged on over 1,500 times, spent around 400 hours total online, and done 100 hours in parkour (with 8 hours of shifting)

Hyori likes this.
  17. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

Maybe we don't play at the same times then
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 18, 2018, Original Post Date: Jan 8, 2018 ---
    I've changed my ign, literally just now to KyloMeep. JamezMeep is no longer used.

18. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

Wow! !! Good for you!

To the contrary, I see him quite a lot. Adding onto the application however, I think the activity aspect is good and your knowledge of kitpvp is great. People with extensive knowledge of kitpvp I feel are needed. I think your a good canidate. But, what would you like to do to improve kitpvp?

KyloMeep likes this.
  19. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

Accepted for Interview!

Pmx728 and KyloMeep like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.